Least seen class after nerf

Katana.3592

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:It's just my experience, but Warriors and Mesmers are, at least in PvP, the least seen ones.For instanced PvE, it's Thieves.

Only true for fractals. Thief is still played a lot in raids unlike necro which is just played as scourge in raids at SH or as ressbot. Both are not played in fractals.

I have to disagree about necros in fractals, not just because I have one when I feel like being lazy. I see a lot of reapers and with how easy it is to put out massive damage and be pretty safe doing so, I can see why people like them.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:Whenever I do meta events, it's not uncommon for me to be the only Rev in the squad.

I've noticed that too, and most people don't seem to like playing support so I'm spamming all my Kalla and Ventari heals trying to keep 30 people alive on whisper or any other bosses.

Revenant is the class with the least players overall it seems, but that is partly because revenants as a class are tied to paid content.Unlike all other professions, you have to buy the expansion to get access to revenant and therefore it is just natural that this class is the least played in general.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:Whenever I do meta events, it's not uncommon for me to be the only Rev in the squad.

I've noticed that too, and most people don't seem to like playing support so I'm spamming all my Kalla and Ventari heals trying to keep 30 people alive on whisper or any other bosses.

Revenant is the class with the least players overall it seems, but that is partly because revenants as a class are tied to paid content.Unlike all other professions, you have to buy the expansion to get access to revenant and therefore it is just natural that this class is the least played in general.

That's probably one part of it, but I think it might also be that the class has no 'big deeps' build that doesn't have a ridiculous rotation and is generally underwhelming beyond the utility it brings to groups in PvE. I've also personally met people who just don't like the energy mechanic, but I doubt that contributes to a substantial drop in usage.

Something like Reaper on the other hand can camp shroud with little fear of danger and deal bonkers damage in most PvE content. I think Necromancer is the class I see most by far.

That's probably one part of it, but I think it might also be that the class has no 'big deeps' build that doesn't have a ridiculous rotation and is generally underwhelming beyond the utility it brings to groups in PvE. I've also personally met people who just don't like the energy mechanic, but I doubt that contributes to a substantial drop in usage.

Something like Reaper on the other hand can camp shroud with little fear of danger and deal bonkers damage in most PvE content. I think Necromancer is the class I see most by far.

I haven't put in the effort to really learn the class personally, I've played with it a few times but as you mentioned the energy mechanic is a bit weird. Often would find myself out of energy to use anything but the basic attack, and that sort of forces you to legend hop over and over again. It feels less reactive more predictive of what the enemy will do several moves in advance. Otherwise you get stuck in the wrong legend with the wrong kit. To add to this their kit can be very predictable since all skills are predetermined inside of the legends. This was my experience personally.

I found all other classes I'm able to master easily (or play above the average player) but rev I feel mediocre at best on. It's a shame, I like the effects of rev, the dialogue of the legends (especially mallyx) and their interaction with the character.

@Yasai.3549 said:Mesmers.

They have been shafted on every Espec and now shafted on Core weapons too.

Mesmer is the undisputed worst class of the game right now.

I have no sympathy for them being so OP it made me sick to see such stupidity being present and barely touched for years.

They deserve the nerfbat. Then again, Anet are not famous for their balance patches so I lost all hope.

On release Revenants were decent, some modifications were needed and made. Then since people didn’t want to learn how to play against a new class, the cries made ArenaNet over nerf it, changing what it once used to be, slower skills, much less damage, pigeonholed into specific talents/skills.

People either rolled back to their class or gave up on the game.

@Scar.1793 said:

I have no sympathy for them being so OP it made me sick to see such stupidity being present and barely touched for years.

They deserve the nerfbat. Then again, Anet are not famous for their balance patches so I lost all hope.

I'm also glad they nerfed Mesmer because they have been dominant in all the metas over the years.It's just that now that Anet is deciding to nerf something, they absolutely dumpster it to the point it can barely compare to anything else which is a really bad sign of their balance philosophy.

What's next?

FB is pretty darn strong right now, but what if they become the meta dominant Profession? Repeat of what happened to Mesmer where they just hammer it?What about Rev as well?

This sort of balance trend is what I like to call backwards balancing where they just hammer stuff into the ground, then hammer the next dominant meta pick, then so on and so forth until everything is rock bottom and need hardcore buffs.

@Yasai.3549 said:

I'm also glad they nerfed Mesmer because they have been dominant in all the metas over the years.It's just that now that Anet is deciding to nerf something, they absolutely dumpster it to the point it can barely compare to anything else which is a really bad sign of their balance philosophy.

What's next?

FB is pretty darn strong right now, but what if they become the meta dominant Profession? Repeat of what happened to Mesmer where they just hammer it?What about Rev as well?

This sort of balance trend is what I like to call backwards balancing where they just hammer stuff into the ground, then hammer the next dominant meta pick, then so on and so forth until everything is rock bottom and need hardcore buffs.

It’s truly a weird philosophy in terms of balance.

I stopped playing since with each patch back when I played they changed Revenant power spec and swords again and again. Going from a fast character to a slow clunky bastard.It’s just not enjoyable anymore especially in PvE.

Why bother with another class ?If anything it’s mostly those balance updates that made me quit. I’ve seen some bad stuff but here it’s really a (bad) reference for me.

@Josiah.2967 said:Memsers and Reapers seem non existent in high end PVP. You only see reapers in the lower tiers. Core is just so much stronger and does more damage.

Necromancers are discouraged for Raiding because they do 2/3 the output other easy specs can do. Scourage is now overshadowed by all other healing classes, I only use it to res unorganized groups in Strike Missions to help players learning the mechanics.

On the flip side... Mesmers are the only valid tank in raids and have the highest DPS.

Its because of what was said on nec forums and i quote from one of the fellow necs:

Life force gen is limited in raids due to lack of ways to gen life force in raids and reaper especially loses life force very fast, and since life force is its damage AND sustain, losing life force is a huge Dps loss.

In fractals this is not so, because there are plenty of enemies and fights tend to end a lot faster.

I can count on one hand the number of Scourges I see in PvE in a given week. I don't imagine I'll see them more often going forward. Also, Deadeyes and core thieves are rarer than hen's teeth. I main a DD and see them fairly regularly.

Balance team did their job well. Thieves and Mesmers are quite rare to see. I always try to keep an eye on squads and to check how many mesmers and thieves i can find. Usually its ~2/50 thieves and ~3/50 mesmers. And i say "Thief" and "Mesmer" as in all e-specs included. In WvW it's even worse. Quite often u even get kicked out if you join a WvW squad with thief. Idk about you but.. i think balance team is bringing this game to the ground. They need to listen to us and wake up.

@"Dave.6819" said:Balance team did their job well. Thieves and Mesmers are quite rare to see. I always try to keep an eye on squads and to check how many mesmers and thieves i can find. Usually its ~2/50 thieves and ~3/50 mesmers. And i say "Thief" and "Mesmer" as in all e-specs included. In WvW it's even worse. Quite often u even get kicked out if you join a WvW squad with thief. Idk about you but.. i think balance team is bringing this game to the ground. They need to listen to us and wake up.

Thief class design doesnt work at all in zerg gameplay. There are a lot of roaming thieves though and the 0 skill oneshot build turned wvsw into hell before mounts became a thing.2/50 you are probably meaning open world farm trains? Thats not a good measurement because lots of players judge classes on theme and afk leech ability rather than actual strength. Chrono is still incredible powerful in pve having the highest potential dps in the game and another build with high self buff potential or even other unkillable builds.People are saying raids are gatekeeping the playerbase but wvsw zergs are far worse. Entire classes are not wanted in there which is fine since not everything needs to be good at zerg fighting, Could be changed with additional elite specs though but a theme like thief just doesnt fit into big blob zerg fight.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@"Dave.6819" said:Balance team did their job well. Thieves and Mesmers are quite rare to see. I always try to keep an eye on squads and to check how many mesmers and thieves i can find. Usually its ~2/50 thieves and ~3/50 mesmers. And i say "Thief" and "Mesmer" as in all e-specs included. In WvW it's even worse. Quite often u even get kicked out if you join a WvW squad with thief. Idk about you but.. i think balance team is bringing this game to the ground. They need to listen to us and wake up.

Thief class design doesnt work at all in zerg gameplay. There are a lot of roaming thieves though and the 0 skill oneshot build turned wvsw into hell before mounts became a thing.2/50 you are probably meaning open world farm trains? Thats not a good measurement because lots of players judge classes on theme and afk leech ability rather than actual strength. Chrono is still incredible powerful in pve having the highest potential dps in the game and another build with high self buff potential or even other unkillable builds.People are saying raids are gatekeeping the playerbase but wvsw zergs are far worse. Entire classes are not wanted in there which is fine since not everything needs to be good at zerg fighting, Could be changed with additional elite specs though but a theme like thief just doesnt fit into big blob zerg fight.

I actually have in mind everything. On average. Be it a WvW squad or open world PvE meta trains or even fractals/raids (ik fractals and raids aren't a squad but still. out of 50 ppl u'll see on average 2 maybe 3 thieves. just check lfg what the group consists of. that's some indication). Or just go to strikes or anywhere in the game and try to check how many thieves or mesmers u'll see. Whenever we got nerfed hard i always try to keep an eye on how many Thieves i can see overall in the game. I gotta say our numbers are really low since maybe 2018ish~(won't remember the exact nerf that struck us. been too many). Somewhere in between HoT and PoF. Also always checking Mesmers but those are seen abit more often. Though after they nerfed IP there was such a radical change. And then mirage 1 dodge nerf followed.. I couldnt see any chronos around. Now after this balance patch atleast we can see more Chronos. I wonder how long will it last until the next nerf hammer hits chronos and we wont see em anymore again. Idk. To me it just seems like an incompetent balance team that clearly has fave classes and hated classes. Or maybe they're just reading too much of "NERF XYZ PLS" posts by players who played this game for a few months at best.

I'm curious is there a way to check active classes? Any data/statistics? Would be interesting to see how many thief/mesmer players are out there lol. I think some years ago i've seen some statistics somewhere but really dont remember. Even then numbers were like 40-50% guardians lol. The trend continues..

@"Dave.6819" said:I'm curious is there a way to check active classes? Any data/statistics? Would be interesting to see how many thief/mesmer players are out there lol. I think some years ago i've seen some statistics somewhere but really dont remember. Even then numbers were like 40-50% guardians lol. The trend continues..

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

Might not be much of what you're looking for, but it's something I look at whenever I'm thinking about what class to play.

I do agree on the balance team though. While I can understand that there's a lot of balancing to do, I feel like they haven't adequately split systems between PvP and PvE like other games that the balance team development method comes off at times like a driver nodding off, waking up and violently slamming on the brakes.