Remove OR change Trapper Rune

If I die against trapper rune build, i'll never tell "this thing is so overpowered, please nerf". I will just hate myself for dying against that.But everytime I see someone running a trapper rune, I can't stop myself from thinking "Wow. You definitely need a master degree in idiotism to come up with such a design for a rune."Bad job, please rework.

I'd actually have it see some quality of life instead:

• Change major bonus to 175 vitality and minor bonus to 100 concentration.
  • Change 6th bonus to 10 sec swiftness and +25% movement speed.

It'll be a defensive option, giving much needed mobility to core professions (and some elites) yet benefiting the trap skill type (thief/dragonhunter) to stack reasonable durations of swiftness since they both lack high uptime movement speed increase traits (except daredevil).

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Just change the stats it provides to something useless like concentration.

This way they have to sacrefice alot of stats for the effect.

They already sacrifice a lot of stats to use this rune, it's condi damage on a power build.

DH puts out enough burn with the F1 passiv procs that the condi dmg is not wasted that much.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Just change the stats it provides to something useless like concentration.

They already sacrifice a lot of stats to use this rune, it's condi damage on a power build.

DH puts out enough burn with the F1 passiv procs that the condi dmg is not wasted that much.

the increase is about 30 raw dmg per proc, and power dh uses burst dmg anyway so totally wasted

for burn dh its very good rune though (solely carries build)

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

For power trapper? Absolutely not.

I find the superspeed and stealth to be... out of place for what the rune is supposed to do. I'd like to see it be more directly synergistic with traps themselves beyond "take this one very specific skill type to cosplay being the best (thief) class for a few seconds!"

I'd think vitality/toughness, a damage stat minor and a T6 perk of .. say... Traps immobing on activation (with a reasonable ICD) would fit much better you're trapping... Not assassinating... But that's just me.

Edit: yeah, I realize how disgusting that would be for classes like meme-druid that already have a disgusting amount of immob uptime. You'd ideally not want it to be something oppressive, but also not utterly useless as a T6... But what that is would require a lot of balancing, testing and feedback.

They just need to pull the Stealth from that rune.(6) already gives Superspeed. Why should it need to provide Stealth as well?I don't think they should change the stat boni though. Without the stealth, it's a fine rune for condi trapper Rangers.

@Fueki.4753 said:They just need to pull the Stealth from that rune.(6) already gives Superspeed. Why should it need to provide Stealth as well?I don't think they should change the stat boni though. Without the stealth, it's a fine rune for condi trapper Rangers.

It gives two extremely valuable defensive boons (stealth and superspeed) to classes that weren't balanced with stealth and superspeed in mind.

Imagine if thief was a heavy armor class.

• Like 1

@Fueki.4753 said:They just need to pull the Stealth from that rune.(6) already gives Superspeed. Why should it need to provide Stealth as well?I don't think they should change the stat boni though. Without the stealth, it's a fine rune for condi trapper Rangers.

Ranger doesn't deserve to have stealth at all.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

Ranger doesn't deserve to have stealth at all.

I think Hunter's Shot is fair - and deserves to remain, if and when they rework / revert Protect Me! As sad as it is, ranger requires its current form and WS to survive the current meta. If not, revenant is just flatout better in every way. Holo kinda already is.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:I think Hunter's Shot is fair - and deserves to remain, if and when they rework / revert Protect Me!

I'm all for removing the Stealth from Longbow as well.They ought to make it a disengage like on Shortbow.

If not, revenant is just flatout better in every way. Holo kinda already is.Other professions over-performing is no justification for Ranger to have too much as well.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Ranger doesn't deserve to have stealth at all.I'd argue stealth should be removed from PvP entirely, or at least instantly reveal people (to make use of Thief traits).

To be inline with the rest of the runes it only should give one of the two bonuses, most of the runes give one type of boon on heal or elite used or have good enough but minor effect like the soldier rune, this one gives stealth and super speed probably some of the best effects in the game.