Scourge nerf was needed and is great for the zerg scene

Alec B.8905

@Jeran.6850 said:I wish somehow, but its still way more safe, and convinient, to just your staff weaver to tempest.And it its feels like a joke to hear that from you, especially (no offence)... i am pretty shure you know, that guild groups have been about to deny any ele build any excess to their comp, after the february balance, aside of, maybe, aura share tempest...but even that had a big question mark on it.

It's ok. The strategy needs it be experienced so ppl will notice. Wait a bit more before ppl call nerfing again

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"Brujeria.7536" said:Honestly the worst change they ever made in the history of WvW. Apparently its okay for eles to kitten out massive damage in a huge AOEs without effor and without even needing utility skills. Or revenants dealing absurd amounts of damage with CoR from long range, with a very low cooldown coming spontaneous, without any counterplay as its not even an projectile. Its also okay for guardians to spill boons and heals like candy on 5 + allies without ANY risk involved. But you know, if people actually need to move out of a small aoe circle to prevent a laughably booncorrupt and an even more laughable amount of damage that was already split between power and condi, everyone freaks out.

Basicly they want to degenrate the WvW meta even more, removing even the need to walk out of AoE circles. Oh no, god forbid if the zerglings would actually need skill to be effective. Gw2 is a casual game after all.

Yes this game is a casual game, why do you think the majority of the WvW playerbase played Scourge? because it required skill?

Now of course people played Scourge because they love Necro in general which is fine, but lets not pretend that Scourge required any skill, it is easiest meta spec to play out of them all, Please play the other classes and tell us how you get on.

It's just as easy to play a bad scourge, as it is to play a bad weaver.But the good players of both, scourge and weaver are pretty rare.

Yes scourge is easier to start with, but if you want to actually be good, you have to predict enemy movement just as well, as an ele has to.

Throwing your spike at the right spot at the right time, and placing shades, on the most effective positions is crucial for a good scourge.Also knowing, when breach is best to use.

It's basically the exact same as ele. With the difference, that ele is a backliners, while scourges go to the front.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Power_CursesWTH do you need to predict here if everything is instant cast and instant activation with less than 30s CD on average, are you for real now with your bias?

Do you honestly think that anybody here including necro players ( except you ofc) think that necro in any shape or form is close to ele in terms of effort required? You must be the only necro player who think that scourges are hard to play...like for real

@"Arheundel.6451" said:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Power_CursesWTH do you need to predict here if everything is instant cast and instant activation with less than 30s CD on average, are you for real now with your bias?

Do you honestly think that anybody here including necro players ( except you ofc) think that necro in any shape or form is close to ele in terms of effort required? You must be the only necro player who think that scourges are hard to play...like for real

Each class and each build requires it's own effort to play.As each class has it's upsides and downs, you can say that all of them are so-so similar in terms of effort required to play.As for example, one day you may feel unbeatable, and the other day you're trampled over like an ant...

Just because you believe it's so easy to play Necromancer, doesn't mean it applies to everyone and everyone's situation they are finding themselves in while playing it.

@Tao.5096 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:

WTH do you need to predict here if everything is instant cast and instant activation with less than 30s CD on average, are you for real now with your bias?

Each class and each build requires it's own effort to play.As each class has it's upsides and downs, you can say that all of them are so-so similar in terms of effort required to play.As for example, one day you may feel unbeatable, and the other day you're trampled over like an ant...

Just because you believe it's so easy to play Necromancer, doesn't mean it applies to everyone and everyone's situation they are finding themselves in while playing it.

It's all nice and well said but...I don't need validation , I am not talking about my personal opinion; all TOP players, streamers...even the devs they all state the same : necro is easy to play, much easier to play than an ele.

I mean just compare the stats required to play each other : one can go full tank with over 30k HP while the other must go full glass while having 14k HP on average...and be forced on a rooting stance to cast its hardest hitting skill that get absorbed anyway by the upcoming barrier spam

@KlausKNT.9302 said:Actually on t1 organized groups/zergs i see much more tempest then scourges like yesterday on 37 man organized zerg was 2 scourges and 6 tempest. On 5 to 15 havoc groups usualy its on ewery 5 players 1 tempest but i don't see on any of this groups using scourges now :) (standard comp on each 5 players in group its -1 guard 1 ele 1 engi + 2 free slots ) :)On pug zegs/groups its a different story becose players come to wvsw with random classes that they play in pve and random gear and lvls- before they realize that wvsw skills can work different and it usually take some time before they gear up and/or change class to be more effective (usually low lvls or/and with low rank gear -they die in fight in a second and give enemy group/zerg big advantage on fight) :)

Tempest and Scrapper can basically fill out the same role :) Scrapper is better since it has more access to superspeed I think and turns Condi into boons :) Scourge on the other hand, can do what others cant do, Corrupt,Damage,Support :) Having 3 support classes in 1 party is overkill :) and isn't needed, the the classes that should always be in a party is a Firebrand and Scourge followed by a Herald and either a Scrapper or Tempest. :)

@Brujeria.7536 said:Or revenants dealing absurd amounts of damage with CoR from long range, with a very low cooldown coming spontaneous, without any counterplay

This is why I love these forums. Just like a lot of activists today, we get people here who just parrot talking points they have heard. They don't know what it means, and probably don't know much about the subject matter, but they were encouraged to be outraged about it, and to share that outrage.

Brujeria, everything you said in that sentence is incorrect; not my opinion, but as of the February 2020 patch, what you said is factually incorrect, and anyone who has spent any amount of time in WvW on Revenant would know that, which tells me all I need to know about the source of your comment.

Thank you for your contribution to making these forums the magical place that it is.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Brujeria.7536 said:Or revenants dealing absurd amounts of damage with CoR from long range, with a very low cooldown coming spontaneous, without any counterplay

This is why I love these forums. Just like a lot of activists today, we get people here who just parrot talking points they have heard. They don't know what it means, and probably don't know much about the subject matter, but they were encouraged to be outraged about it, and to share that outrage.

Brujeria, everything you said in that sentence is incorrect; not my opinion, but as of the February 2020 patch, what you said is factually incorrect, and anyone who has spent any amount of time in WvW on Revenant would know that, which tells me all I need to know about the source of your comment.

Thank you for your contribution to making these forums the magical place that it is.

I hit 10k+ CoRs.........................

...............on downstated zerker players!

with full zerker gear and 25 might stacks i m8 hhit arround 6k to 8k normal values are arround 2k-3k.Most players are using queue omni zergs are mostly full on ministrel and condi bunkers with perma all boons, out

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@"KlausKNT.9302" said:Actually on t1 organized groups/zergs i see much more tempest then scourges like yesterday on 37 man organized zerg was 2 scourges and 6 tempest. On 5 to 15 havoc groups usualy its on ewery 5 players 1 tempest but i don't see on any of this groups using scourges now :) (standard comp on each 5 players in group its -1 guard 1 ele 1 engi + 2 free slots ) :)On pug zegs/groups its a different story becose players come to wvsw with random classes that they play in pve and random gear and lvls- before they realize that wvsw skills can work different and it usually take some time before they gear up and/or change class to be more effective (usually low lvls or/and with low rank gear -they die in fight in a second and give enemy group/zerg big advantage on fight) :)

Tempest and Scrapper can basically fill out the same role :) Scrapper is better since it has more access to superspeed I think and turns Condi into boons :) Scourge on the other hand, can do what others cant do, Corrupt,Damage,Support :) Having 3 support classes in 1 party is overkill :) and isn't needed, the the classes that should always be in a party is a Firebrand and Scourge followed by a Herald and either a Scrapper or Tempest. :)

I noticed that organized groups with 5 man with have 1 guard,1 tempest 1 scraper and like 2 slots free (used usually by dps like ranger, war, rev, thief or mes) are weey hard to kill :)All the 3 "support" class have dps and/or cc to. Scourge dont fit there becose its to slow to move with those grups mobility and have now only 2 targets to dps or "suport" (1 target its scourge so only 1 target to help in 180 radius- when have 5 players in group to support 1 its not enought) :)

@KlausKNT.9302 said:

@KlausKNT.9302 said:Actually on t1 organized groups/zergs i see much more tempest then scourges like yesterday on 37 man organized zerg was 2 scourges and 6 tempest. On 5 to 15 havoc groups usualy its on ewery 5 players 1 tempest but i don't see on any of this groups using scourges now :) (standard comp on each 5 players in group its -1 guard 1 ele 1 engi + 2 free slots ) :)On pug zegs/groups its a different story becose players come to wvsw with random classes that they play in pve and random gear and lvls- before they realize that wvsw skills can work different and it usually take some time before they gear up and/or change class to be more effective (usually low lvls or/and with low rank gear -they die in fight in a second and give enemy group/zerg big advantage on fight) :)

I noticed that organized groups with 5 man with have 1 guard,1 tempest 1 scraper and like 2 slots free (used usually by dps like ranger, war, rev, thief or mes) are weey hard to kill :)All the 3 "support" class have dps and/or cc to. Scourge dont fit there becose its to slow to move with those grups mobility and have now only 2 targets to dps or "suport" (1 target its scourge so only 1 target to help in 180 radius- when have 5 players in group to support 1 its not enought) :)

Idk if you are trolling lol :), but when are Rangers and thieves taking the dps slots in a party of a group? :)

Also Scourges get swiftness from Guard staff 3 and Superspeed from either Scrapper or Tempest

again 3 support is overkill, 1 firebrand :) in every party with either a Scrapper or Tempest (Scrapper is preferred) :) Followed by a Herald (Which is a rev btw) :) and then Either 2 Scourges, 1 Scourge, 1 Spellbreaker or 1 Scourge and 1 Chrono :)

Like i told you 1 guard 1 tempest 1 engi + 2 slots free depending on group (ranger immob its overkil now) no scourges used becose scourge its to slow and easy ff kill :)> @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

Idk if you are trolling lol :), but when are Rangers and thieves taking the dps slots in a party of a group? :)

Also Scourges get swiftness from Guard staff 3 and Superspeed from either Scrapper or Tempest

again 3 support is overkill, 1 firebrand :) in every party with either a Scrapper or Tempest (Scrapper is preferred) :) Followed by a Herald (Which is a rev btw) :) and then Either 2 Scourges, 1 Scourge, 1 Spellbreaker or 1 Scourge and 1 Chrono :)

Like i told you 1 guard 1 tempest 1 engi + 2 slots free depending on group (ranger immob its overkil now for ff) no scourges used becose scourge its to slow and easy 1 ff kill :) Lots of Guards and tempests now in each organized/guilds groups , scourges are very rare now :)

@KlausKNT.9302 said:Like i told you 1 guard 1 tempest 1 engi + 2 slots free depending on group (ranger immob its overkil now) no scourges used becose scourge its to slow and easy ff kill :)> @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

Like i told you 1 guard 1 tempest 1 engi + 2 slots free depending on group (ranger immob its overkil now for ff) no scourges used becose scourge its to slow and easy 1 ff kill :) Lots of Guards and tempests now in each organized/guilds groups , scourges are very rare now :)

I think you need to actually play these classes to help understand how good Scourge is

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Brujeria.7536" said:Honestly the worst change they ever made in the history of WvW. Apparently its okay for eles to kitten out massive damage in a huge AOEs without effor and without even needing utility skills. Or revenants dealing absurd amounts of damage with CoR from long range, with a very low cooldown coming spontaneous, without any counterplay as its not even an projectile. Its also okay for guardians to spill boons and heals like candy on 5 + allies without ANY risk involved. But you know, if people actually need to move out of a small aoe circle to prevent a laughably booncorrupt and an even more laughable amount of damage that was already split between power and condi, everyone freaks out.

Basicly they want to degenrate the WvW meta even more, removing even the need to walk out of AoE circles. Oh no, god forbid if the zerglings would actually need skill to be effective. Gw2 is a casual game after all.

Yes this game is a casual game, why do you think the majority of the WvW playerbase played Scourge? because it required skill?

Now of course people played Scourge because they love Necro in general which is fine, but lets not pretend that Scourge required any skill, it is easiest meta spec to play out of them all, Please play the other classes and tell us how you get on.

It's just as easy to play a bad scourge, as it is to play a bad weaver.But the good players of both, scourge and weaver are pretty rare.

Yes scourge is easier to start with, but if you want to actually be good, you have to predict enemy movement just as well, as an ele has to.

Throwing your spike at the right spot at the right time, and placing shades, on the most effective positions is crucial for a good scourge.Also knowing, when breach is best to use.

It's basically the exact same as ele. With the difference, that ele is a backliners, while scourges go to the front.

WTH do you need to predict here if everything is instant cast and instant activation with less than 30s CD on average, are you for real now with your bias?

Well of course it is. Ele just needs to use one skill at the right time to do massive damage, and has a lot of skills besides that, inbuilt sustain and boons. you are right that scourge has many instant activation skills, but the skills are very, very weak in comparision. Scourge does laughable damage without wells, especially if oyu mean AoE damage. They nowaday corrupts a measily amount of boons compared by how many boons and condi clears are being spamed. All of the really damaging skills are AoE based. Wells deal their damage over 5 freaking seconds, yet a braindead skill like CoR with 0 setup, a way lower cooldown and 0 counterplay as its not even a projectile, deals absurd amounts of damage to an absurd amount of targets. Everything a scourge does needs to be prepared and timed correctly If you wanna do good damage, this includes wellspikes. Where as a revenant just needs to spam low cooldown skills, with no counterplay, and a way higher damage without any thought to be better dps wise. Ele really is the same, and has a lot of OSHIT buttons. Eles and Revs dont even NEED utility skills to deal damage, they do damage baseline with weapon skills. Where as every necro spec sacrifices utility skills simply for the need of doing dps.

Even if you play a near perfect scourge, which you really need to play good, with timing and all, you deal less overall damage and support than any halfway decent revenant or guardian or ele will.

@Brujeria.7536 said:

@Brujeria.7536 said:Honestly the worst change they ever made in the history of WvW. Apparently its okay for eles to kitten out massive damage in a huge AOEs without effor and without even needing utility skills. Or revenants dealing absurd amounts of damage with CoR from long range, with a very low cooldown coming spontaneous, without any counterplay as its not even an projectile. Its also okay for guardians to spill boons and heals like candy on 5 + allies without ANY risk involved. But you know, if people actually need to move out of a small aoe circle to prevent a laughably booncorrupt and an even more laughable amount of damage that was already split between power and condi, everyone freaks out.

Well of course it is. Ele just needs to use one skill at the right time to do massive damage, and has a lot of skills besides that, inbuilt sustain and boons. you are right that scourge has many instant activation skills, but the skills are very, very weak in comparision. Scourge does laughable damage without wells, especially if oyu mean AoE damage. They nowaday corrupts a measily amount of boons compared by how many boons and condi clears are being spamed. All of the really damaging skills are AoE based. Wells deal their damage over 5 freaking seconds, yet a braindead skill like CoR with 0 setup, a way lower cooldown and 0 counterplay as its not even a projectile, deals absurd amounts of damage to an absurd amount of targets. Everything a scourge does needs to be prepared and timed correctly If you wanna do good damage, this includes wellspikes. Where as a revenant just needs to spam low cooldown skills, with no counterplay, and a way higher damage without any thought to be better dps wise. Ele really is the same, and has a lot of OSHIT buttons. Eles and Revs dont even NEED utility skills to deal damage, they do damage baseline with weapon skills. Where as every necro spec sacrifices utility skills simply for the need of doing dps.

Even if you play a near perfect scourge, which you really need to play good, with timing and all, you deal less overall damage and support than any halfway decent revenant or guardian or ele will.

OMFG Such level of intensity and skilled gameplay...only a robot could play this class so masterfully....

I hope this video guide will help me to master necro

P.S Can we see a video of you playing staff weaver in WvW please??

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

No its not, they pretty much nerfed all of the DPS skills that time. Even if CoR deals less damage than it did before, so do all other skills. The potential damage a skill like CoR can do is way too high. It has low cooldown, 0 counterplay and hits a lot ot targets, and it does its damage upfront. Unlike you know, a well skill which deals its damage in a static AOE over 5 seconds, which has way more room for counterplay compared to how easy the revenant damage can be put out reliably. This weapon also has 0 risk for using, unlike for example a meteorstorm which locks the ele in place for a fair amount of time.

Revenant needs a massive change in how its ranged damage is handed out, the way it is currently and has been since release is a huge unjustified meme.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Brujeria.7536 said:Honestly the worst change they ever made in the history of WvW. Apparently its okay for eles to kitten out massive damage in a huge AOEs without effor and without even needing utility skills. Or revenants dealing absurd amounts of damage with CoR from long range, with a very low cooldown coming spontaneous, without any counterplay as its not even an projectile. Its also okay for guardians to spill boons and heals like candy on 5 + allies without ANY risk involved. But you know, if people actually need to move out of a small aoe circle to prevent a laughably booncorrupt and an even more laughable amount of damage that was already split between power and condi, everyone freaks out.

kitten Such level of intensity and skilled gameplay...only a robot could play this class so masterfully....

I hope this video guide will help me to master necro

Pub stomping with a guild is no measurement whatsoever. In most of these situation you could replace the reaper with any other class including lesser used classes for pure DPS like warrior or thief and get equal numbers. Hell, even Daredevil Vault spam would be as effective in most of these encounters. And hey: plottwist: these classes dont even have to use utility skills in order to deal damage, they use weapon skills.

Its simple push and win which can be done by really any halfway decent guild, regardless of being a pure guild team or being within a pub zerg.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:@Brujeria.7536 you can see CoR coming, it has counterplay by being able to see it coming toward you

So what exactly is that statement supposed to mean? You can also see a ranger LB 2 coming at you. You can see a necro getting closer to well bomb. You can literally see anything coming unless you simply cant see it due to effect clutter or being unable to see the enemy model.

The thing is: compard to how easy CoR is to land, how low its cooldown is, how many targets it can hit at a good range with no usual ranged counterplay, its damage is way too high. You see, like if it had a justified cooldown for being such a skill, or being a projectile, or it being an AoE skill that doenst deal all of its damage upfront everything would be fine. But as it is, this skill is not balanced at all. this skill alone deals way more reliable damage then scourge and all shade skills do combined.

Compared to, before the powercreep, the most reliable, hardest hitting ranged weapon was actually base necromancer shroud. Then came revenant and the powercreep. Before base necromancer and shroud was the measurement of ranged damage, it had a counterplay as it was a projectile, being locked behind a class mechanic, on a cooldown, requiring lifeforce, etc. Then came revenant hammer, which just being straight up way better, requiring no cooldown management, its AA being a 100% projectile finisher for whatever reason, its second skill dealing way MORE damage in a much bigger area without any counterplay. this skill, and this weapon is the ultimate no brain troll weapon.

There cant be any justification to any scourge nerf before this skill in particular is adressed.

As a necro and ele commander both are fun.

I believe ele requires a bit more skill because you need to memorize a lot of stuff to play it just right and have a decent rotation.

Ele is probably a decent guy who likes to do a combo attack if in boxing.

Necro is like a guy who times it right and does a strong counter cross punch.

@Brujeria.7536 said:

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:@Brujeria.7536 you can see CoR coming, it has counterplay by being able to see it coming toward you

So what exactly is that statement supposed to mean? You can also see a ranger LB 2 coming at you. You can see a necro getting closer to well bomb. You can literally see anything coming unless you simply cant see it due to effect clutter or being unable to see the enemy model.

The thing is: compard to how easy CoR is to land, how low its cooldown is, how many targets it can hit at a good range with no usual ranged counterplay, its damage is way too high. You see, like if it had a justified cooldown for being such a skill, or being a projectile, or it being an AoE skill that doenst deal all of its damage upfront everything would be fine. But as it is, this skill is not balanced at all. this skill alone deals way more reliable damage then scourge and all shade skills do combined.

Compared to, before the powercreep, the most reliable, hardest hitting ranged weapon was actually base necromancer shroud. Then came revenant and the powercreep. Before base necromancer and shroud was the measurement of ranged damage, it had a counterplay as it was a projectile, being locked behind a class mechanic, on a cooldown, requiring lifeforce, etc. Then came revenant hammer, which just being straight up way better, requiring no cooldown management, its AA being a 100% projectile finisher for whatever reason, its second skill dealing way MORE damage in a much bigger area without any counterplay. this skill, and this weapon is the ultimate no brain troll weapon.

There cant be any justification to any scourge nerf before this skill in particular is adressed.

Not really, any type of hill and CoR doesn't actually hit, if the Rev is 1200 range away, he has to predict too where you are going to be, aswell as a AoE circle coming toward you, plenty of time to get out the way, I don't main Rev but I don't think it's that strong, it doesn't strip boons, so chances are enemy will have protection and maybe Aegis up aswell as enemies not being able to be hit by the same skill within 0.5 seconds of being hit by the first one.