Message from the VA (taken from Twitter)

Randulf.7614

The question that keeps popping up in my mind is whether Anet will actually follow through and add voice lines for episodes missing them. The majority of players will have moved on from those episodes as they’d have already completed the story.

From a financial perspective, Anet gains nothing by adding the voice lines. Costs appear to be a major concern for them as they forego fixing long existing bugs in the game which leads me to believe they won’t bother with the voice lines.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The question that keeps popping up in my mind is whether Anet will actually follow through and add voice lines for episodes missing them. The majority of players will have moved on from those episodes as they’d have already completed the story.

From a financial perspective, Anet gains nothing by adding the voice lines. Costs appear to be a major concern for them as they forego fixing long existing bugs in the game which leads me to believe they won’t bother with the voice lines.

Why should they lie? I guess there are contracts between the actors and the company.

@yoni.7015 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The question that keeps popping up in my mind is whether Anet will actually follow through and add voice lines for episodes missing them. The majority of players will have moved on from those episodes as they’d have already completed the story.

Why should they lie? I guess there are contracts between the actors and the company.

Not necessarily lie but change their minds later on. This wouldn’t be the first time.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:The question that keeps popping up in my mind is whether Anet will actually follow through and add voice lines for episodes missing them. The majority of players will have moved on from those episodes as they’d have already completed the story.

One thing to note is that there's a significant number of people waiting until VO is added before playing through the latest story episodes.

Not to mention, new players will likely find it odd to suddenly enter some episodes that don't have VO and that is another reason to go through with adding it to these episodes.

Also, from a financial perspective, the Voice Actors likely have contracts where they get paid upon recording their lines. Even if ANet doesn't want to pay the "Extra" costs, the VA's certainly would like to get their full contract.

Their hands are tied if there does exist a contract between them and the VA's (Which there likely does and it likely stipulates providing VO for all IBS episodes). They cannot simply renege on a contract without being liable (Thus end up having to pay the full amount, or more, anyway and not get the VO's and also miff off the VA's they've had working for them for years and likely plan to work with going forward)

Unlike other decisions that can be reversed or ignored due to not being contractually obligated in any way to fulfil them.

I'm far more inclined to believe that the voice acting will be added retroactively. Bugs that may require time to replicate and troubleshoot, not so much.It is more likely people invest in the game when content is added rather than when bugs are fixed unless they are gamebreaking (such as crashes that were happening on opening build panel due to rev templates).

It would reflect poorly if the older content was simply skipped over without any voice acting once it is safe to do so.

@"Teratus.2859" said:Don't use Twitter nor want to lol

If people read the official announcements upon logging into the game, they wouldn't have to refer to Twitter links ;) :https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/voice-acting-in-episode-4-of-the-icebrood-saga/

I'm okay with it, just like I was with the voiceless release of the previous episode.

P.S. "Kashmeer"?! :lol:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Teratus.2859" said:Don't use Twitter nor want to lol

If people read the official announcements upon logging into the game, they wouldn't have to refer to Twitter links ;) :

I came to the Forums before logging into Gw2 yesterday :PBesides sometimes information does get shared on Twitter and Reddit before it gets put on here so posts like this are helpful to people who only use these Forums.

You know what popped in my mind when I saw the video? So these VA are all capable enough to make a video with pretty good audio and face cam. But apparently there is no way for them to record their voice lines with directions given by the director. Or better yet - set up a discord / skype conference call with the VA director and make the needed recordings! Then submit it all to ANet and they use some audio mixer / noise filter tricks to make it sound better. Even if the resulting audio quality inst as crisp and pristine as would be in the recording studio, it would be WORLDS better then “Ahemm” “hhmm uhu hmmm” and ”grunt grunt gruuunt” we have now!

@Torgan DeBaku.9534 said:You know what popped in my mind when I saw the video? So these VA are all capable enough to make a video with pretty good audio and face cam. But apparently there is no way for them to record their voice lines with directions given by the director. Or better yet - set up a discord / skype conference call with the VA director and make the needed recordings! Then submit it all to ANet and they use some audio mixer / noise filter tricks to make it sound better. Even if the resulting audio quality inst as crisp and pristine as would be in the recording studio, it would be WORLDS better then “Ahemm” “hhmm uhu hmmm” and ”grunt grunt gruuunt” we have now!Its actually kind of funny. Star Trek Online recorded the VA work for its newest mission entirely over Skype, and it sounds no worse then when they do it directly from the booth.

It is 100% possible to do such.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Don't use Twitter nor want to lol

If people read the official announcements upon logging into the game, they wouldn't have to refer to Twitter links ;) :

I came to the Forums before logging into Gw2 yesterday :PBesides sometimes information does get shared on Twitter and Reddit before it gets put on here so posts like this are helpful to people who only use these Forums.

You don't actually have to log in. Top of the forums, click on GuildWars2.com in the upper left. That takes you to the news page. When done reading articles, there is a Forums link at the top to bring you back to the main forums page. Even works on mobile viewing when not signed in. Source: I routinely check the News page on my tablet before doing household chores before starting up my computer for the afternoon and evening, and it works fine even though I won't put my game signin info on a nonsecure device I could lose. It's just part of the forum browsing process for me.

Now sometimes indeed the info is on Twitter faster, but in this particular instance it was immediately available on the News page even as people were stating annoyance ANet had supposedly not put it on their official site.

Feels bad for the GW2 VA's :disappointed:Yet another story I will not read / nor come back to experience after the fact. I'll go through the motions and finish the EP so I can unlock the content but that's it. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, I find it hard to believe this is where Arena Net draws the quality line with Voice Overs when other things like bots and balance keep lingering out there...

Looks like those actors have a microphone as did the last video we saw of this type for the last ep. Shame they couldn't use them to record their voice...