Drizzlewood Claw of Jormag (may contain map event spoilers)

Randulf.7614

An interesting blog post put up for anyone wanting to read it. Certainly sounds like a pretty unique and engaging fight. I hope it translates well in terms of gameplay

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/knocking-on-jormags-door/ (be warned it pretty much lays out the fight for those not wishing to be spoiled)

It feels a little soon to be taking on the Citadel imo and the entire Frost Legion, but the blog does make it sound like a lot of interesting things will be going on to get stuck into.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:If you don't like spoilers, do not read this article... Can't understand why they already tell tactics instead of letting us all figure it out either but that's just me I guess....

A fair comment. I used to be the same, but after they blew it with Drakkar, I stopped caring. I found the article intersting nonetheless.

Edited title in case people want to steer clear of spoilers for the fight which may come in the thread from the blog

@Aaralyna.3104 said:If you don't like spoilers, do not read this article... Can't understand why they already tell tactics instead of letting us all figure it out either but that's just me I guess....

You already solved your own issue. If you don't like spoilers then don't read the article which they do let you know in the beginning. My guess is they want people to be prepared for this type of fight IF that's the preparation style their into when it comes to challenges. Some players want to know XYZ before starting a fight and some, like you, want to figure it out on the fly for the first time.

So, they want there to be a WvW feel to it. Does that mean that the one mount we have that is MADE for WvW encounters will finally be moved more into the PvE world? Maybe a way to earn and master the Warclaw in the new area? I mean... it feels like a natural move to me.

After the hype around the first part of this meta left me a little disapointed I will reserve judgement until the meta is "complete".But on the surface?It feels like the same kind of overblown talk that was so prevalent during Mike-Z's tenure as game director that led so many of this community to turn on Anet due to the empty promises.They really need to be careful with this stuff.

I like the idea of the fight, but from what I've seen the zergs just stay right on the foot and then they don't even have to worry about the ice blast/rock mechanics. Anet seems to have this problem a lot where they design the encounter around some neat mechanics, but the players find a rather obvious spot to huddle and avoid them, and then the players all complain that the fight is boring.

@Palador.2170 said:So, they want there to be a WvW feel to it.

They achieved this feeling now:A massive blob of clueless players zergs down the enemy without the need for player skill level and without the need to care about fight mechanics. Its just like WvW with the population inbalance and a big zerg karma train rolls over a few players from the other servers.

scnr ;)

@tinyasian.8941 said:

@Galmac.4680 said:Uhm, I really don't feel hyped. I completely dislike this current Icebrood Saga. And this sentence, you have to do the old metato start the new meta... Well, uhm,..

I haven’t played yet but what about the champions after the first meta? Or does it straight away continue to the 2nd meta?

The champ phase still occurs before the second meta starts. I believe there are less chests though