Nerf Drizzlewood map!

Raizel.1839

I agree but you're late to the party, it has already been overdiscussed around its launch and, while most people agreed with us, Anet didn't seem to care and they left the map rewards unchanged.
Maybe they'll reduce them with next week's update, expanding the map and adding various things to it, but I wouldn't set my hopes too high if I were you.

@Hannelore.8153 said:The devs seem to want materials closer to the vendor price, they've become extremely inflated over time. Right now they're still much higher than they were back near the start of the game, and this hurts new players and player retention.

What I remember is, liteally silk and other common mats (before ascended) getting as low as 2cp each, Yes I said two copper per silk, and ppl STILL made a profit because 2cp didnt charge a listing fee =) It was a big problem at the time. It wasnt healthy.

Later to fix issues like this and raise the price to fix the game econemy they added sinks like Mystic Chests (so much butter), Ascended recipes (original backpack recipe that used a TON of T6 mats, ecto, etc). the LW recipes, festival recipes etc are also often new sinks to fix economic issues created. Sincer items dont decay its just the way it is. If prices are getting too low they will need to add new recipes or some other kind of sink. Guild Halls are a huge sink that got added too.

Account bound items, Guild Hall decorations, ascended food, collections in which you give things to NPCs for achivements are all good ways to reduce the supply without creating an oversupply.

The value of mats does matter it impacts the value of everything related. It impacts the profitability of using things like spirit shards, and crafting in general when price/value is too far off.

I think this map has been incredibly beneficial to new players. I believe that was the goal. Mat prices went out of countrol. When you look at the gold per hour...it is the same place that Dragon Fall was months ago.

You have to remember the new map does not give things like Volatile Magic and Karma which you can get in Dragon Fall.... Those have value too.

I have been looking for groups outside if peak hours and it is becoming obvious that this map is already dying. I found Silverwaste RIBA, Dragonfall meta and Drakkar while the new area was empty in LFG. It's early for that to be happening.

Can you imagine how dead it would be with a nerf.... There is no way they are going to do anything that would lower the map population while they are expanding the map.

"#NerfAFKRewards"

Loving the current prices. If anything, some are even still too high. Cost of legendary gen 2 should be around 2-2,4k like the most expensive gen 1. Not 3k like at present.Lower prices = more happier ppl. If you hate lower prices, you're invested in it. Thus, I don't care about you. My friend played GW2 for 4 years, and she's more into AP than shinies. But has forever set sight on Twilight since 4 years ago. 1 week ago, she made it and couldnt be happier. Lower mat prices are one of the big factor.

They are purposefully making legendaries cheaper to craft so that when the armory comes out people can actually make use of it. They are planning on monetizing it probably (which sucks) so they want to try and sell it to as many people as possible.

Now if only they would do something about mystic freaking coins!!!