Class specific story dialogue?

@Anaesthetising.8502 said:Hello, was wondering if there is any special, class specific dialogue in the story content regarding the player character - specifically Revenant as I'm about to start HoT and was curious if I can expect any comments about my toon being a Herald.

If you are asura, there are several lines in LWS2, sylari has a lot of stuff in HoT made specially for them. HoT begining is funny, if your PC is revenant, he will ask rytlock wtf is this new magic he is using:D

Oh yes, there are a lot of instances where your race and/or class gives you different dialogue. which is really nice.

On Wing 3 Raid Stronghold of the Faithful, Engineer characters will comment on the proximity mines at the start of SIege the Stronghold.After Xera summons Keep Construct and her illussion disappears, Mesmers will smugly say a line after Glenna comments on Xera being a powerful mesmer.

Im pretty sure through the story there are some instances where special dialogue appears depending on class although I can't recall where exactly. As an engineer I remember hearing stuff like telling others characters how accostumed you're on machinery when there is an engine or gear you have to handle.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Sometimes it even affects gameplay slightly, for example at the end of The Head of the Snake story, Engineers can repair the turrets. And being an Asura and/or Engineer often affect the level of technobabble you get.

Adding on, for 'Confessors' End', rangers can tame a hostile veteran dog (Canach will ask you to, actually), Necromancers can turn enemy skeletons against their masters, Thieves can pick a locked door midway through the story (Canach will, again, provide a quip on this). Other classes get no love. Your character also has extra lines if they've done the Caudeceus dungeon before doing the episode.

I hope they can pull this stuff off with the Orders too. I vaguely remember that the Order of Shadows guy will comment if you're from Whispers, but it'll be nice to have some other in-game acknowledgement.

If you're revenant and have the Renegade spec equipped, Kalla's stance will have her comment on her statue if you approach in in the Black Citadel. There's also some remarks if you have certain items (like the mace named after her) in your inventory.If anyone on the devteam is reading this: these sorts of details (even text-only ones such as the 'engineer skips the puzzles' bits mentioned above) are wonderful and I love them in games. It's not much but these small bits of text that acknowledge your choices and characters help so much with feeling my character is more than 'Hero number-something'. The most memorable-and happiest-moments of the personal story is in Orr, my human noble bumps into their sister at one of the bases.