An update regarding voice acting in Guild Wars 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@KiteCrossx.3790 said:With respect, I do not buy the explanation- audio recordings can easily be done remotely. People have made entire films remotely, audio should be a walk in the park by comparison.

I think it was just a very soft excuse to buy themselves some time because none of us expected it to go longer than a few months and here we are 6 months later so I doubt they put a lot of effort in having them record from home because none of us expected to be this long of a delay.

I love how people preface an insult with something regarding respect. I feel if one is going to call someone else a liar, they should do it boldly. In other news, I love how these experts pop up and make assertions based on something different. Films have bigger budgets, as do major voice acting firms...

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"shejesa.3712" said:I hope that the next fractal won't be in 12 months because it's more important for you to get vo than content.

It's scheduled for this quarter (September in fact) after the next episode and the Festival of the Four Winds

the one after this one. I thought it was obvious.

@"coso.9173" said:I thought this episode was supposed to have voiceover for cinematics? I just did the first part of it, in the beach, and I didn't hear any in the cinematics it had.

No, the Devs announced some time ago that this episode would not have voice-acting. It's in the top Sticky, and here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-to-summer-days-and-nights/

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"coso.9173" said:I thought this episode was supposed to have voiceover for cinematics? I just did the first part of it, in the beach, and I didn't hear any in the cinematics it had.

No, the Devs announced some time ago that this episode would not have voice-acting. It's in the top Sticky, and here:

ah, I see.Since they had said "We’re recording the most immediate upcoming content first—the new fractal—so you can experience it with voice acting right away. We’ll also record voiceover for the “No Quarter” and “Jormag Rising” cinematics." I assumed the episode in general wasn't going to have voiceover, but the cinematics in it would.

It is not up to me to build immersion. I either need to hear voices for character developer, or I need to clearly see who's talking in an easy to read manner.

Instead they made this as annoying as possible.1.) Text bubbles bug out.2.) Chat is used for other things. I have an active guild and a lot of friends I chat with.3.) The chat suggestion also brings up another topic....the need for a more customizable UI like Rift.4.) Can't be skipped. Sometimes I don't even know why we are waiting... I just TAB out until it's done.5.) Who thought that the annoying overused grunts would help... Talk about immersion killer. Without other audio, it sounds like I am playing a Zombie game.

I can tell you that everyone I game with is ignoring the story and I know a few that will never replay it. Might as well remove the story division at this point. This lazy way of presenting the story is not cutting it.

@"Josiah.2967" said:I just wanted to let you know that my group of gamer all skipped the store. The text bubbles are atrocious and should never be used to communicate a story.

Let us know when we can hear it? You should change the story so the text is like the beginning of the game. Then we would read it and not be so annoyed.

![](https://i.imgur.com/Ul0il9Ll.png "")

I have no trouble following the NPC chat in the chat window but I do miss this kind of presentation for the dialogue between characters. It felt unique to the game and for me more immersive.

@Atomos.7593 said:

@"Josiah.2967" said:I just wanted to let you know that my group of gamer all skipped the store. The text bubbles are atrocious and should never be used to communicate a story.

Let us know when we can hear it? You should change the story so the text is like the beginning of the game. Then we would read it and not be so annoyed.
![](
"")

I have no trouble following the NPC chat in the chat window but I do miss this kind of presentation for the dialogue between characters. It felt unique to the game and for me more immersive.

I agree, loved that.

Bit late seeing this but it is good to know.

I'm guessing it'll probably be sometime around late October early November when the last two episodes will be fully voiced then?

Any info on when we can expect these voice patches would be greatly appreciated at the earliest convinience.As someone who's avoided the patches until they are fully voiced I really can't wait to finally play them ^^