Druid - Proposed Competitive Changes - Defining What Is Wrong With Druid

@mistsim.2748 said:

@"iKagura.1903" said:

@ollbirtan.2915 said:.As for druid, currently it has lots of self sustain and disengage, and don't even get me started on that kitten perma immob trapper build which sees plays not only in wvw but in spvp too.

It's a low tier build in spvp. It does very little damage, and it's mostly just known for being "annoying". It can't bunker, it can't side-note, it has less than mediocre teamfight. It's completely ineffectual against the better players in Plat+, but I can see how Gold players and below can be impressed by it.

Oops didn't see Trevor wrote the same.

Where do you see me being 'impressed' by the said build? I'm merely pointing out some of the fallacies and biases that from OP's original post.

Yeah

I guess the top 100 on both NA and EU and all the MAT teams must be biased.

Because for some reason, despite how impressively strong the Druid is, none of them are using it.

Ah yes, ive seen this with soulbeast as well... godlike dps, godlike defenses, insanely busted and can move to each side of the map blazingly fast, godlike roamer / +1'er.

but everyone runs nade holo / crev. top tier players and meta users must be stupid!!

MASSIVE SHRUG

But there are top players running Soulbeast and Core.

since the mota and the realization that crev is better in all aspects over core bunker / sb bunker most have moved off to crev - it is just better in all ways compared to it ... shadowfall might be the only ranger player left that is actually top level, this is in pvp though, can't say for wvw.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Everything has Stealth and Hard/Soft CC lockdown nowadays.

You do realize current Holosmith is pretty much a Soulbeast DPS combined with a Druid sustain, right? That isn't even an embellishment. I dunno how anyone can come in here and make a statement about Druid like this, while there are builds in play right now that greatly outplay the Druid in every catagory, DPS, Sustain, Disengage, Support, CC, everything.

Yes, that's an issue that the feb mega patch was trying to address. Let's not regress back to pre-feb just because holosmith ignored the patch entirely.

Why focus on CA when everything else need changes first?

The absolute first priority are the weapons and utilities.

It doesnt matter how good the class mechanic is when skill 1 to 0 are not even worth pressing.

Just let glyphs extend CA duration like Rage skills do for berserker.

Rage skill are on the same level as druid glyphs. Low impact.

But that way, they would become "usefull" and fix the short uptime of CA.

I mean.. what else are you gonna play in a support role? SaR? Pfffff

And dont get me started on how druid needs traits to get where other classes start.

Having to take a trait so Warhorn gives regen?Add the fact that warhorn is nothing more then a blast finisher...

Speaking of, staff boils down to exactly the same."It has a blast finisher"

If all that is fixed, then buff CA.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah so it really hit me hard today when I stopped to really take a look at the effective party support and damage output that Scourge is providing vs. Druid's support and damage provided. The Scourge has not only super barriers, but also tons of cleanse and might buffing. It also spits out a ton of boon to condi conversion.

What happened there?

Druid has different advantage.. it lacks of stability but heal and condi remove it can be better than fb also it has more cc than fb.I have been playing support druid healer in wvw.. pretty cool.. anet need to buff glyph a bit more and to provide druid with retaliation / stab.. I also been enjoying druid in PvP ..

@Talindra.4958 said:Druid has different advantage.. it lacks of stability but heal and condi remove it can be better than fb also it has more cc than fb.I have been playing support druid healer in wvw.. pretty cool.. anet need to buff glyph a bit more and to provide druid with retaliation / stab.. I also been enjoying druid in PvP ..

so basically mender's scourge literally counters it more than it already counters FB then? it's a non-offender against good players in a team composition and is an easy focus in team fight setting pretty much an insta down for a cleave , tempest is better in all ways than both fb and druid... it being a side noder is another story though. it can be strong.