Which map do you prefer?

Riba.3271

summary:EBG is nice and fun, but has, like most maps, tons of unused space and billions of useless npc pets the map itself, also messes the whole map balance (inter--map balance) up with stonemist castle, since it tends to get camped by some servers regularly. the textures and hills are still as clunky as on every map. the biggest plus point of EBG is, that there are no ruins (a horrible mechanics that needs to go)

Alpine borders are just plain boring. pretty old, and having the same issue as all maps with the NPC pets, unpolished textures and unused terrain at all four corners basically.

desert border has basically the same problems. good thing about it, the latest version of it is the newest maps at least.

eotm is a pretty special map, the big downside here tho: it is isolated from wvw and therefore clinically dead.

If Anet wanted to test out the interest in EoTM, they could simply bring the rewards in line with WvW maps and then gauge interest from there. I think we are past the population days of overflows but still have enough that we could use a fifth map. The time was spent, bring it into line with the other WvW maps and make it map number 5 with or before the next expansion. I admit I wouldn't complain about ABL if that was an additional option to choose from. But again, it would further excel with mounts and gliding so it needs all the same rewards and features as the other maps.

Desert BL feels the most like open world and it's fun to fight in but like the rest of WvW, there needs to be some updates to connect the mode with the aesthetic of the rest of the games story, WvW still feels like right around game launch, we don't even get a little of the awesome music from expansions and living world.

We also need the roller beetle, even with regulated speed it would still feel way better for travel than the sluggish and stubby leg wingless griffon.

• 2 weeks later...

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Anyone know of any external website that shows playtime per map? Not sure that API is even exposed but never hurts to ask if anyone has seen.You can check average number of deaths on sites like Wvwintel

T1 EU

EB: 11167 + 10744 + 9883 =31794 deathsBlue bl: 4211+5162+4134 = 13507 deathsGreen bl: 14004 deathsRed bl: 8439 deaths

T2 EU

EB: 31258 deathsBlue bl: 18490 deathsGreen bl: 15349 deathsRed bl: 9597 deaths

T3 EU

EB: 25695 deathsBlue bl: 17609 deathsGreen bl: 13606 deathsRed bl: 10799 deaths

Etc. Anyways the trend seems to be that if Desert bl is used as base:

• Alpine BL is as popular as 1.5 desert maps but there is 2 of them meaning they're most likely slightly more than this
  • EB is as popular as 2 alpine maps or 3 desert maps.

But there is somethign that scews this stats for desert maps disadvantage:

• It is easier to dodge fights on desert map leading to less kills
  • It is easier to cap objective before scout shows up on desert map leading to less kills

Take it as you wish

@Threather.9354 said:

• It is easier to cap objective before scout shows up on desert map leading to less killsNeither of those is the main reason. The correct answer is that some servers and commanders absolutely hate DBL. This basicly means that those dont mind it have nearly free reign. A 50 man zerg can come in from one spawn and instantly get noticed by outmanned, yet cap the closest keep with near zero opposition. Then cap the top tower with maybe 5 reacting. Then cap the other tower with maybe 10 reacting. By the time they reach the opposite keep maybe a friendly zerg will come onto the border. Maybe. If it doesnt, you better pray your server want to hold garri or that they borderhop. I've seen like 5 people jump on DBL garrison EWP in the middle of prime with multiple queued borders. Off prime it's a similar situation except it wont be a 50 man zerg, it'll just be 5-10 enemies that you wont have enough people to fight either.

@Threather.9354 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Anyone know of any external website that shows playtime per map? Not sure that API is even exposed but never hurts to ask if anyone has seen.You can check average number of deaths on sites like Wvwintel

T1 EU

EB
:
11167 + 10744 + 9883 =31794 deaths
Blue bl
:
4211+5162+4134 = 13507 deaths
Green bl:
14004 deaths
Red bl:
8439 deaths

T2 EU

EB
:
31258 deaths
Blue bl
:
18490 deaths
Green bl:
15349 deaths
Red bl:
9597 deaths

T3 EU

EB
:
25695 deaths
Blue bl
:
17609 deaths
Green bl:
13606 deaths
Red bl:
10799 deaths

Etc. Anyways the trend seems to be that if Desert bl is used as base:
  • Alpine BL is as popular as 1.5 desert maps but there is 2 of them meaning they're most likely slightly more than this
  • EB is as popular as 2 alpine maps or 3 desert maps.

But there is somethign that scews this stats for desert maps disadvantage:
  • It is easier to cap objective before scout shows up on desert map leading to less kills

Take it as you wish

Also maybe the fact that guild vs guild fights more happens in the alpine borderlands maps

everytime on prime time the desert borderland is the only map without queue.the map is truly beautifull and i love fighting there. but i hate running for minutes to find a fight more.as a roamer i find more fights, quicker on the snow borderlands (and the best dueling spots). i find big bus battles (and sometimes with the 3 servers fighting at the same spot) in EBG.desert borderlands just have the looks.