Endless frustration getting hero/mastery points

I've gotten most of the hero/mastery points in Crystal Oasis, but as I move south into Elon Riverlands and The Desolation, I simply can't get to them. You seem to need mounts with higher levels of mastery (high vault for Springer, for example) to reach them, but to get those levels you need mastery points, which I can't get to. One mastery point in Crystal Oasis requires transport through Shifting Sands which requires Jackal mastery. Everything I try to do seems to depend on 10 other things first. I've looked online for instructions on "how to get to such-and-such mastery point" but there isn't much. Right now, I'm specifically going after the hero/mastery point at Shoals of Sovereignty. Any advice?

You can get every HP in PoF with just the Raptor (Long Jump) and Springer (Basic Jump).

Mastery Points will rely on obtaining Raptor (Long Jump) Springer (High Jump), Skimmer and Jackal (Sand Portals).

However, you can get more than enough Mastery Points for all of these mounts via doing the story. In which you only require Raptor (Long Jump), Springer (Basic Jump) and Skimmer to complete entirely. All the other Mastery Points are wierd and are there so you spend mastery points to unlock skills whose use pretty much only gets you the ability to get less Mastery Points than it cost to get the skill in the first place... (Though Jackal's Sand Portals are used for some Collections and Springer's High Jump helps with getting around)

For specifically the MP at Shoals of Sovereignty (I assume the one on the cliff top), you can use a normal Springer to jump up the cliffs there via jumping on rocks and crevices jutting out, bypassing what I believe is the intended strategy of using the Sand Portal that takes you to the top of those cliffs. I belive I used to use the south eastern side of the larger cliff formation back when I had just the pleb Springer.

I just got the High-Vault for the Springer, which helped me get a couple of mastery points I couldn't get before. The frustration is that I need mastery points to get the traits but I need the traits to get the mastery points. I will be more diligent about following the story and working my way through.

@Ardyth.9286 said:I just got the High-Vault for the Springer, which helped me get a couple of mastery points I couldn't get before. The frustration is that I need mastery points to get the traits but I need the traits to get the mastery points. I will be more diligent about following the story and working my way through.

Have you tried doing the story as many here have stated? Also the final tier of the mounts is not one you should max early at all. I waited on those until last. It's usually a shared power between them and as such, unnecessary at first. I didn't really have much of a problem? I feel like you're missing something and I think it's the story. There's lots of mastery points there. And they make more than enough to max all the masteries on purpose to help with this.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@Ardyth.9286 said:I just got the High-Vault for the Springer, which helped me get a couple of mastery points I couldn't get before. The frustration is that I need mastery points to get the traits but I need the traits to get the mastery points. I will be more diligent about following the story and working my way through.

Have you tried doing the story as many here have stated? Also the final tier of the mounts is not one you should max early at all. I waited on those until last. It's usually a shared power between them and as such, unnecessary at first. I didn't really have much of a problem? I feel like you're missing something and I think it's the story. There's lots of mastery points there. And they make more than enough to max all the masteries on purpose to help with this.

There are also others from achievements so focusing solely on the open world communes(which is typically the ones that requires other specific masteries).

For example every map has some bounty based achievements that gives points. Also at least one collection for collecting lore stuff.

Some of the gated stuff are also easily bypassed via portals/TTF/etc.

• 4 weeks later...

@"bruinin.7056" said:I am having the same problem. I tried advancing the story but i need the springer, which i cannot get because i need more mastery points. Please help, i am just about to give up on this game.

All you need for Springer is Raptor Canyon Jumping, which is seven MPs total, and you can easily get that many from Crystal Oasis and Desert Highlands without any additional mounts or grinding whatsoever. You're likely getting frustrated from trying to get the ones you can't get to, instead of finding out online which ones you can get to easily. I recommend reading the GW2 Wiki and Reddit.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks#Path_of_Fire_mastery_pointshttps://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/72hrg7/guide_to_all_40_pof_mastery_insights_sorted_by/

I found a list of mastery points on Duffy. There is text instructions and videos for each one. They are all arranged by which mount & mount level are required to reach it. I did all the base raptor and base bunnies, and pretty much had all I needed.

I would share the link... but unsure of the rules here on external links...

@Tukaram.8256 said:I found a list of mastery points on Duffy. There is text instructions and videos for each one. They are all arranged by which mount & mount level are required to reach it. I did all the base raptor and base bunnies, and pretty much had all I needed.

Those are already linked to in a previous reply in this thread

@Zereqiel.8249 said:didnt have this problem. i did the story 1st then searched youtube for the MP that i lacked. try ayinmaiden's vid. she puts the requirements for each MP and her vids are timestamped. helped me a lot.

I use Ayinmaiden too. I love her videos because they approach the achievement in a logical pattern. She also uses good camera angles in her videos - I had problems with various Dulfy videos because I couldn't work out which way to orient my character.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Tukaram.8256 said:I found a list of mastery points on Duffy. There is text instructions and videos for each one. They are all arranged by which mount & mount level are required to reach it. I did all the base raptor and base bunnies, and pretty much had all I needed.

Those are already linked to in a previous reply in this thread

Well, it is a good list. All I saw was some reddit links, though :)