Voice acting in next LS and upcoming Expansion? (Content Quality)

Hadi.6025

Not trying to be harsh... but this is a serious question to take into consideration so hopefully the forum devs do not remove my post. I honestly want to know if there will be voice acting in the next Living Story. I've been working from home as well as many people around the country and we all heard that there has been a delay in work. But will we as players receive the same quality of content in the upcoming months especially with the teaser of a possible expansion sometime maybe this year or next.Will there be voice acting? Will the content be up to date? Will the balancing be appropriate and address on a regular basis like it was PROMISED ? I feel like these questions were probably asked at some point but i could not find a post so i am making my own. Is there a way to speak directly to the game devs with out them thinking I'm trying to bash them or critique them harshly ? I genuinely want to know if the quality of the content will be the same in the coming months despite the pandemic we're all experiencing.

The next episode (next week) will not have VA

We do not know and it's probably too soon for them to know either, what will happen for episode 5. The expac is also a very long way off so we will get no info on whether it will or wont and they will not answer any queries either. Personally I'm not expecting the issue to go on that long, although given the US has lost control of the situation, nothing will surprise me. We do know they intend to catch up with all VA

No there is no way to speak directly to the devs - they do not open direct communication except on very, very, very rare occasions. They did open the latest Guild Chat for questions about working for home, so perhaps pulling up the vid and watching it may give some answers

Given how quickly ep4 has come along, there appears to be no delays on pve content so far

Pretty sure they said the next episode will not have voice acting in it yet.Health is paramount to All else. Please don't think video games are more important. Life happens.

I'm also sure that the next expansion will be great and if anything might just be delayed a bit to make sure everything is working as intended and all desired features are in-game.

I'm just as sure that anet will not respond to this thread because...c'mon seriously, bro? Tons of ppl such as my wife lost their jobs, some such as myself got pay cuts. There is a pandemic going on, lots of absolute heinous stuff going on in the world, and you are worried about a video game?

I'm also not trying to be harsh, but some questions are just better off not asked.

@"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:Pretty sure they said the next episode will not have voice acting in it yet.Health is paramount to All else. Please don't think video games are more important. Life happens.

I'm also sure that the next expansion will be great and if anything might just be delayed a bit to make sure everything is working as intended and all desired features are in-game.

I'm just as sure that anet will not respond to this thread because...c'mon seriously, bro? Tons of ppl such as my wife lost their jobs, some such as myself got pay cuts. There is a pandemic going on, lots of absolute heinous stuff going on in the world, and you are worried about a video game?

I'm also not trying to be harsh, but some questions are just better off not asked.

Better off not asked? All i asked was a simple question. Is the content of the game going to be the same. I know there is a pandemic going on. The question i asked is a serious one if you want to see a game company strive for many more years. If i never asked this question then it would show i didn't at least care or try to put forth any effort of showing i care. I know what is going on cause i know a lot of people lost their jobs even way before this pandemic started.

We can agree to disagree "Bro". But my question still stands. After all they are a business and if the customer isn't happy then they lose business. So as a consumer i am asking a very valid question because i want to know if it's something i should even consider supporting in the future. If not then.... well it's time to move on, such is life.

@Randulf.7614 said:The next episode (next week) will not have VA

We do not know and it's probably too soon for them to know either, what will happen for episode 5. The expac is also a very long way off so we will get no info on whether it will or wont and they will not answer any queries either. Personally I'm not expecting the issue to go on that long, although given the US has lost control of the situation, nothing will surprise me. We do know they intend to catch up with all VA

No there is no way to speak directly to the devs - they do not open direct communication except on very, very, very rare occasions. They did open the latest Guild Chat for questions about working for home, so perhaps pulling up the vid and watching it may give some answers

Given how quickly ep4 has come along, there appears to be no delays on pve content so far

Yea, i didn't mind the last living story, i still need to finish it. I honestly thought they did all the voice acting and planning months before though, thats why i was a little surprised. I don't care too much about the Voice acting but there could be other area's affected... such as server latency , bug fixes etc.. when it comes to quality. At least that's what i'm getting at. I feel as though the Icebrood Saga's don't give too much content though, which is probably why they decided to make it free. So here's hoping the next expansion is better than the last.

@Hadi.6025 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:The next episode (next week) will not have VA

Yea, i didn't mind the last living story, i still need to finish it. I honestly thought they did all the voice acting and planning months before though, thats why i was a little surprised. I don't care too much about the Voice acting but there could be other area's affected... such as server latency , bug fixes etc.. when it comes to quality. At least that's what i'm getting at. I feel as though the Icebrood Saga's don't give too much content though, which is probably why they decided to make it free. So here's hoping the next expansion is better than the last.

PoF was an excellent expac and it sets a high bar for them to reach to, meaning they take the best of PoF and the best of HoT to make something spectacular. However, I wont deny there are issues they need to sort out - the latency in PoF and LS4 has yet to be acknowledged by them, the increase in botting, the decline in competitive modes are just some. It's difficult to know whether this is a home working thing or whether it's just NAet as they normally are - their communication and response to issues has been questionable for years and their interest in community engagement has declined to its lowest ebb.

As for the Saga not giving much content, that appears to be a deliberate attempt to work on the feedback from some quarters who seem to want a return to LS2 style deliveries. I'm not a huge fan of what they are putting out in the Saga, but I don't think things would be any different if Covid-19 hadn't hit, beyond the VA issue

I refer you to the latest, official, post on VA:

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:As the world continues to fight the spread of COVID-19, we’re working remotely on content updates for Guild Wars 2. Because the recording studio staff and voice actors who help bring Guild Wars 2 to life are also abiding by shelter-in-place guidance to keep the virus from spreading, we’ve chosen to release the upcoming third episode of The Icebrood Saga without voice acting.

This was a difficult decision to make, but we want to keep releasing content updates for the community to enjoy on a regular schedule. When it’s safe, we’ll create a high-quality studio recording so we can update the episode with voiced lines.

The trailer for the next episode of The Icebrood Saga, “No Quarter,” arrives next week, and we can’t wait for you to see what’s in store! In the meantime, we’d like to share some

Stay safe, Tyria!

So, "when it's safe" is when we can expect VA to return.

@"Hadi.6025" said:I feel as though the Icebrood Saga's don't give too much content though, which is probably why they decided to make it free.

Living story releases are always free at first, it's been that way since the game came out. Anet's original plan was not to have expansion packs at all and instead just release regular tempoary updates, with the money coming from the gem store. (This is where the 'living world' name comes from, because events would start, progress and end in something approximating real-time and sometimes lead to permanent changes to the base game.)

They used that system until July 2014 when (based on player feedback) they switched to permanently available releases. The tempoary stuff was retroactively named Season 1 and Season 2 started with the first permanent release, but they kept the system of everyone getting it free until the next episode is released because I suspect the change would have been very unpopular if we'd suddenly had to pay for everything. But Anet have always claimed there's no difference in quality of maps or story between living world and expansions, and we know it's the same people who work on both.

Also, regarding the expansion I think it's important to remember Anet have not said when they're expecting it to come out. The Q2 2020 announcement included a section titled "A Glimpse of the Distant Future" which confirmed they're working on an expansion and showed a single image they called "early concept art", but also said it was too early for them to talk about a release date or even the development timeline.

Players have been speculating on when it might come out, but that's all it is - speculation, we don't actually know when Anet were planning to release it, which makes it virtually impossible for us to know if it's been delayed unless they choose to tell us. It might be that it was already expected to be released so far into the future that covid-19 won't affect it because all the restrictions will be lifted by the time they're ready to think about things like voice acting for the expansion.

@"kharmin.7683" said:I refer you to the latest, official, post on VA:

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:As the world continues to fight the spread of COVID-19, we’re working remotely on content updates for Guild Wars 2. Because the recording studio staff and voice actors who help bring Guild Wars 2 to life are also abiding by shelter-in-place guidance to keep the virus from spreading, we’ve chosen to release the upcoming third episode of The Icebrood Saga without voice acting.

This was a difficult decision to make, but we want to keep releasing content updates for the community to enjoy on a regular schedule. When it’s safe, we’ll create a high-quality studio recording so we can update the episode with voiced lines.

The trailer for the next episode of The Icebrood Saga, “No Quarter,” arrives next week, and we can’t wait for you to see what’s in store! In the meantime, we’d like to share some

Stay safe, Tyria!

So, "when it's safe" is when we can expect VA to return.

There's also this announcement, to answer the OP's question about the next Living World Episode:"Like the previous episode, “No Quarter,” the upcoming episode will initially be released without voice acting. We plan to record and implement voice acting for any episodes impacted by COVID-19 precautions once it’s safe for our employees and voice talent to gather for recording sessions."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-to-summer-days-and-nights/

@Hadi.6025 said:Not trying to be harsh... but this is a serious question to take into consideration so hopefully the forum devs do not remove my post. I honestly want to know if there will be voice acting in the next Living Story

No, there won't be, as logic and the latest trailer should tell you.

How can there be voice acting when there's still no vaccine against COVID-19 and people try to stay safe? Just because most governments as well as the majority of their citizens act foolishly like the pandemic was over doesn't make it true.

My guess is when there is a vaccine or every dum ass anti masker and crowds of 1000's stop flocking to the beach or a protest or a Republican convention or the 100's of stories of idiots gathering. You want some answer that can't be given. I would say earliest a vaccine shows up is March 2021 so no say 3 months between episodes would be episode 7 maybe.

Yeah if my state is any indication we will be failing to contain this virus in the US for a very long time. As I understand it Seattle is also having to deal with general unrest from the anti-police stuff. Not as bad as it was but that is Anet's turf. Reading the news about their city makes me glad to be on the other coast. I am fine with no voice acting for as long as it takes for their staff to regain a safe working environment. I would not feel good supporting a company that doesn't keep their people safe. I mean, I doubt I could resist continuing to play... but I would feel bad. So as far as answering the OP, I would just assume it will be a long time and act surprised if it is sooner.