Insulting, Spamming and Advertising in Team-Chat allowed?

Virdo.1540

Hey, i just wanted to ask if its allowed to freely Insulting, spamming and advertising for other Games & Servers in the WvW-Teamchat?We have the same problem since over a year almost, and specific persons got reported multiple times by many players (Even though there are just secondary accounts, so multiaccounting for wvw). But there hasnt been taken any action since beginning.So people started discussing ,assuming things etc, if its overall allowed to do everything imaginable in teamchat. Is it that case?

It is with teamchat as with everything else in this game. It is inconsistent. They may be punished and they may not be. Most of the time nothing happens and occassionally the overzealous happens. I think most of us have grown used to it by now. I find the overzealous actions to be more of a problem than the inaction in these cases. If the developer was to ramp up their GM/CM support levels, team chat is not what I would prioritize when there are so many other areas where they be better visible. As a player the best thing you can do is simply to block them and you won't see them anymore.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:As a player the best thing you can do is simply to block them and you won't see them anymore.

@Tao.5096 said:Perhaps it's time to start using it, if some people bother you with whatever they write on chat.

but isnt it also an terrible way to let people flame about everyone ,who maybe would be an quite nice person? But nobody that can proof it cant see that cuz of blocklist?Also whats with the new players that play first time (or so) wvw? And start seeing such crap in teamchat. This means bad reputation for gw2, specific servers, not guilty players and ofc the support&devs.

No, player harassment isn't allowed but if you don't ss it and report it nothing gets done I bet because most of us understand WvW can be frustrating and let some dude go off telling everyone they suck or were dumb for losing a t3 tower. Of course they can't drop key phrases directly at an individual who matches that phrase and if a person was truly offended and screen shot/sent email I bet players have been temp banned. Now of course talking about other games or topics is allowed. You have the choice to filter those players out with block for any reason and never hear them again. What else do you expect?

@Virdo.1540 said:

@subversiontwo.7501 said:As a player the best thing you can do is simply to block them and you won't see them anymore.

@Tao.5096 said:Perhaps it's time to start using it, if some people bother you with whatever they write on chat.

but isnt it also an terrible way to let people flame about everyone ,who maybe would be an quite nice person? But nobody that can proof it cant see that cuz of blocklist?Also whats with the new players that play first time (or so) wvw? And start seeing such kitten in teamchat. This means bad reputation for gw2, specific servers, not guilty players and ofc the support&devs.

No one is talking about the morals of it here. It is clearly not a good thing and it is sometimes not allowed. The question is whether the developer is to spend resources on policing it more or not. It is for the game as it is for any situation in the real world. You are going to have foulmouthed and unpleasant people or terrible in-jokes of questionable content on the school yard or at the public square. If you walk past the village idiot or the belligerent drunk they may scream some expletives at you and your kids. However, the police or head master may not do anything about it unless it devolves into targetted harassment or otherwise breaks the laws or guidelines in place, sometimes they may even err on that as they do not have the resources. The same thing goes in most computer games as in any other public space.

@"Virdo.1540" said:but isnt it also an terrible way to let people flame about everyone ,who maybe would be an quite nice person? But nobody that can proof it cant see that cuz of blocklist?Also whats with the new players that play first time (or so) wvw? And start seeing such kitten in teamchat. This means bad reputation for gw2, specific servers, not guilty players and ofc the support&devs.

Are you sure you want to waste time on this?

It's not bad reputation for the game - in every single game which has any kind of PvP element within, it has a part of community which is utterly toxic.Are you going to chase each one of them just to report them and hope they will be banned, especially as you did claim, they come back with another account?

Why not just block them and never again see what they have to say?

Pretty much blocking someone is much bigger "punishment" than banning them....

@Tao.5096 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:but isnt it also an terrible way to let people flame about everyone ,who maybe would be an quite nice person? But nobody that can proof it cant see that cuz of blocklist?Also whats with the new players that play first time (or so) wvw? And start seeing such kitten in teamchat. This means bad reputation for gw2, specific servers, not guilty players and ofc the support&devs.

Are you sure you want to waste time on this?

It's not bad reputation for the game - in every single game which has any kind of PvP element within, it has a part of community which is utterly toxic.Are you going to chase each one of them just to report them and hope they will be banned, especially as you did claim, they come back with another account?

Why not just block them and never again see what they have to say?

Pretty much blocking someone is much bigger "punishment" than banning them....

If someone would follow you the entire day and talks shit about you in mapchat, say-chat etc. and u wouldnt notice because u blocked this person ,but others dont,would u still be ok with that?`

Also isnt it also a bad thing to see that there is absolutely nobody that cares about any of the "rules" the Anet set up for the game? Doesnt matter if its goldselling, hacking or chat-stuff.

There is a guy on my server that has half the population blocked and the other half has him blocked and screams that nobody listens to his call outs. Oh and he also trolls every tag that ever tags up non stop. His endurance is remarkable but he really is the worst I've seen in this game. I've watched him do it for years. That should give you idea about WvW.