Bruiser Profession? Possibly slight support role.

Josh.4016

All of the support roles I see are full on no DPS. I'd like a class that has high survivability and can wear targets down. Possibility to support or better mobility would be a plus. Any suggestions? I play in a small group for WvW and not a fan of the blob zerging.

You got basicly every class as option, there is no correct answer since we dont know what you're good at. If you want to support small groups you mainly just need sustain. Surviving is half the battle as it allows others to work. If you can get the enemy to think "I cant fight A while B is around because it takes too long to down A" you've won smallscale. Some of the most annoying "supports" I meet are eles. Basicly immortal against condis while they dump so much combo and AoE fields for others and can easily wear enemy groups down. Weak to lockdowns though.

I think either berserker, spellbreaker, scrapper or reaper are the only bruiser specs that can work for you. But yeah, reaper is more than just a savage bruiser build for small scale and blob fights. But berserker is almost full glass if you know your rotations right, otherwise easy clap.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Some of the most annoying "supports" I meet are eles. Basicly immortal against condis while they dump so much combo and AoE fields for others and can easily wear enemy groups down. Weak to lockdowns though.

^This.

Elementalist is the god of GW2.

The bad news is that to squeeze the godliness out of the class, you have to actually BE a god IRL too.