Looking Ahead to Summer Days and Nights

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

@Okami Amaterasu.9237 said:No doubt the Skimmer is going to be able to go underwater! Whoo-hooo! I'm going to dive right into Straits of Devastation, Bloodtide Coast, Kessix Hills, Frostgorge Sound, Mount Maelstrom, and Sandswept Isles for this ability - can't wait!

I wonder how that will interact with how sharks randomly come at the player mounted on skimmers in Sandswept Isles.

I thought it was the dolphins that knocked you off.

@Noodica.5428 said:Still no WvW alliance PepeHands

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Wow! That's quality content some great work on WvW alliances and game balancing!...

@Custodio.6134 said:So basically, you gonna neglect the WvW-focused community. Again.

@Melian.5368 said:So no balance changes on Q3, no mention of World Restructuring™, no content for WvW like weekly events and such...

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:Love the sound of the new WvW stuff. Thanks.

@Svarty.8019 said:Literally nothing for WvW this time. I'm looking forward to it.

Unfortunately none of us are surprised.

I am even amazed WvW is included in the patch notes.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Okami Amaterasu.9237 said:No doubt the Skimmer is going to be able to go underwater! Whoo-hooo! I'm going to dive right into Straits of Devastation, Bloodtide Coast, Kessix Hills, Frostgorge Sound, Mount Maelstrom, and Sandswept Isles for this ability - can't wait!

I wonder how that will interact with how sharks randomly come at the player mounted on skimmers in Sandswept Isles.

I thought it was the dolphins that knocked you off.

Sharks knock you off and dolphins swim along with you at times.

Hope there won't be too many new episodes without voice acting, I understand the situation with the Voice actors but I'd rather have Anet focus on fixing up the older game content or working on LW1 instead while they've got the best opportunity to do so.

I know not everyone agrees with that but I do wonder when the Voice acting does come in down the road if their experience with these latest episodes will have been spoiled by them playing without it.. I know that's how I would feel, hence why im choosing not to play them until the VA updates.Still, sucky situation that hopefully won't last much longer.Here's hoping anyway.

Really hope that new mount ability is underwater skimmer though, a lot of people talking about it and man have I been a vocal supporter of an underwater mount for a long time.Long wait till September though >.<

@"Teratus.2859" said:Hope there won't be too many new episodes without voice acting, I understand the situation with the Voice actors but I'd rather have Anet focus on fixing up the older game content or working on LW1 instead while they've got the best opportunity to do so.

I liked doing the voices with my friend. Bin those lousy actors, they can become build build builders. Anybody who "plays" for a living should be WORKING HARD instead! Life isn't about having fun. Get suffering!

• 2 weeks later...

Until I noticed the Skimmer picture I was thinking they'd add something to the bunny, since it's pretty useless once you have the Skyscale.I've noticed that, once by one, Anet has been trying to add in a lot of often-requested wishes for items this year, at least sort of. (motorcycle beetle, Pegasus griffon, SAB mount, etc.) So I am really hoping with the rest of you for a submersible skimmer....though it might look odd with the hummingbird variant! But if it's not that, let's at least hope it's an interesting and useful new skill.

1) New Season: I'd be far more hyped if the last few releases hadn't been so grind heavy on the achievement side. Sure, having a carrot on the end of "play that one strike mission 50(!!!) times" generates hours played but I'd rather have it as "play these 5 strike missions ten times each". The trend of generating hours played by overly grindy achievements and meta-achievemtns is tiring, very tiring. However, the story was good so far and the maps were pretty.2) Festival of the Four Winds: Festivals don't hype me anymore. It's always the same plus maybe one skin and, as has been said in 1) a lot of grind recently.3) Anniversary: Who would have guessed that things get a year older when a year has passed. I don't get why this is even on the """""roadmap""""".4) New mount Ability: Will see about this one when it's released. If it's tied to hundreds of gold or thousands of currency I'll be very dissapointed.5) New Fractal: I personally left the fractal scene two years ago, I hope this release will make some of the fractal people happy.

Not on the list: Legendary Armory, Alliances, Solutions to bots and hackers, Solutions for increasing lags

@aspirine.6852 said:

@jishi.7568 said:... make Jormag destroy some servers, lol.
Cough
meant make Jormag lay waste to multiple players
evil laugh
revenge for my beloved Scarlet.

Have you been to PoF maps lately? I think Kralk already waste some ;)

Yes, I saw footage of his epicness(your talking about the one that has different color scheme right? Compared to original), I have yet to visit that territory... Why isn't he on the world boss item, lol

So, looking ahead summer nights and days... what we already have is

• a meta achievement that will take the whole summer, because you have to do this loooooooooooong meta event so often that you will hate this map after your achievements
  • the necro was that nerfed that it is almost dead, not fun and unplayable in contest modes (like WvW)
  • there will be a new mount ability (beside the new one we just got!??)
  • People who don't like charr as playable race see too much charr right now (I know, some kind of furr discrimination)