What's the purpose of Warclaw now?

len.7809

It used to run faster when in your territories, now its just a bit faster than swiftness.It used to stomp downed, now its just an fancy cleave.Its still a waste of supply pulling gate with this thing, you could try to build a ram with that.

What's the purpose of warclaw now?

@"len.7809" said:now its just a bit faster than swiftness.This was always the purpose.That and selling gemstore skins.I don't mind either to be honest, the only sore on the legacy of the Warclaw now is that it was heralded as "something big" and WvW as mode has yet to receive "something big" years before before or since.

@len.7809 said:It used to run faster when in your territories, now its just a bit faster than swiftness.It used to stomp downed, now its just an fancy cleave.Its still a waste of supply pulling gate with this thing, you could try to build a ram with that.

And with its nerfed HP, even from a low cliff it will fall to its death killing you as well. Moreover, the desert borderland has many steps, uneven grounds, cliffs and the Kittypaw (does not deserve the name Warclaw anymore) has difficulties running over them and you will easily fall to your death if you are not careful.

I have gone back to PVE recent weeks and comparing the Warclaw with the real mounts in PVE, what we have now is a useless mount after the present nerf team stripped her off almost all her skills meant for WvW gameplay. Now she is there only to make money. That's what ANet hopes. Give us back some of her skills or give us a real balance team.

@Mil.3562 said:

@len.7809 said:It used to run faster when in your territories, now its just a bit faster than swiftness.It used to stomp downed, now its just an fancy cleave.Its still a waste of supply pulling gate with this thing, you could try to build a ram with that.

And with its nerfed HP, even from a low cliff it will fall to its death killing you as well. Moreover, the desert borderland has many steps, uneven grounds, cliffs and the Kittypaw (does not deserve the name Warclaw anymore) has difficulties running over them and you will easily fall to your death if you are not careful.

I have gone back to PVE recent weeks and comparing the Warclaw with the real mounts in PVE, what we have now is a useless mount after the present nerf team stripped her off almost all her skills meant for WvW gameplay. Now she is there only to make money. That's what ANet hopes. Give us back some of her skills or give us a real balance team.

They made the mount only for Gemstore skins, if they actually cared about it they would of put more time and effort into making it work in WvW like preventing people skipping past gates and walls, mount actually fitting through the door on certain places like bay and hills and actually thinking about how this mount kills any type of roaming gameplay because you are immune to any form of cc and having an extra 3 dodges.

A bunch of free health, mobility, 2 dodges, CC immunity, and faster than swiftness speed? Still sounds pretty good to me. If it were really pointless, then people wouldn't use them. That's definitely not the case as everyone constantly mounts up as soon as they're OOC.

@"Mil.3562" said:And with its nerfed HP, even from a low cliff it will fall to its death killing you as well.There's actually a way to go down cliffs (even the ones that kill you) using warclaw in any territory without it killing you. It just depends how you go down the face, you just have to clip the tail while going down and you won't die as long as you "interrupt" the inertia on the way (note: it doesn't always have to be a ledge you can stand on, just anything sticking out). Also make sure to never use jump from cliffs, that's definitely a killer, it kind of accelerates you even on the small ones. I actually mentioned this a long time ago a few times since the launch of mount but it got ignored most of the time. You can even ditch gliding if you know how to deal with most of the cliff faces using warclaw.

@Voltekka.2375 said:Well, you're still immune to any CC, you have an extra 10k hp, two extra dodges, plus slightly faster than swiftness. I would say that it is still good for what it offers.

Its less than 10k now, and incredibly prone to taking heavy damage from small pebbles on the ground. The speed is also slower than any class with Permaswift and leaps or teleports, Weaver at its base and anyone running Rune of Speed.

Which is pretty much everything. Except Necro, I guess.

As for CC immunity, that's something it never should've had. I don't get why it didn't have a Defiance bar instead.

the CC immunity thingy I see it useful if you wanna join the main group safely or Niking or Addidasing away from the enemies.But, tbh, that shit encourage people to avoid fights in small scale and only fight when they have enough numbers.

Anyways, I agree with most of you, its for skin sales.

It's purpose primarily is equalized movement around the map. Before warclaw, there was a need to roll swiftness which is honestly a bad out-of-combat design. In addition, some professions are easier than others to move/escape during travel and the warclaw normalizes that disparity. A slow moving profession can now get back to their team with the same effectiveness as a fast moving, elusive profession.

I think the warclaw is in a great place now. It's impact on combat has been largely negated -- which is perfect. It more precisely fits a roll of out-of-combat movement equalizer.