why is lich still AAing for 6k?

felix.2386

imagine dying to lich. 1 projectile block makes that 180s cooldown into a useless button.

Not to mention, a projectile REFLECT, will make the necromancer kill himself in just a few hits. omegalul..

if you're getting put in the dumpster by a lich...well....trash belongs in the dumpster

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Caine.8204 said:imagine dying to lich. 1 projectile block makes that 180s cooldown into a useless button.

Not to mention, a projectile REFLECT, will make the necromancer kill himself in just a few hits. omegalul..

if you're getting put in the dumpster by a lich...well....trash belongs in the dumpster

Not everyone has projectile reflects and having to take projectile blocks as a mandatory in case necro does Lich because you die in two hits should tell you that there's a few problems on both sides of this argument. Nuance might be something to consider.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@nikelaus.9745 said:Imagine complaining about the damage an elite skill does (that can be reflected or be completely negated by los’ing) when explosive entrance still exists (with no CD other than dodging, and blinds + dazes if trailed).

Imagine thinking only one problem can exist at a time or can be talked about.

There are many problems that currently exist but Lich autos aren’t one of them. If you can’t LoS or use terrain to your advantage for 10 seconds, then that’s all on you. I’ve run into many liches and the only times I’ve died are the times I wasn’t paying attention or got outplayed. Seriously, all you people do are just cry and cry. Go play maple story or something. I heard Club Penguin has some banging snowball fights - that might be more your speed.

The forums always crack me up. People here will literally complain about anything that kills them. If you are dying to Lich Form then it is entirely your fault. Let me help you right quick by listing things you can do on each class if you are running the typical meta builds:

• Revenant - you have so much at your disposal that you definitely shouldn't be in here complaining. Boon removal, cc, blocks, not to mention loading them up with condi since they can't cleanse in Lich......next
  • Engineer - stealth, invuln, reflect, block, chain cc......another class with no excuse.
  • Necromancer - lmao personally I love when someone pops a skill with pulsing stability, corrupt that into fear for days.
  • Elementalist - projectile destruction, projectile blocks.
  • Thief - stealth, blind, los easily thanks to superb mobility
  • Guardian - man I hope none of you complaining are Guardians cause damn, blocks out the ass, projectile destruction, projectile reflects, chain cc.
  • Ranger - stealth, block, easily los
  • Mesmer - stealth, reflect, invuln, easily los
  • Warrior - what are you doing in pvp? lol. but for real, block, easily los, and best of all....chain cc out the ass. not to mention Rampage completely counters Lich Form and has a shorter cooldown.

So now that I have spelled it out for the players lacking in the skill department, what are your complaints? Lich Form has a 150 sec cooldown, only lasts 10 sec, makes the Necro a giant target in case the target wasn't already called on him, and I have provided you proof that every class in the game can EASILY counter Lich Form renderring it completely ineffective without making a single change to your build. So come on, let's hear it. This is a safe space, tell me where the Necro hurt you.

Way too easy to use it at an inopportune time, really doesn't guarantee you anything on any 5v5 map because it's very slow and easy to LoS. Makes you incredibly vulnerable to being targeted. Crazy long CD. Stability is easily corrupted. It's one of the easiest abilities in the game to notice when it has been used and when it wears off so reflects, blocks, immunity etc. are very easy to time to counter the damage.

I don't think it's the most gracefully designed elite, but as others have said if you think it's OP that probably says more about your skill than anything else.

@felix.2386 said:

@snoow.1694 said:You are 100% right, no skill should do this damage on any cooldown. Line of sight, invulnerability, dodging or projectile absorbtion/reflects are no valid arguments, since they won’t last longer than a few seconds - that makes it basically a „I decide you die now“-button. Nothing is worse than beating a Necro badly, them „Flesh Worming“ away, casting Lich Form and you dying in 3 auto attacks. It is to this day the #1 mechanic that makes absolutely no sense to me - even the outcomes of matches are decided by it.It needs a
massive damage reduction
, the auto attack should be transformed into a melee attack and the ability to switch from Lich Form directly into Shroud should be limited in some form.

Ah yes, an elite skill that's desiged to force out cooldowns or make enemies flee shouldn't have the power to do so. High cooldown, short duration, next to no impact: thats good balance!

„High cooldown, short durations“ is a subjective opinion.

And so is thinking that the skill is overpowered. Now where does that get us? You invalidated nothing about my statement, and backed up nothing about yours.

You need it only once every 2 to 3 minutes either way, since it takes time until enemy members respawn, a group fight happens and people are at around 70% to 80%, so 180 seconds isn‘t really that long. Plus what is „short duration“ even supposed to mean?

It means I can facetank it with a 14K health meme oneshot weaver. One Magnetic Wave +Swirling Winds combo is enough to save literally everyone around me.Even if you have just 1 relevant cooldown you can throw at the situation, you can make it into LoS most of the time.

It’s not like the duration isn’t long enough to down
several
people, because everyone who once played Ranked Matches has seen this happening, so I absolutely can‘t agree with you.Everyone gets caught with their guard down from time to time. If a team is repeatedly wiping to Lich Form though, thats a serious L2P problem.I am watching a little bit of Automated Tournaments on YouTube and it is seriously sickening to see situations where one Lich Form manages to put 3 people into the downstate.Casting Lich Form in the 1v1 Arena in HotM is seen as a dishonorable act for a reason,Thats funny, a necro just today cried and called me a noob runner for using a pillar for 10 seconds. He didn't even managed to hit me once while transformed. What an overpowered skill.because it is a cheesy low effort - insane reward skill, that can save Necros even when they play not so well and make alot of mistakes, so it shouldn‘t exist in this form, especially when the majority of the professions got their damage nerfed at the beginning of the year.I hope nerfing Lich Form for Necros and Grenades for Engis are priority number one in ArenaNets next balancing patch.There could be one nerf to Lich Form that I deem acceptable: remove quickness when entering this form.As I mentioned before, the purpose of the skill is to make enemies scatter temporarily. A high cooldown, high impact skill that can be countered(slow projectiles doing power damage have the most counters out of all things in this game), but you have to absolutely watch for it or you just get 2-shotted. The game needs more mechanics like this, not less.

if focus tempest is mandatory to face lich, lich is op. get over it.everyone would lose to 2v1 tbh.focus ele is literally the only thing that's extreme projectile counter. yea, we will mention that as general situation lol..

i also like how people use LoS as excuses for range attacks being OP, melee skills can also be walked out of range, i guess melee skills will never be OP ever by your logic.just walk out of range, easy and nades are fine, just LoS bro

I gave one example of how even a full yolo meme build with no regards to defense can completely shut Lich Form down, and your takeaway is that it's the only way, and it's mandatory? Oh yes that makes sense. LoL.You might want to educate yourself(I doubt it, but there is a small tiny very very little sliver of chance, so here you go), reread this comment:

@Shaogin.2679 said:The forums always crack me up. People here will literally complain about anything that kills them. If you are dying to Lich Form then it is entirely your fault. Let me help you right quick by listing things you can do on each class if you are running the typical meta builds:

• Revenant - you have so much at your disposal that you definitely shouldn't be in here complaining. Boon removal, cc, blocks, not to mention loading them up with condi since they can't cleanse in Lich......next
  • Engineer - stealth, invuln, reflect, block, chain cc......another class with no excuse.
  • Necromancer - lmao personally I love when someone pops a skill with pulsing stability, corrupt that into fear for days.
  • Guardian - man I hope none of you complaining are Guardians cause kitten, blocks out the kitten, projectile destruction, projectile reflects, chain cc.
  • Warrior - what are you doing in pvp? lol. but for real, block, easily los, and best of all....chain cc out the kitten. not to mention Rampage completely counters Lich Form and has a shorter cooldown.

So now that I have spelled it out for the players lacking in the skill department, what are your complaints? Lich Form has a 150 sec cooldown, only lasts 10 sec, makes the Necro a giant target in case the target wasn't already called on him, and I have provided you proof that every class in the game can EASILY counter Lich Form renderring it completely ineffective without making a single change to your build. So come on, let's hear it. This is a safe space, tell me where the Necro hurt you.

@Shaogin.2679 said:The forums always crack me up. People here will literally complain about anything that kills them. If you are dying to Lich Form then it is entirely your fault. Let me help you right quick by listing things you can do on each class if you are running the typical meta builds:

• Guardian - man I hope none of you complaining are Guardians cause kitten, blocks out the kitten, projectile destruction, projectile reflects, chain cc.
  • Warrior - what are you doing in pvp? lol. but for real, block, easily los, and best of all....chain cc out the kitten. not to mention Rampage completely counters Lich Form and has a shorter cooldown.

Well, you know how it is, people would rather complain than changing the way they play. What's even funny is that 6k is nothing compared to the damages that were dished out a few month ago. It's, objectively, just people being sour that their own damage seem low compared to what they see incoming from the lich form.

Personally I'd gladly see all transformation elite skills being removed from the game (not because they do to much damage or are to strong but because they are just to situational and gimmicky)

@"Caine.8204" said:imagine dying to lich. 1 projectile block makes that 180s cooldown into a useless button.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Nothing_Can_Save_You!%22

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Caine.8204" said:imagine dying to lich. 1 projectile block makes that 180s cooldown into a useless button.

This isn't the gotcha you think it is.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

I think it is funny that you are trying to reach so hard that you are linking a skill that hardly anyone uses due to the sacrifices that must be made to slot it.

It would be fine if they had no stab and no quickness during lich formUsing one block and double dodge or kiting for more than 5 secs is too much to pay to counter one single skill spamming 1

It has too much impact and should be nerfed like rampage or all elites need a buff

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@Caine.8204 said:imagine dying to lich. 1 projectile block makes that 180s cooldown into a useless button.

Not everyone has projectile reflects and having to take projectile blocks as a mandatory in case necro does Lich because you die in two hits should tell you that there's a few problems on both sides of this argument. Nuance might be something to consider.

there is so much projectile hate, evades, and invuln in the game that its a moot point. someone on your team will have projectile block. often, multiple people will have it baked into their class.

if you're dying to lich, its because someone isnt using their skills properly. and if you're here complaining, it's probably you.

@Hollow.5382 said:Ultimate or not, Lich Form is too impactful. Lich Form comes out and you die. What other ultimate has that kind of power?

Ranger elite? they deal 24k with a rapid fire.

yeah i noticed that too recently...i dunno much about necro...but when they turn into lich mode and they use that skill i die...i always die...whatever i do to defend myself....seems i cant counter it at all

projectile block. reflect. invuln. dodge. block. blind. corruption.

If an entire elite can be counted by a projectile block, its balanced. It's like when people face two necros on the enemy team, and they don't slot any condition cleanse, and then go WTF CONDITIONS ARE SO STRONG THIS IS STUPID.

bring condi cleanse. bring projectile hate. many classes have it simply baked in, there really is no excuse not to have some sort of projectile block with how easily available it is.

are you saying that someone using lich should waste a utility slot on this skill? then they should be pretty easy to lock down, because they will either be missing a spectral skill, or their flesh wurm. either way, it makes them a way easier target. either they have much less life force, or can't teleport. It's a nice, situational skill, but if you're taking it just to make your 150s cooldown stronger... well... gold division exists for these kinds of shenanigans

@"Bazsi.2734" said:Thats funny, a necro just today cried and called me a noob runner for using a pillar for 10 seconds. He didn't even managed to hit me once while transformed. What an overpowered skill.

i'd love to see you try and "pillar kite" in an actual match. this is a tactic for noobs in the FFA arena, and doesn't at all represent the actual game mode, where if you're near a node (like mid) you'll be far away from LoS. There is no LoS in any map similar to the pillars in the FFA arena. it's a complete gimmick.

not to say that lich is strong. there are still so many ways to counter it without pillar kiting, but pillar kiting is only a thing in the FFA arena, and if you're relying on the pillar its very likely you'd be killed very swiftly and easily in an actual match. you should probably learn how to counter it without hiding behind the pillar.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:Yeah it makes very little sense for the damage mod on lich 1 to be so high. The form is technically fine from a mechanical standpoint, but that (2.34) power mod is resulting in this ability boosting a lot of bad players.

Arenanet probably didnt bother since they will have to change the other abilities on lich to actually do something, the transoformation is just terrible and it is only used because of the dumb 1 1 1 burst, the rest of the kit is trash.