Power reaper - focus or dagger for off hand

Lysico.4906

I run power reaper.. Mostly PVP (some pve open world junk).. I don't need warhorn because I am running spite and enhanced signets. So my run speed is 33%So I have been messing around with greatsword and then range set is axe/X Focus seems better for pvp with stripping and stuff, but not seeing it..

What do you all suggest for off hand? Axe is main (range) set. GS my swap weapon..

Thanks

Focus can provide you with some LF from skill 4 and boonrip + chill on skill 5.Dagger can give you some condi transfer from skill 4 and... Skill 5 doesn't do anything (If it even lands before your opponents die of old age)Warhorn gives you an unblockable 5 target daze on skill 4 so could be worth running even without a useful skill 5 (Though, you'd still get the extra 7% MS while out of shroud from Swiftness vs Locust's 25%)

Take whatever you feel you'd get the most out of.

The only useful scenario for offhand-dagger I can imagine is some condi reaper build that runs the chill on blind curses trait and scepter/offhand-dagger + greatsword.

For any other build even the hardnerfed warhorn or just running staff is better than offhand-dagger.

edit:Watched risen howls video now: yeah something like that, but there are so many spectral grasp pulls right after you moved out of spectral ring so that you ended up pulling the targets not into it. Why? That's a great combo for hybrid reaper!

@KrHome.1920 said:The only useful scenario for offhand-dagger I can imagine is some condi reaper build that runs the chill on blind curses trait and scepter/offhand-dagger + greatsword.

For any other build even the hardnerfed warhorn or just running staff is better than offhand-dagger.

edit:Watched risen howls video now: yeah something like that, but there are so many spectral grasp pulls right after you moved out of spectral ring so that you ended up pulling the targets not into it. Why? That's a great combo for hybrid reaper!

looks like both of the first two clips i played it too fast yeah, sometimes you gotta take a good pull when you can though

it's purely a power reaper, curses offers some very strong weakness uptime and on demand corrupts so you can break bunker builds in shroud, glad you enjoyed =D

Curse is also not that bad for power damage too, as you earn fury and a lot of precision.With a marauder amulet you're almost always +80% precision against foes with some conditions on them (very easy with shroud and corruptions : bleeding, chill, blind, weakness, vulnerability, etc)

Speaking strictly from a PvP/WvW perspective, Dagger 5 is very usable if you do animation cancelling well. You can swap combo it into GS5 if you time it well, and I think a lot of people undervalue having the target preemptively burning a dodge if they choose not to get hit. The transfer and ranged blind are quite powerful, especially in regards to safe stomps and fighting AI-based classes like mesmer and ranger. I've run OH dagger for a very long time without issues.

IMHO the major benefit to focus is the LF gain. It means a lot on Reaper, but good LF management can offset the losses with use of skills like Spectral Armor and smart use of GS. In PvE, undeniably it's better to run OH focus because anything to boost LF generation is a big win.