Maguuma Lily

I think the very very very drop rate of Maguuma Lily is a bug.I have the guild gather boost, but I can't afford unbreakable tools. it's been 3 weeks I'm farming Bloodstone fen daily and I haven't had a single one :/Can you please increase the drop rate a bit ? Thank you very much <3

The drop rate of Maguuma Lillies and Freshwater Pearls isn't a bug, they're some of the most powerful stats in the game. You also only need them for weapons; armor is farmed from Verdant Brink (stat-select boxes), and trinkets from many of the LS3 maps.

You can also get stat-select weapons from various places and avoid lillies entirely.

@Hannelore.8153 said:The drop rate of Maguuma Lillies and Freshwater Pearls isn't a bug, they're some of the most powerful stats in the game. You also only need them for weapons; armor is farmed from Verdant Brink (stat-select boxes), and trinkets from many of the LS3 maps.

You can also get stat-select weapons from various places and avoid lillies entirely.

What about crafted Ascended Gear and stat transmutation? The drop rates for Lilies are pitiful.

@Typhee.3840 said:I think the very very very drop rate of Maguuma Lily is a bug.I have the guild gather boost, but I can't afford unbreakable tools. it's been 3 weeks I'm farming Bloodstone fen daily and I haven't had a single one :/Can you please increase the drop rate a bit ? Thank you very much <3If you are seriously farming these things, confining yourself just to Bloodstone Fen is not nearly enough. There are not enough nodes. Bloodstone Fen, Verdant Brink, the two static nodes in Tarir and most importantly Draconis Mons are needed before you start seeing even a few of these. a week.Also it was a good idea to buy these during Dragon Bash as the price dropped a little due to them being a rare drop from the coffers.@Friday.7864 said:Instead of wasting weeks farming the actual lilies, farm something else or do some metas.You'll have enough gold to buy them in no time.This is the correct response.You are far better off farming gold and buying them or leveraging Stat Selectable resources like gear boxes in competitive, Ascended boxes from Strike Missions, the Caladbolg ect.

-signed someone who farmed up an entire Ascended Armor set's worth a couple years ago

No I mean it's low. like 1.5 percent I would say. I've gotten 30 or so in a week if I actively farm 1h a day. You just need a plan plus invest in glyph of bounty(or the karma version since u don't have unbreakable). I have 14 on tp now so go buy them ty.

@Jilora.9524 said:No I mean it's low. like 1.5 percent I would say.It's probably even lower than this.Anet has never once added a new faucet for these since they were introduced with HoT other than Dragon Bash. They have had lots of chances. Once upon a time a Black Diamond was a real score because like Freshwater Perls and lilies they were part of highly desirable stat sets introduced with HoT.Anet added a faucet for Black Diamonds in PoF and now Viper's is cheap.The fact that they never did this for Minstrel's and Trailbalzers should tell you everything.

There is no bug here. This is the intended design.

You just need a plan plus invest in glyph of bounty(or the karma version since u don't have unbreakable). I have 14 on tp now so go buy them ty.Or they could just use the ones from the Karma vendor and not pay you 200g

I don't have any data for lilies but if they are the same as freshwater pearls then the rate is around 1%-2% but even for those more data points are needed.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"Jilora.9524" said:No I mean it's low. like 1.5 percent I would say.It's probably even lower than this.Anet has never once added a new faucet for these since they were introduced with HoT other than Dragon Bash. They have had lots of chances. Once upon a time a Black Diamond was a real score because like Freshwater Perls and lilies they were part of highly desirable stat sets introduced with HoT.Anet added a faucet for Black Diamonds in PoF and now Viper's is cheap.

Black Diamond prices dropped more than a year(April 2016 vs September 2017) before PoF came out which was probably before PoF was even announced. What you are remembering might be the spike in price caused by PoF and then later went back down again after demand went back to normalhttps://www.gw2tp.com/item/76491-black-diamond?full=1

What actually increased their supply was this patch https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2016-04-19Unfortunately one of the things that made Black Diamonds cheap is also the reason why Freshwater Pearls and Maguuma Lilies are still expensive. For some reason(maybe they wanted to keep pearls and lilies exclusive to gathering?) they added Black Diamonds to Airship Cargo, Exalted Chest and Crystallized Cache loot instead of pairing them up with the recipe sheets. The more logical loot table would be adding Freshwater Pearls to Airship Cargos, Black Diamonds to Exalted Chests and Maguuma Lilies to Crystallized Caches.

There was also ABML which results in a lot of Exalted Chests being opened, each with a chance to drop a Black Diamond

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:No I mean it's low. like 1.5 percent I would say.It's probably even lower than this.Anet has never once added a new faucet for these since they were introduced with HoT other than Dragon Bash. They have had lots of chances. Once upon a time a Black Diamond was a real score because like Freshwater Perls and lilies they were part of highly desirable stat sets introduced with HoT.Anet added a faucet for Black Diamonds in PoF and now Viper's is cheap.The fact that they never did this for Minstrel's and Trailbalzers should tell you everything.

There is no bug here. This is the intended design.

You just need a plan plus invest in glyph of bounty(or the karma version since u don't have unbreakable). I have 14 on tp now so go buy them ty.Or they could just use the ones from the Karma vendor and not pay you 200g

Yeah I can only guess off my exp w/o keeping stats. Black Diamonds were the best. 4g ea and that's when you could beat AB and loot with all your alts too from one victory. I did AB all day. The karma tools might be better now if they don't count extra pulls. Before the change where you got it all in one go anytime you procced you got an extra gather but it took a tick off the 50. Idk if they do now or you just get all in 1 swing for 1 use. Glyph is the best investment if you gather mussels or jungle plants often as it repays quickly

@Khisanth.2948 said:I don't have any data for lilies but if they are the same as freshwater pearls then the rate is around 1%-2% but even for those more data points are needed.

@"Jilora.9524" said:No I mean it's low. like 1.5 percent I would say.It's probably even lower than this.Anet has never once added a new faucet for these since they were introduced with HoT other than Dragon Bash. They have had lots of chances. Once upon a time a Black Diamond was a real score because like Freshwater Perls and lilies they were part of highly desirable stat sets introduced with HoT.Anet added a faucet for Black Diamonds in PoF and now Viper's is cheap.

Black Diamond prices dropped more than a year(April 2016 vs September 2017) before PoF came out which was probably before PoF was even announced. What you are remembering might be the spike in price
caused
by PoF and then later went back down again after demand went back to normal

What actually increased their supply was this patch
Unfortunately one of the things that made Black Diamonds cheap is also the reason why Freshwater Pearls and Maguuma Lilies are still expensive. For some reason(maybe they wanted to keep pearls and lilies exclusive to gathering?) they added Black Diamonds to Airship Cargo, Exalted Chest and Crystallized Cache loot instead of pairing them up with the recipe sheets. The more logical loot table would be adding Freshwater Pearls to Airship Cargos, Black Diamonds to Exalted Chests and Maguuma Lilies to Crystallized Caches.

There was also ABML which results in a lot of Exalted Chests being opened, each with a chance to drop a Black Diamond

I have some Pearl data on my personal wiki page: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Thehipone They're about 1%.I need to update it and get to lily farming for a bit, but I expect Lilies to also be 1%.A fun note - flax blossoms just as rare as pearls and lilies in terms of drop chance when gathering flax. Except Vigilant stats are no good and there are flax farms, so the blossoms sit at amalgamated forging value.

@Typhee.3840 said:I've had my two first Lilies yesterday, in Bloodstone Fen. Woot!!!Until then I really thought it was a myth xDDD

Bloodstone Fen and Draconis mons are great maps for lilies unfortunately they are still a bit too spread out.

@thehipone.6812 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:I don't have any data for lilies but if they are the same as freshwater pearls then the rate is around 1%-2% but even for those more data points are needed.

Black Diamond prices dropped more than a year(April 2016 vs September 2017) before PoF came out which was probably before PoF was even announced. What you are remembering might be the spike in price
caused
by PoF and then later went back down again after demand went back to normal

What actually increased their supply was this patch
Unfortunately one of the things that made Black Diamonds cheap is also the reason why Freshwater Pearls and Maguuma Lilies are still expensive. For some reason(maybe they wanted to keep pearls and lilies exclusive to gathering?) they added Black Diamonds to Airship Cargo, Exalted Chest and Crystallized Cache loot instead of pairing them up with the recipe sheets. The more logical loot table would be adding Freshwater Pearls to Airship Cargos, Black Diamonds to Exalted Chests and Maguuma Lilies to Crystallized Caches.

I have some Pearl data on my personal wiki page:
They're about 1%.I need to update it and get to lily farming for a bit, but I expect Lilies to also be 1%.A fun note - flax blossoms just as rare as pearls and lilies in terms of drop chance when gathering flax. Except Vigilant stats are no good and there are flax farms, so the blossoms sit at amalgamated forging value.

Off topic but any idea what the guild gathering boost actually do?

@"Khisanth.2948" said:

I went ahead and updated my wiki page. I'm working on more data with just the guild boost, but don't have a lot yet. As best I can tell from the nodes where I have a good amount of data:

The buffs do increase the chance to "double strike" and get two logs from one swing when you hit a tree. For all of the tree nodes this chance seems to go from about 6.5% with no buffs to somewhere in the 7.5-8.5% range. I think it influences cinnamon and walnut drops, but need more data to confirm. The gem bags are rare enough that I can't really tell statistically, even from 2k swings.

The buff does not appear to have any influence on any of the LS3 nodes. I got the same number of winterberries with and without buffs. I expect it holds for the LS4 nodes too - I did difluorite, I'm not doing mistonium.

Metal nodes the jury is still out - copper and iron suggest a potential effect on number of gemstones with data thus far, mithril and platinum had no apparent effect.

Plants - the buffs seem to increase the drops of the scribing materials (piece of mother of pearl, flax fiber) and possibly flax blossom, pearls, and the subject Maguuma Lilies, but again, the drop rates are so low for these that waaayy more data is needed for significance. I'd hypothesize that they influence the pigment drops too, but have not tested and have zero data to back that up.

@thehipone.6812 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:

I went ahead and updated my wiki page. I'm working on more data with just the guild boost, but don't have a lot yet. As best I can tell from the nodes where I have a good amount of data:

The buffs do increase the chance to "double strike" and get two logs from one swing when you hit a tree. For all of the tree nodes this chance seems to go from about 6.5% with no buffs to somewhere in the 7.5-8.5% range. I
think
it influences cinnamon and walnut drops, but need more data to confirm. The gem bags are rare enough that I can't really tell statistically, even from 2k swings.

The buff
does not
appear to have any influence on any of the LS3 nodes. I got the same number of winterberries with and without buffs. I expect it holds for the LS4 nodes too - I did difluorite, I'm not doing mistonium.

Metal nodes the jury is still out - copper and iron suggest a potential effect on number of gemstones with data thus far, mithril and platinum had no apparent effect.

Plants - the buffs seem to increase the drops of the scribing materials (piece of mother of pearl, flax fiber) and
possibly
flax blossom, pearls, and the subject Maguuma Lilies, but again, the drop rates are so low for these that waaayy more data is needed for significance. I'd hypothesize that they influence the pigment drops too, but have not tested and have zero data to back that up.

so basically picking any other buff is probably better :)

Thanks.