Rewards

mindcircus.1506

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Changing shards to marks really wouldn’t be a great long term change.

Effectively, you are going to out craft their usefulness.

Unless you were allowed to sellMarks. Which, likely won’t happen.

I agree with the poster who kites more mystic coins would be bad.

Gold tweaks would be a welcome change. The drawback to it being in the skirmish chests is you will see significant complaints that it ‘only benefits the veterans’. And anything that encourages low engagement play is A negative

Finding that balance where, rewards for active play, that don’t encourage a
significant
rise in either kill trading or karma training, versus rewarding just being present in the mode.

That would be the sweet spot.

How about trading emblems for Mystic coins?

I don’t know. And I mean that completely on face value.

Both, in theory, could be utilized to ‘farm’ them, but somewhere there has to be a happy medium. Maybe that is it.

I guess I just don’t know where that point is. I would love that as an option to increase rewards, but also hope it wouldn’t be too easy to exploit.

Well emblems can't be afk farmed and as far as kill trading/k training, I don't think they would cause more of it. It's essentially 1.5g per 100 kills and objective caps.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Changing shards to marks really wouldn’t be a great long term change.

Gold tweaks would be a welcome change. The drawback to it being in the skirmish chests is you will see significant complaints that it ‘only benefits the veterans’. And anything that encourages low engagement play is A negative

significant
rise in either kill trading or karma training, versus rewarding just being present in the mode.

Both, in theory, could be utilized to ‘farm’ them, but somewhere there has to be a happy medium. Maybe that is it.

I guess I just don’t know where that point is. I would love that as an option to increase rewards, but also hope it wouldn’t be too easy to exploit.

Well emblems can't be afk farmed and as far as kill trading/k training, I don't think they would cause more of it. It's essentially 1.5g per 100 kills and objective caps.

That’s a good point. Would take several people coordinating it like some did with OS and kills.

Would be hard to pull off. Not a bad idea. ?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

significant

That’s a good point. Would take several people coordinating it like some did with OS and kills.

Would be hard to pull off. Not a bad idea. ?

Well WvW needs more MCs and more liquid wealth. This would just be a small boost overall in reality.

So back in the day before we had ranks and reward tracks and mounts and all the fluff stuff like Dragon Banners and Tactivators etc I was one of the few players in our guild who played majority WvW (6-8 hrs per day when most active).

Another guildie never went into WvW - farming Orr and dungeon runs were his thing, he played far less than I did.

Fast forward a year or so and the guild decided to move to another game as we were built around trinity style play but I stayed in Gw2 because I loved WvW so much. He had a legendary (Sunrise I think) and I had 20G in my account.

Granted I've taken breaks (numbering in years at times) and now have 9 characters, 1077G (mostly from PVE), a fair amount of ascended gear (again, mostly from PVE or self crafted) and still no legendary's - so yes, some things have improved but wealth from a gold per hour in WvW is still utterly crap.

justsaying #once-a-wvw-hobo #always-a-www-hobo

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

@subversiontwo.7501 said:That drives players from the mode.You have zero data to back this up.It doesn't need data, it's stating something obvious.

Either side can state that they’re “just stating the obvious”.

There are a multitude of reasons that can drive players from playing any particular game mode. While you’re technically correct that the lack of rewards could drive players away, the lack of data doesn’t indicate its impact. It could be a large percentage of players or a small amount. There’s no way of knowing without data presented to back up the argument.

I mean, I could make an argument that WvW players don’t really play WvW for the rewards and that the disparity of those rewards compared to other game modes really isn’t a large enough factor to drive them from that game mode. I could follow up with “it’s pretty obvious”.

Who would be right and who would be wrong? We’re both making subjective claims. In order to present an argument without backing it up, under the guise of common knowledge, it would have to be established that it is reasonably common knowledge.

Maybe you should read what I wrote one more time.

Maybe you should read what I wrote one more time?

There are probably an infinite number of reasons that someone may leave a game mode. You can't just pick one without data and state that it has to be the reason because "it's just obvious". What if the reason that players are leaving the game mode is because of balance issues or it's gotten stale? You're so hyper focused on rewards when increasing the rewards would most likely not resolve either of those issues. Without data, you don't know the percentage of players that fall under any of those reasons or others not mentioned.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@subversiontwo.7501 said:That drives players from the mode.You have zero data to back this up.It doesn't need data, it's stating something obvious.

There are a multitude of reasons that can drive players from playing any particular game mode. While you’re technically correct that the lack of rewards could drive players away, the lack of data doesn’t indicate its impact. It could be a large percentage of players or a small amount. There’s no way of knowing without data presented to back up the argument.

I mean, I could make an argument that WvW players don’t really play WvW for the rewards and that the disparity of those rewards compared to other game modes really isn’t a large enough factor to drive them from that game mode. I could follow up with “it’s pretty obvious”.

Who would be right and who would be wrong? We’re both making subjective claims. In order to present an argument without backing it up, under the guise of common knowledge, it would have to be established that it is reasonably common knowledge.

There are probably an infinite number of reasons that someone may leave a game mode. You can't just pick one without data and state that it has to be the reason because "it's just obvious". What if the reason that players are leaving the game mode is because of balance issues or it's gotten stale? You're so hyper focused on rewards when increasing the rewards would most likely not resolve either of those issues. Without data, you don't know the percentage of players that fall under any of those reasons or others not mentioned.Yes, and that is completely irrelevant to what you qouted. It's fine if you want to have a discussion, just don't misrepresent something simply because you want to talk. You don't need data to support the claim that the Gift of Battle drives players into the mode. That is its design. You don't need data to support the claim that an item disparity of (30g) vs. (30g + tickets + marks) will drive players towards the obvious choice. That is in the design. There is alot of other things that can be said about it, but at face value the statements stands on their own, and for some reason you can't get past that.

That was the way the original qoute was implied, misinterpreted, re-explained and here you come gleefully walzing in and trying to expand on the misinterpretation because you still don't understand what was said. You are literally talking to yourself, projecting and making up strawmen now because your ego was bruised by my suggestion of taking a second look at what was said :) .

With that, again, said:

If you are looking for data on the larger discussion about itemization and population drive there is plenty of simple data for you immerse yourself with: Did the Warclaw create a population spike, for example? Maybe you can phrase your topic around that.

If you are looking for the even larger discussion about what chiefly drives- or is the most important for the de/re-population game mode then, no, it is not gold income. It's the matchup/scoring outcomes and ability recruit and play with friends, but that is not the topic here, however much I like to talk about Alliances.

When making two Slumbering Confluxes, I found it significantly faster to earn the necessary Memories of Battle by playing PvE (Living World, Silverwastes, Daily Fractals) and using the gold earned to buy the Memories of Battle rather than playing WvW where the Memories are actually earned. The Memories were worth ~15 Silver at the time.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

There are probably an infinite number of reasons that someone may leave a game mode. You can't just pick one without data and state that it has to be the reason because "it's just obvious". What if the reason that players are leaving the game mode is because of balance issues or it's gotten stale? You're so hyper focused on rewards when increasing the rewards would most likely not resolve either of those issues. Without data, you don't know the percentage of players that fall under any of those reasons or others not mentioned.Yes, and that is completely irrelevant to what you qouted. It's fine if you want to have a discussion, just don't misrepresent something simply because you want to talk. You don't need data to support the claim that the Gift of Battle drives players into the mode. That is its design. You don't need data to support the claim that an item disparity of (30g) vs. (30g + tickets + marks) will drive players towards the obvious choice. That is in the design. There is alot of other things that can be said about it, but at face value the statements stands on their own, and for some reason you can't get past that.

That was the way the original qoute was implied, misinterpreted, re-explained and here you come gleefully walzing in and trying to expand on the misinterpretation because you still don't understand what was said. You are literally talking to yourself, projecting and making up strawmen now because your ego was bruised by my suggestion of taking a second look at what was said :) .

With that, again, said:

If you are looking for data on the larger discussion about itemization and population drive there is plenty of simple data for you immerse yourself with: Did the Warclaw create a population spike, for example? Maybe you can phrase your topic around that.

If you are looking for the even larger discussion about what chiefly drives- or is the most important for the de/re-population game mode then, no, it is not gold income. It's the matchup/scoring outcomes and ability recruit and play with friends, but that is not the topic here, however much I like to talk about Alliances.

Except you're using it to justify increasing rewards. There's s difference which goes back to what I have stated in previous posts.

Also keep in mind that all of the examples you're listing are unique rewards that are only available in WvW. That's much different than increasing monetary rewards.

I am not sure WvW rewards need more liquid gold, because PvE (some farming maps and Fractals) are better at that and will always be better. It would like to see WvW getting better at certain rewards that are hard to get from WvW centric players, needed for WvW specific milestones, like Mystic Coins and Fine Material bundles needed for crafting legendary armour. A weekly vendor for buying Mystic Coins, the rare Mist Warped bundles, skirmish tickets and Grandmaster Mark shards for Badges or/and Memories would be nice. You could impose limits on how many per week could be bought, protecting "the economy" and also do not allow veterans to sink in all their tens of thousands of Badges at once.

I think making some way to incrementally earn a Commander Tag that is not liquid gold would also be a good idea. Earning 300g in WvW takes an eternity. Perhaps you could trade in the Emblems of the Avenger/Conqueror for some item like the Capacitive Bottle that you can use when capturing objectives to complete a collection or something.

If they are concerned about the lack of WvW commanders, give people some way of actually getting a tag by gaining experience in WvW. Even make it only usable in WvW, like the mentor tag is only usable in PvE.

• 1 month later...

WvW needs to be more rewarding for actively playing. Right now someone who repairs a wall every 10 minutes gets barely less rewards than someone taking keeps, camps, killing, etc.

Make all events(taking things, defending things, etc) in GW2 reward additional rewards much like LS3 rewards salvagable items. Make enemy players also drop these on kill(not 100%).

@Shiyo.3578 said:WvW needs to be more rewarding for actively playing. Right now someone who repairs a wall every 10 minutes gets barely less rewards than someone taking keeps, camps, killing, etc.

Make all events(taking things, defending things, etc) in GW2 reward additional rewards much like LS3 rewards salvagable items. Make enemy players also drop these on kill(not 100%).

Just make the Emblems tradeable for 1g.

@Shiyo.3578 said:WvW needs to be more rewarding for actively playing. Right now someone who repairs a wall every 10 minutes gets barely less rewards than someone taking keeps, camps, killing, etc.

1g is nothing, I make that in 5 minutes of PvE. That'd only add like 3-4g from a day of WvW for me.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

1g is nothing, I make that in 5 minutes of PvE.

You do understand that in a Zerg vs Zerg that Kills rack up quickly right? That and people are already hording stacks of them waiting for them to do something else with them. Make them tradeable for 1g and I guarantee that some players will all of a sudden have thousands of extra gold on hand.

You do understand that in a Zerg vs Zerg that Kills rack up quickly right? That and people are already hording stacks of them waiting for them to do something else with them. Make them tradeable for 1g and I guarantee that some players will all of a sudden have thousands of extra gold on hand.

No I didn't know that since I don't zerg, but then that discourages roaming even further(gives zero wxp compared to zerging) which I dislike. I think taking stuff should give good gold too.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

No I didn't know that since I don't zerg, but then that discourages roaming even further(gives zero wxp compared to zerging) which I dislike. I think taking stuff should give good gold too.

Roamers who aren't shy about fights can get plenty of kills and objective captures. It depends on the amount of effort you want to put in, which correct me if I am wrong, but I think you were wanting something that rewards actively playing? Anything that rewards active playing will end up rewarding the Zergling more than the Roamer by the very nature of the game mode.

I personally like to see something like Monthly player goals introduced to WvW.

• Capture SMC "x" Times
  • Capture Keep "x" Times
  • Capture Tower "x" Times
  • Capture Camp"x" Times*Capture "x" Keeps or Towers without breaking a gate
  • Capture "x" Keeps or Towers by only breaking a gates
  • Capture "x" shrines
  • Kill "x" players
  • Kill "x" Guards
  • Kill "x" sentry's
  • Kill "x" Dolyaks
  • Gather "x" legendary Spikes
  • Cause "x" amount of damage with siege
  • Break "x" amount of siege
  • Run "x" amount of Yaks
  • Defend "x" objectives
  • Claim all Diamond Chest
  • Harvest "x" amount of nodes

As for rewards we could use the system we have in place now just add to it a bit by each goal you achieve you gain an appropriate amount of reward track potion, WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets, and Mystic Coins. I was thinking like a tiered system like Drizzlewood Coast the more you achieve the better the reward for each achievement. I am not talking about game breaking rewards just a little something for the players while they play normally. The more they actually play the more they will get. I guess you could put some AP in there but I don't think its really needed.

@"Excursion.9752" said:I personally like to see something like Monthly player goals introduced to WvW.

• Capture SMC "x" Times
  • Capture Keep "x" Times
  • Capture "x" shrines
  • Kill "x" players
  • Kill "x" Guards
  • Kill "x" sentry's
  • Kill "x" Dolyaks
  • Run "x" amount of Yaks
  • Defend "x" objectives

As for rewards we could use the system we have in place now just add to it a bit by each goal you achieve you gain an appropriate amount of reward track potion, WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets, and Mystic Coins. I was thinking like a tiered system like Drizzlewood Coast the more you achieve the better the reward for each achievement. I am not talking about game breaking rewards just a little something for the players while they play normally. The more they actually play the more they will get. I guess you could put some AP in there but I don't think its really needed.

So, the old monthlies that got scrapped?

@"Excursion.9752" said:I personally like to see something like Monthly player goals introduced to WvW.
  • Capture SMC "x" Times
  • Capture Keep "x" Times
  • Capture "x" shrines
  • Kill "x" players
  • Kill "x" Guards
  • Kill "x" sentry's
  • Kill "x" Dolyaks
  • Run "x" amount of Yaks
  • Defend "x" objectives

Which I think we know aren’t going to be brought back.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

• Capture SMC "x" Times
  • Capture Keep "x" Times
  • Capture "x" shrines
  • Kill "x" players
  • Kill "x" Guards
  • Kill "x" sentry's
  • Kill "x" Dolyaks
  • Run "x" amount of Yaks
  • Defend "x" objectives

That was the implication of my statement.

• Capture SMC "x" Times
  • Capture Keep "x" Times
  • Capture "x" shrines
  • Kill "x" players
  • Kill "x" Guards
  • Kill "x" sentry's
  • Kill "x" Dolyaks
  • Run "x" amount of Yaks
  • Defend "x" objectives

Yeah... I figured that was your point.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

• Capture SMC "x" Times
  • Capture Keep "x" Times
  • Capture "x" shrines
  • Kill "x" players
  • Kill "x" Guards
  • Kill "x" sentry's
  • Kill "x" Dolyaks
  • Run "x" amount of Yaks
  • Defend "x" objectives

The old
had very little to do with WvW... What I proposed is a system that had very little to do with AP and more to do with a natural flow of earning awards for natural play of the game mode.

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:I personally like to see something like Monthly player goals introduced to WvW.
  • Capture SMC "x" Times
  • Capture Keep "x" Times
  • Capture "x" shrines
  • Kill "x" players
  • Kill "x" Guards
  • Kill "x" sentry's
  • Kill "x" Dolyaks
  • Run "x" amount of Yaks
  • Defend "x" objectives

The old
had very little to do with WvW... What I proposed is a system that had very little to do with AP and more to do with a natural flow of earning awards for natural play of the game mode.

But they scrapped the system that included ‘monthlies’ many of what you chose showed up as ‘monthlies‘

I mean I get what you want, but effectively they abandoned that option.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:I personally like to see something like Monthly player goals introduced to WvW.
  • Capture SMC "x" Times
  • Capture Keep "x" Times
  • Capture "x" shrines
  • Kill "x" players
  • Kill "x" Guards
  • Kill "x" sentry's
  • Kill "x" Dolyaks
  • Run "x" amount of Yaks
  • Defend "x" objectives

The old

But they scrapped the system that included ‘monthlies’ many of what you chose showed up as ‘monthlies‘

I mean I get what you want, but effectively they abandoned that option.

I only saw one WvW monthly on the list that I linked. Monthly WvW Player Kills (current) - Kill 50 players in WvW. I guess you could count two if you include the other on that is basically the same thing just worded differently.

So lets take out the word "Monthly" since that is the big hang up. You could have a reoccurring achievement like Drizzlewood Coast Glory to the Legions that just starts over have you made it to the final reward for each of the original items I listed above.