why is lich still AAing for 6k?

felix.2386

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are 100% right, no skill should do this damage on any cooldown. Line of sight, invulnerability, dodging or projectile absorbtion/reflects are no valid arguments, since they won’t last longer than a few seconds - that makes it basically a „I decide you die now“-button. Nothing is worse than beating a Necro badly, them „Flesh Worming“ away, casting Lich Form and you dying in 3 auto attacks. It is to this day the #1 mechanic that makes absolutely no sense to me - even the outcomes of matches are decided by it.It needs a massive damage reduction, the auto attack should be transformed into a melee attack and the ability to switch from Lich Form directly into Shroud should be limited in some form.

Yes it's very powerful but I dont think it's that big of an issue in the grand scheme of things. Necromancers are very vulnerable when in Lich form as they do not have their shroud meaning they can be focused down. Also make use of terrain to block line of sight or use reflects against the projectiles. These are all valid counters to Lich Form.

Maybe try adding in some reflect skills/traits if its giving you problems.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reflect

A lot of people handle Lich wrong.

Just two people chaining CC could counter it back when it had a 20 sec duration since the stability application is pretty slow. Now that it's 10 sec duration you can stop it in its tracks. Or your teammates run away to save themselves and you get chunked for 28k damage in 4 hits.

Running away and conceding the point to LoS it might be a valid tactic if Necro pops Lich in a 1v1 or 1v2 against you. But it's really bad in comparison to just ganging up on it and chaining CCs if you have 1 or 2 teammates nearby.

The Lich needs needs a rework, it is a death trap and it is only use is to cheese a kill with auto attacks the rest of the abilities are terrible, you are a sitting duck if people use some projectile hate. It is not even fun to use or to be on the receiving end of it, it is not fulfilling its RP goal at all even the nerfed Rampage has its RP feel.

@snoow.1694 said:You are 100% right, no skill should do this damage on any cooldown. Line of sight, invulnerability, dodging or projectile absorbtion/reflects are no valid arguments, since they won’t last longer than a few seconds - that makes it basically a „I decide you die now“-button. Nothing is worse than beating a Necro badly, them „Flesh Worming“ away, casting Lich Form and you dying in 3 auto attacks. It is to this day the #1 mechanic that makes absolutely no sense to me - even the outcomes of matches are decided by it.It needs a massive damage reduction, the auto attack should be transformed into a melee attack and the ability to switch from Lich Form directly into Shroud should be limited in some form.

Ah yes, an elite skill that's desiged to force out cooldowns or make enemies flee shouldn't have the power to do so. High cooldown, short duration, next to no impact: thats good balance!

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@snoow.1694 said:You are 100% right, no skill should do this damage on any cooldown. Line of sight, invulnerability, dodging or projectile absorbtion/reflects are no valid arguments, since they won’t last longer than a few seconds - that makes it basically a „I decide you die now“-button. Nothing is worse than beating a Necro badly, them „Flesh Worming“ away, casting Lich Form and you dying in 3 auto attacks. It is to this day the #1 mechanic that makes absolutely no sense to me - even the outcomes of matches are decided by it.It needs a
massive damage reduction
, the auto attack should be transformed into a melee attack and the ability to switch from Lich Form directly into Shroud should be limited in some form.

Ah yes, an elite skill that's desiged to force out cooldowns or make enemies flee shouldn't have the power to do so. High cooldown, short duration, next to no impact: thats good balance!

„High cooldown, short durations“ is a subjective opinion. You need it only once every 2 to 3 minutes either way, since it takes time until enemy members respawn, a group fight happens and people are at around 70% to 80%, so 180 seconds isn‘t really that long. Plus what is „short duration“ even supposed to mean? It’s not like the duration isn’t long enough to down several people, because everyone who once played Ranked Matches has seen this happening, so I absolutely can‘t agree with you. I am watching a little bit of Automated Tournaments on YouTube and it is seriously sickening to see situations where one Lich Form manages to put 3 people into the downstate.Casting Lich Form in the 1v1 Arena in HotM is seen as a dishonorable act for a reason, because it is a cheesy low effort - insane reward skill, that can save Necros even when they play not so well and make alot of mistakes, so it shouldn‘t exist in this form, especially when the majority of the professions got their damage nerfed at the beginning of the year.I hope nerfing Lich Form for Necros and Grenades for Engis are priority number one in ArenaNets next balancing patch.

Same problem as rampage. 'everything is telegraphed' yeah but there's so MUCH you'll quickly run out of defenses and potentially die. The skill gives MUCH more value than any other elite skill. Lich form should not force opponents to use as many defensive resources as it does.

Use projectile defense (or one of your allies can) or use a mobility skill to get away and hide behind cover? An elite skill on a huge cooldown warrants at least that. I rarely die to it unless all of my cooldowns are down, and even then dodge rolling behind cover can still work fine. I borderline don't touch necro, and even I can tell that this is a l2p issue.Other elite skills being bad is a different argument entirely.

I remember when people were screeching about wanting it replaced for ages even after it got reworked because they insisted it was useless, and now there are people whining because it's actually a solid skill.

@snoow.1694 said:

@snoow.1694 said:You are 100% right, no skill should do this damage on any cooldown. Line of sight, invulnerability, dodging or projectile absorbtion/reflects are no valid arguments, since they won’t last longer than a few seconds - that makes it basically a „I decide you die now“-button. Nothing is worse than beating a Necro badly, them „Flesh Worming“ away, casting Lich Form and you dying in 3 auto attacks. It is to this day the #1 mechanic that makes absolutely no sense to me - even the outcomes of matches are decided by it.It needs a
massive damage reduction
, the auto attack should be transformed into a melee attack and the ability to switch from Lich Form directly into Shroud should be limited in some form.

„High cooldown, short durations“ is a subjective opinion.

And so is thinking that the skill is overpowered. Now where does that get us? You invalidated nothing about my statement, and backed up nothing about yours.

You need it only once every 2 to 3 minutes either way, since it takes time until enemy members respawn, a group fight happens and people are at around 70% to 80%, so 180 seconds isn‘t really that long. Plus what is „short duration“ even supposed to mean?

It means I can facetank it with a 14K health meme oneshot weaver. One Magnetic Wave +Swirling Winds combo is enough to save literally everyone around me.Even if you have just 1 relevant cooldown you can throw at the situation, you can make it into LoS most of the time.

It’s not like the duration isn’t long enough to down several people, because everyone who once played Ranked Matches has seen this happening, so I absolutely can‘t agree with you.Everyone gets caught with their guard down from time to time. If a team is repeatedly wiping to Lich Form though, thats a serious L2P problem.I am watching a little bit of Automated Tournaments on YouTube and it is seriously sickening to see situations where one Lich Form manages to put 3 people into the downstate.Casting Lich Form in the 1v1 Arena in HotM is seen as a dishonorable act for a reason,Thats funny, a necro just today cried and called me a noob runner for using a pillar for 10 seconds. He didn't even managed to hit me once while transformed. What an overpowered skill.because it is a cheesy low effort - insane reward skill, that can save Necros even when they play not so well and make alot of mistakes, so it shouldn‘t exist in this form, especially when the majority of the professions got their damage nerfed at the beginning of the year.I hope nerfing Lich Form for Necros and Grenades for Engis are priority number one in ArenaNets next balancing patch.There could be one nerf to Lich Form that I deem acceptable: remove quickness when entering this form.As I mentioned before, the purpose of the skill is to make enemies scatter temporarily. A high cooldown, high impact skill that can be countered(slow projectiles doing power damage have the most counters out of all things in this game), but you have to absolutely watch for it or you just get 2-shotted. The game needs more mechanics like this, not less.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

massive damage reduction

„High cooldown, short durations“ is a subjective opinion.

And so is thinking that the skill is overpowered. Now where does that get us? You invalidated nothing about my statement, and backed up nothing about yours.

You need it only once every 2 to 3 minutes either way, since it takes time until enemy members respawn, a group fight happens and people are at around 70% to 80%, so 180 seconds isn‘t really that long. Plus what is „short duration“ even supposed to mean?

It means I can facetank it with a 14K health meme oneshot weaver. One Magnetic Wave +Swirling Winds combo is enough to save literally everyone around me.Even if you have just 1 relevant cooldown you can throw at the situation, you can make it into LoS most of the time.

It’s not like the duration isn’t long enough to down
several
people, because everyone who once played Ranked Matches has seen this happening, so I absolutely can‘t agree with you.Everyone gets caught with their guard down from time to time. If a team is repeatedly wiping to Lich Form though, thats a serious L2P problem.I am watching a little bit of Automated Tournaments on YouTube and it is seriously sickening to see situations where one Lich Form manages to put 3 people into the downstate.Casting Lich Form in the 1v1 Arena in HotM is seen as a dishonorable act for a reason,Thats funny, a necro just today cried and called me a noob runner for using a pillar for 10 seconds. He didn't even managed to hit me once while transformed. What an overpowered skill.because it is a cheesy low effort - insane reward skill, that can save Necros even when they play not so well and make alot of mistakes, so it shouldn‘t exist in this form, especially when the majority of the professions got their damage nerfed at the beginning of the year.I hope nerfing Lich Form for Necros and Grenades for Engis are priority number one in ArenaNets next balancing patch.There could be one nerf to Lich Form that I deem acceptable: remove quickness when entering this form.As I mentioned before, the purpose of the skill is to make enemies scatter temporarily. A high cooldown, high impact skill that can be countered(slow projectiles doing power damage have the most counters out of all things in this game), but you have to absolutely watch for it or you just get 2-shotted. The game needs more mechanics like this, not less.

if focus tempest is mandatory to face lich, lich is op. get over it.everyone would lose to 2v1 tbh.focus ele is literally the only thing that's extreme projectile counter. yea, we will mention that as general situation lol..

i also like how people use LoS as excuses for range attacks being OP, melee skills can also be walked out of range, i guess melee skills will never be OP ever by your logic.just walk out of range, easy and nades are fine, just LoS bro

They could actually turn Lich into something that isn't an AA machine. Nobody likes being two shot because necro decides to pop his elite. On the contrary, make it so Lich doesn't get dumpstered by projectile blocks. You also get 10k extra health when you go Lich let's not act like you're going to burst through that without significant risk of being two shot if you happen to not be a focus ele or have an entire team on one necro.