restarting pc while playing gw2 pvp

Hello all,

i got some complicated issue. My pc restarts while playing pvp mode in gw2 randomly it can happen just when pvp map loaded (BOK, LOF etc...) or after some time in game (20-40mins)

things I tried.

Fresh install of windows 7 with updates and updated my drivers - didnt helpcleaning dust from my pc and fans, downloaded speedfan to monitore temperatures - didnt help temperatures are okchanging settings in game - didnt help

after that I gave it to company for diagnosis, today they called me they ran all tests (RAM, PSU, CPU, GPU, motherboard) and they couldnt find anything wrong or any damaged hardware.....they told me they will try to run it for next 3 days and they will see.....

Anyone got any idea please? Iam out of options almost :D

PS: sorry for my english.

@Amityel.5324 said:Hello all,

i got some complicated issue. My pc restarts while playing pvp mode in gw2 randomly it can happen just when pvp map loaded (BOK, LOF etc...) or after some time in game (20-40mins)Most likely a ram issue as it is pure chance when the faulty part of the ram is used.

I would run a mem test on that PC.

Besides that windows has an event log for these things and you can disable the automatic restart on bluescreens to be able to read what error message the bluescreen actually presents.

thanks for your input guys but as I said mem test showed nothing wrong about my RAM memory. I got desktop my PC is Lenovo IdeaCentre H50-55 AMD Quad Core A10-7800, RAM 8GB DDR3, AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB, HDD 1TB 7200 , DVD, USB 3.0 windows 7 home premium. It is premade PC. And yes it restarts something like you just pressed restart button no bluescreen of death etc nothing.....as I said guy who tested my pc with every possible test (CPU, RAM, PSU, motherboard, GPU) he couldnt find anything wrong with HW.....we will see since he said to me he will try those tests for another 3 days and if it shows nothing again....he will try every part of my pc separately.

If your PC restartes without any error, then it could also be a power supply issue.

But since you said you tested that too, then it's probably something weird, I could only make a statement to, if I had access to your PC.

So you need to rely on the competence of your diagnosis guy.

@KrHome.1920 said:If your PC restartes without any error, then it could also be a power supply issue.

But since you said you tested that too, then it's probably something weird, I could only make a statement to, if I had access to your PC.Actually I have seen a case like this. A customer returned a PC to shop again and again because it randomly restartet but every time they tested it everything worked flawlessly. Turned out the power lines in the customers house were rather old and produced some light fluctuations... a working power supply would have just ignored these but that one was just slightly damaged and only worked with perfectly stable power input, like in the shop where they tested it. :-)

@Ooops.8694 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:If your PC restartes without any error, then it could also be a power supply issue.

But since you said you tested that too, then it's probably something weird, I could only make a statement to, if I had access to your PC.Actually I have seen a case like this. A customer returned a PC to shop again and again because it randomly restartet but every time they tested it everything worked flawlessly. Turned out the power lines in the customers house were rather old and produced some light fluctuations... a working power supply would have just ignored these but that one was just slightly damaged and only worked with perfectly stable power input, like in the shop where they tested it. :-)

this is possible and I thought about it too......if he wont find anything i will buy better and new PSU at least......since i got that old 280W 350W should be okay and also power lines are like 5 years old because it was exchanged when I rebuilded my house.....but it could be that tbh ;-)

@maddoctor.2738 said:Does it happen only when you play PVP or in PVE as well? Have you tried playing with lower settings? Maybe your GPU is running out of VRAM

it occured only in pvp match....in pve or heart of the mist it was runing falwlessly everytime till I enter the pvp match map.....I could understand maybe GPU running out of VRAM if it happened in fights but it happened a lot of times before map even started (that 1 min countdown before match starts) and yes as I said above i tried changing settings in game (lowering etc) I play gw2 from release never had this problem only on notebook and it was clear overheting back then....