Did Anet just ban a bunch of hackers?

Majy.6792

nope, just played yesterday against TP hack ele, who even kicked me out of the game for trash talking him. Not an error, not dc, just simply my gw2 was shutdown. Not a first time this happening. Ive met same ele month ago. Seems nothing have been done to him in more than a month.

@"Majy.6792" said:Noticed a few very obvious hackers who were on the leaderboards nowhere in sight anymore. Wondering if Anet is silently doing justice, like Batman.

Does that look like Batman? If it does, you should probably replace it asap. :)[yesterday] Red Team as thief, following as necromancer, see: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/693986409?t=02h47m35s

Enclosed, two of my posts were "already" deleted from the forum. Funny (not really) how Anet removes any negative publication or discussion immediately. If only they were as thorough otherwise, the game would be paradise (exaggeratedly said) - wouldn't it? :)

Actually players who were “hacking” completely disappeared from what I saw for a good bit. Possibly they got banned, generally first offenses for bans are lighter so a short ban and a return is possible. Tbh the “hacker hype” is not nearly as bad anymore from what I take with the small number of complaints.

I just saw a hacker in unranked a few hours ago. It made me sad because it was right after the supposed cleanse. PoF account even, risking it even thogh it cost money. He kept porting between capture points, but wasn't using it in fights. Too bad when you're on my team, I can see what you're doing on the minimap...What would it take to write a code that detects a player moving X distance without using mobility skills?It's really becoming a sad joke that the same thing we reportspammed in 2014 is still making the rounds in 2020.

@Bazsi.2734 said:What would it take to write a code that detects a player moving X distance without using mobility skills?It's really becoming a sad joke that the same thing we reportspammed in 2014 is still making the rounds in 2020.

1. Yes, I never understood why something like that isn't used, or if it is, then used better. Surely there can be a check, particularly on Z axis movement.
  2. Well, anything one person can code, another can code a work around for and 5 years is a long time to do it. But, see point 1. How could you get around that?

ANET Allowing someone to hack for a 2 months or more is unacceptable.

This player isn’t even trying to hide it, attacking as a thief the moment you come out of spawn 2 seconds into the match starting.

Why hasn’t ANeT done anything to stop it? Why is this player allowed to keep his top 100 title that he clearly does not deserve.

Note. Sometimes there are even bots in PvP that should be banned that have 1,000 games or more in a 2 month period. Clearly this is gold farming with the assistance of a botting program. This does effect ANET’s bottom line on lost gem sale revenue.

This game mode deserves to have more frequent ban waves that occur more than once every 6 months. I don’t know if we are even getting that.

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:ANET Allowing someone to hack for a 2 months or more is unacceptable.

This player isn’t even trying to hide it, attacking as a thief the moment you come out of spawn 2 seconds into the match starting.

Why hasn’t ANeT done anything to stop it? Why is this player allowed to keep his top 100 title that he clearly does not deserve.

Note. Sometimes there are even bots in PvP that should be banned that have 1,000 games or more in a 2 month period. Clearly this is gold farming with the assistance of a botting program. This does effect ANET’s bottom line on lost gem sale revenue.

This game mode deserves to have more frequent ban waves that occur more than once every 6 months. I don’t know if we are even getting that.People whined allot about Chris Cleary, since he made some mistakes, but after he left the hackers have become really blatant.