OLD Patch notes ignore, Revenant Update 8/28- Updated (9/19)Undocumented/Notes/Bugs

Justine.6351

BUG

When using active facets for boons, transitioning from underwater to surface level and land disables the pulses of boons even when facets are still active. But transitioning from land to underwater still keeps the pulsing boons from the facets. Tested in WvW Alpine Borderlands, haven't tested in PVE atm.

Also the undocumented 5 upkeep for Facet of Chaos in WvW is still there for months now while even PVP is only 4 upkeep.

From Nerfenant to Bugenant.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ShadowRain X.8159 said:BUG

When using active facets for boons, transitioning from underwater to surface level and land disables the pulses of boons even when facets are still active. But transitioning from land to underwater still keeps the pulsing boons from the facets. Tested in WvW Alpine Borderlands, haven't tested in PVE atm.

Also the undocumented 5 upkeep for Facet of Chaos in WvW is still there for months now while even PVP is only 4 upkeep.

From Nerfenant to Bugenant.

kk tested and I was having land to water bug out the facets. Its probably both. As a side note, somehow I was able to get 5 permanent stacks of Rising Momentum doing this testing but couldn't figure out how to reproduce it.Adding to list of bugs on OP.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure if it's a new bug - Unrelenting Assault -, but i feel it's a bit different to the way it bugged before the patch.Before the Patch: It bugs out, when you get out of Range while casting it = evadeframe while you still can use other skills/autoattacks.

New: evadeframe while you still can use other skills/autoattacks + If your target get back into casting range while you are in the evadeframe ... the skill would start what it's supposed to be doing. ---> doubled evasion-time. I am not sure about the cooldown behavior (if it goes on cd right after the 1st bug out or after the restart).

I already got this bug in a few PvP matches.

BUG: Draconic echo does reapply boons from Glint now when you consume them, but only when you have another skill active (passively applying boons/unconsumed), including the f2 until you swap. So if you swap legends or consume all skills (that were active) it wont reapply boons.Tested this in wvw out of combat.

ANNOYING Utility Order BUG

It seems there is a utility position Bug in the Skillbar.I am not sure yet what exactly causes it and it needs further testing, but the manually defined Order gets messed up by swapping the second and the third Utility Skill most of the time.It seems to happen when i swap Legend during a skill animation, have to test which one exactly.I am not sure about the other Stances, because i mainly play Mallyx/Herald and it happens to both Stances.Sometimes one Stance gets messed up, while the others order is still as intented, sometimes its vice versa or both get messed up equally.I had to reorder the Utilities every time after the Match, it always reordered again DURING a Match.This is very annoying because my Rotations can get messed up.I noticed it today for the first time.It seems this Bug sneaked in with the latest Update so i hope anet fixes this Issue soon, my Revenant suffered enough from the last Balance Update, the least he needs now is such a gamebreaking Bug. :'(Until Anet fixes this, ill have to stop playing my second Favorite Profession...

I noticed this Bug in PvP, which i play most of the time.Maybe someone can confirm this in PvE as well?

I noticed the bug today:

Playing Power Shiro in PvP, the 1 utility skill (in my case riposting shadows) can change places with the 3 utility (PT for me). This bug always happens during the match, when you are unable to change it back. Even when the skills are in the right order when the match starts - after a while and switching legends during a match, the utilities will change the positions in the skillbar they had when the match started.

Edit:This bug happened so far only in Shiro. (Explicit: Utility 1 & 3.)

Edit 2:The bug happened in the last match the first time in Glint. Like in Shiro, the 1 Glint utilitiy changed the position with the 3 glint utility in the skill bar. At this point I doubt it is attributed to certain skills.

The 2 utility however, seems to be unaffected of this bug.

@LeBub.9053 said:ANNOYING Utility Order BUG

It seems there is a utility position Bug in the Skillbar.I am not sure yet what exactly causes it and it needs further testing, but the manually defined Order gets messed up by swapping the second and the third Utility Skill most of the time.It seems to happen when i swap Legend during a skill animation, have to test which one exactly.I am not sure about the other Stances, because i mainly play Mallyx/Herald and it happens to both Stances.Sometimes one Stance gets messed up, while the others order is still as intented, sometimes its vice versa or both get messed up equally.I had to reorder the Utilities every time after the Match, it always reordered again DURING a Match.This is very annoying because my Rotations can get messed up.I noticed it today for the first time.It seems this Bug sneaked in with the latest Update so i hope anet fixes this Issue soon, my Revenant suffered enough from the last Balance Update, the least he needs now is such a gamebreaking Bug. :'(Until Anet fixes this, ill have to stop playing my second Favorite Profession...

I noticed this Bug in PvP, which i play most of the time.Maybe someone can confirm this in PvE as well?

Yes, this is utterly frustrating. It needs to be fixed (again). It's happening to me a lot in PvE.

How the skill seems to work:This is known mechanic but relevant to how it works, Glints boons only apply every 3s, even if you press skills a second apart, they will apply once when you press them then apply again together 3s after the first one was pressed, at the same time on a 3s 'tick'.With Draconic echo, while the consume effect is lingering, your boons continue to reapply the skills passive boon on the same existing 'tick'. It also applies the boon when you consume it (even if its off tick, same as if you were just activating it initially again). Then it will proc its passive 2x following the ticks timing of other active skills (if you pop it just before or after a tick it still will always proc 2x because of the timing).This only works when another Glint skill is active, including the f2, but not once you legend swap. I'm hoping this is a bug (and an understandable one seeing all these mechanics in play) because being able to reapply boons when you consume and legend swap could be useful for pvp/wvw (though the dmg trait is probably the top choice for wvw at least), right now its benefit is very minimal when you want to swap or take that extra damage trait instead.

@LeBub.9053 said:ANNOYING Utility Order BUG

This happened to me in wvw as well but more rarely, my herald skills were fine but when I swapped to Jalis they were sometimes wrong... I thought maybe it had to do with underwater utility positions so I fixed the order of both but it happened again (that was before the patch today) not sure if its still doing so, I havnt noticed anything switching after patch yet.

That is game-breakingly bad. I had it reset on me on Ventari and it also didn't automatically summon the tablet on legend-swap for the first time since they first implemented that change. I didn't play in any actual fights tonight but I would've been pissed, and it's less severe of an issue on Ventari.

Also can confirm the Draconic Echo bug. It's nice to at least have some of them sorta work.

RE my comment above ... I saved the text above the quote as a draft here and didn't notice it attached when I replied, meant to only have the text below the quote.Can't edit it out now but basically was talking about draconic echo after patch, and how it sort of works now but still is buggy.

• 1 year later...

this thread is close to 2 years old and facets still bug on water transitions.

i just did some research on it:

1. if you have facets running and mount up, then run into water your facets are off.
  2. if you have facets running and mount up, then jump into water (elevation change required!) your facets keep going. however they won't grant any boons from that point on until you do either of the following:2.1 you mount and unmount again on land2.2 you mount and jump into water. this will of course reapply the bug but you gain your boons once.2.3 you activate any other facet
  3. point 2 also applies if you unmount into water fast enough, i.e. unmounting on a skimmer over water. if you unmount on a skimmer over water and glide to delay the watering the bug will not occur. if you repeat the bug like in 2.2 with a fast unmount into water you can actually get a tick in the time between unmounting and landing but the bug will occur nevertheless (see https://gyazo.com/5e64bad7a6b20f57a45df979a34d341e ) <- edit: the ) is not part of the link
  4. if you move a springer into water it doesn't bug. what?

so the combination of mounts and water is the source of this bs and makes a glint perma swiftness movement very buggy any time water and skimmers are involved.if you happen to run into it in wvw you probably jumped into water with a warclaw with some elevation change.

now it becomes even more crazy:what is an elevation change?normal mount jumps don't count as elevation changes unless the mount can fly or there is an actual elevation change without the jump height.a raptor leap counts as an elevation change if it is charged and not if it isn't.a raptor tail spin does count as an elevation change. however if you happen to land on land but unmount on water you cross into water without elevation change, getting point 1 (hard to reproduce).a jackal blink does not count as elevation change and if used just above the water will reset your elevation change.now let's go weird boysa griffon flight does not count as elevation change and it doesn't matter at what height you started.a griffon dive landing in the water does count as elevation change.a griffon descend (holding back) does count as elevation change.a rollerbeetle roll out does not count as elevation change, however it has this other cool thing: https://gyazo.com/4a0bda3cf730143474d5e84a1ea2d1b3a rollerbeetle boost water bounce does count as elevation change if the beetle is fast enough.a skyscale flight does not count as elevation change.a skyscale glide does count as elevation change.a skyscale descent does count as elevation change.a skyscale dash does count as elevation change.

tl;dr:flying mounts always have their current altitude as their ground level if they actually fly and flap their wings, however in the time between that they don't refresh their ground level.the springer seemingly has no ground level at all, it always counts as a jump landing.the raptor and roller beetle use their biggest height during a charge as ground level and therefore have different behaviors on different charge states.the skimmer can not unmount into water unless in pretty rare circumstances where a roof is pushing it in and i haven't tested that.

whenever you unmount by water with a jump landing your facets stay active and consume energy without doing anything.whenever you unmount by water without a jump landing your facets are off.

keep your mounts dry revs and you won't bug glint facets! if you have to make them wet, do it without lashing them down a cliff and instead smoothly transition into water to make your facets actually go off.

@Justine.6351 said:I found mounts have helped unbug the facets when going from water to land I can just mount up and when I get off they are good again. I don't think mounts are the issue with them tbh.

you can reproduce anything of my post to test it and from all the time it happened to me i don't remember any case where it bugged without a transformation. there are other transformations that bug but transformations that allow your utility skills to go on aren't that often. it will most probably happen with a kite in the same way it happens with mounts.

• 2 weeks later...