FPS locked to 60 all of a sudden

Yes yes, I know you'll now suggest me to do this and that but I already tried everything of that.I had an issue where my PC slowed down today all of a sudden overall. A Windows update fixed that and the only oddity now is that GW2 is locked to 60fps despite no vsync turned on and fps set to unlimited in both game settings and the Nvidia control panel. I also repaired the client and tried installing again.Nothing helped there.I usually get above 100 to 120 to 160 and even 200 depending on the area, amount of people, etc on highest settings.So what is this and how can I fix it because it's literally unplayable this way.Every other game works fine.Rolling back to the previous windows version would only cause the slowing down issue to happen again, I fear.And yes, every driver is updated.

Are you running in full screen or windowed mode? FPS can be affected by this.

Just because the game shows you have a certain FPS, that doesn’t mean that’s what you’re actually getting. GW2 can show you running at 100+ FPS but you won’t actually be getting that if your monitor doesn’t support it.

For the NVIDIA control panel, you may also have to force specific settings to the app itself rather than rely on the global settings.

I'm running the game always in fullscreen unless I'd need to use TaCo, then it's in windowed.

Anyways I seem to have fixed it by starting the game up through the install directory instead of my desktop shortcut.Really don't know what was causing that and how it was connected to the shortcut.

@Cynder.2509 said:I'm running the game always in fullscreen unless I'd need to use TaCo, then it's in windowed.

Anyways I seem to have fixed it by starting the game up through the install directory instead of my desktop shortcut.Really don't know what was causing that and how it was connected to the shortcut.

For the shortcut that was giving you issues, right click it and go to properties. Go go the compatibility tab and check to disable full screen optimization. It’s been known to cause FPS capping.