Cinematic = Crash ?

Hello,

Everytime a cut scene (cinematic type) occurs, my game crash.ex : begining of season 2 : wars against scarlett there is a NPC launching a cutscne.it did not happen during the whole season 1 original game.

I've opened an assistance ticket but they seem to not find what's going on.

Here is what we tryed allready :

• Launch the game as Admin
  • Uninstal/reinstal the game
  • Update video card Driver
  • MSCONFIG : disable no-windows services
  • winsock catalog reset : "netsh winsock reset"
  • Force PhysX to be handeled video card
  • configure physyX to full performence and not quality
  • Play in Windowed mode
  • lower resolution
  • Lowest graphique settings
  • play via port 443 clientport 443

Anyone got the same issue ?I'm running the game on windows 10 with a RTX 2070 SUPEReverything is smooth when playing.

Is there a way to desactivate those video cut scene ?

Thanks !

Is it a disconnect crash? Do you get any type of error message with a code?

I've run into similar problems whenever a cutscene would occur. What worked for me is setting it to windowed fullscreen as you did and use a VPN on top of that. Then when you know the cutscene starts you can try staying alt-tabbed out of the game (weird I know, but sometimes it works). But in my experience its a roll of the dice most times. Either you crash and experience the joy of doing whole instances again, or you get lucky and get passed it. Needless to say that this is not the most relaxed playing experience.

I've not heard of a way to bypass cutscenes entirely. The problem you describe is a persistent one thats been around for a while.

Is it a disconnect crash?it's a crash

Do you get any type of error message with a code?

Yes

App: Gw2-64.exePid: 8504BaseAddr: 00007FF71E520000ProgramId: 101Build: 104933Module: bink2w64.dllWhen: 2020-07-19T12:53:39Z 2020-07-19T14:53:39+02:00Uptime: 0 days 0:00:33Flags: 0

++ A LOT of infos

I've run into similar problems whenever a cutscene would occur. To be more specific, it's not every cutscene, it's only the one in video and not with the game graphic engine (hope I make sence here)

The problem you describe is a persistent one thats been around for a while.:'(

Either you crash and experience the joy of doing whole instances againwtf :o

There's a big difference between a crash when a cutscene starts, and the disconnect problem experienced in cutscenes, usually at the end.

Right at the start, its like my computer canot launch video recorded cutscene. looks like the video are corupted, not there or there is a bug somehow between GW and my Hardware.

I FIGURED IT OUT =)

I've uninstall completely then reinstall the whole game WITHOUT PLAYING ITThe option to play during the DL/Instalation phase seems to corupt the video cinematic and made the crashes happen.

Hope this helps other ppl in the future B)Thanks for ur help guys

Mine crashed after i was 40 min into the level 80 main quest lagged at the start of the movie, but then the movie played and afterwords I was stuck with a icon of a movie reel over my head I couldnt move and then it crashed and said disconnected from game client, i have to restart the entire thing, im not happy i paid for this game, this is the 2nd major bug i've encountered

• 1 year later...

im having this exact same issue. cutscenes on the POF and HOT storyline crash the game, meaning i'm unable to even get into/finish the first section of the story until the first cut scene. completed my story on core game through to level 80 with no issues whatsoever. 

did you ever manage to resolve this ? spent 12 hours today trying everything under the sun and nothing works. full reinstall the lot.