Dagger/Dagger PvP Soulbeast

Kraitan.8476

@Xenash.1245 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:Someone has been ratting on this build. Never thought it was OP in the slightest, but just right. I think some of the higher level players have been getting wrecked by this in duels, and they probably complained to CMC.

Viper's Nest nerfs are quite significant. Duration never matters in spvp. The condi burst we lose from the nerf is big, and it might be worthwhile running the fire trap instead.

I'm considering running this instead now:

its a buff, 2 psn stacks for 13 secs is insanenot every spec has on demand cleanse all the timelook at holo or rev who use resistance over cleanse, or anyone rotating/trying to get out of combatnot so significant i think but still a buff

It's a small buff if you're dueling against something that has little to no condi cleanse.

It's a nerf because you get less heals from Predator's Cunning, and less condi burst.

Overall the build should be fine, but time to kill will slightly increase because of this.

The build is just fine, if anything I'd say the build is a bit worse against players that are very aware with what they're doing but better against players that make mistakes. You just need to experiment around with it and you'll see the changes that can make it shine, like for example I've had a similar build compared to the original posters for quite some time. But in contrast my build was more pressure focused at the loss of some mitigation, there's a few changes mainly in stats that I'd personally go for but the main thing the build needs in my opinion is the jungle/black widow spider.

I've got well over 100hrs on the build. I'm past experimentation. The Viper Nest change is a pretty big DPS nerf, and the build's condi pressure has decreased. This is because good builds and players use condi cleansing appropriately.

I'm not saying the build is all of a sudden bad, but it was needlessly nerfed.

@"mistsim.2748" said:Someone has been ratting on this build. Never thought it was OP in the slightest, but just right. I think some of the higher level players have been getting wrecked by this in duels, and they probably complained to CMC.

Viper's Nest nerfs are quite significant. Duration never matters in spvp. The condi burst we lose from the nerf is big, and it might be worthwhile running the fire trap instead.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAUx/lVwsYfsH2JWePlvzSO3EA-zZoOkCUAJICyUK42B

Thanks for posting this! I like how you keep this up to date. I had been using the sword/dagger meta battle poison build but it felt so bad with the vipers nest nerf. I tried this one and definitely felt more damage pressure and will continue to run it.

I also love how you went to sword and incorporated torch to keep up the pressure vs dagger offhand. Let me know how it treats you as you play more with it :)

Edit: thoughts on owl vs hawk? Seems like you’re rocking wolf as main now but it’s hard to pass the mobility from swoop. I know wolf has a leap but doesn’t feel the same. I’ll have to give that a go again though for sure.

@ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:

@"mistsim.2748" said:Someone has been ratting on this build. Never thought it was OP in the slightest, but just right. I think some of the higher level players have been getting wrecked by this in duels, and they probably complained to CMC.

Thanks for posting this! I like how you keep this up to date. I had been using the sword/dagger meta battle poison build but it felt so bad with the vipers nest nerf. I tried this one and definitely felt more damage pressure and will continue to run it.

I also love how you went to sword and incorporated torch to keep up the pressure vs dagger offhand. Let me know how it treats you as you play more with it :)

Edit: thoughts on owl vs hawk? Seems like you’re rocking wolf as main now but it’s hard to pass the mobility from swoop. I know wolf has a leap but doesn’t feel the same. I’ll have to give that a go again though for sure.

No problem. I'm still testing out the burn/bleed build, not sure if it's going to be as good.

Sword kinda tanks your dps...it's quite noticeable. But the mobility and leaps are nice. Might go back to d/d afterall...just experimenting a bit.

I swap between Owl, Jacaranda, and Alpine Wolf. Jacaranda gives you additional sustain and much more DPS, but you can't leave the fight. Owl is always a good pick for Spiritual Reprieve. Wolf lets you deal with oppressive power builds like core rangers, holos, Spellbreakers, etc...it has two leaps and you can still leave the fight with 800 range leap.

@mistsim.2748 said:No problem. I'm still testing out the burn/bleed build, not sure if it's going to be as good.

Sword kinda tanks your dps...it's quite noticeable. But the mobility and leaps are nice. Might go back to d/d afterall...just experimenting a bit.

I swap between Owl, Jacaranda, and Alpine Wolf. Jacaranda gives you additional sustain and much more DPS, but you can't leave the fight. Owl is always a good pick for Spiritual Reprieve. Wolf lets you deal with oppressive power builds like core rangers, holos, Spellbreakers, etc...it has two leaps and you can still leave the fight with 800 range leap.

Thanks for the details. I’ll prob stick to owl and have wolf on swap to test. Honestly, you could simply go d/d and change burning sigil to bleed or something and run same traits. I may give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

The Viper Nest nerf didn't seem to go through (although it's changed on the UI), but the increased duration did.I modified this build by switching to Rabid amulet with Orr Runes. This is probably the best bang for the buck, against both condi and power builds.This build remains unbeatable in 1v1's.

Edit: condi meta too stronk...went back to Carrion. all my games are literally Malyx, core necro, burn guard, and p/d. There is an odd Holo and Daredevil, otherwise the extra toughness is quite wasted.

@mistsim.2748 said:The Viper Nest nerf didn't seem to go through (although it's changed on the UI), but the increased duration did.I modified this build by switching to Rabid amulet with Orr Runes. This is probably the best bang for the buck, against both condi and power builds.This build remains unbeatable in 1v1's.

surprised you haven't gone with sunless yet

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:The Viper Nest nerf didn't seem to go through (although it's changed on the UI), but the increased duration did.I modified this build by switching to Rabid amulet with Orr Runes. This is probably the best bang for the buck, against both condi and power builds.This build remains unbeatable in 1v1's.

surprised you haven't gone with sunless yet

I did try it, but tbh i dont think i gave it enough of a chance. i'll test it some more. it definitely makes the ult a lot more interesting.EDIT: yeah, Sunless + Carrion is probably my favorite combination for this meta. Barely anyone plays power builds any more.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:Not sure how any of you can play this is higher tiers, in Silver its just CC'd until you are dead.

Maybe you're trying to team fight? you should be on the side node winning your duels, or at worst +1'ing others. I know for a fact that you can win any 1v1 with it, unless youre maybe facing the literal god for that spec. You have on-demand protection, stab, mobility, heals, Resistance/invuln depending on pet, two invuln frames from weapons, and tons of cleanses.

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:Not sure how any of you can play this is higher tiers, in Silver its just CC'd until you are dead.

Carried by meta classes. ?

Condi soulbeast is pretty good atm and players in plat are actual players, you also get better teams in plat compared to silver/gold which is full of bots/bad players that cannot be carried.

I play with some friends who are low-mid gold players. I like playing with them, it's fun, but I tank my rating after a few nights. So far, I've climbed my way back from Gold 2 to Plat 2 about 5 times in soloq. If I wasn't playing with my buddies, I'd probably be in Legend, but that's not really important to me. You can definitely climb with this build. Different things carry at different levels. For example, in Gold you can carry well with a Reaper and burn guard, but in Plat these builds are quite meh. To get out of Gold 3, and especially Plat 1, you need to win your duels.

When it comes to side node duels, this build dispatches most meta builds quite handily. You only have trouble with Malyx, and core necro just takes a bit longer. For obvious reasons.

Although you can win any 1v1, the major disadvantage of the build is that you don't do as well in 1v2's when your opponent gets +1'd. Whereas necros, revs, and holos for example can buy more time. Therefore, timing, awareness, and positioning are a lot more important for the condi Soulbeast. I imagine this is why it's not really meta.

@mistsim.2748Yeah, you can climb with condi trapper soulbeast, I find it very enjoyable to play, tho I’m very casual this season spending most of it not pvping due to working away from home/living in motels. My build is slightly different than ones people have put on the forum, but it has so far won the last 6 matches in a row, with 8/10 last 10 matches having been won. I’m due for another 10 match losing streak tho hahaha