Forging Steel, the strike mission that is not a strike mission. How to fix?

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Here's an official source from ArenaNet stating Forging Steel is a Strike Mission.

Dialogue from (X) Emissary Chest:

"The chest thrums with potential. Use Red/Green/Blue Prophet Crystals to open. Contains rewards from Strike Missions you have completed since last opening it.Can be opened once a week."

A tool box can contain a hammer. That doesn‘t mean it only contains a hammer.Same thing here: it contains the strike mission boxes, as well as the FS chest and some pieces of rare unidentified gear.

Taking a closer look at the chest rewards descriptions makes this clear:

FS:Double-click to open. Contains loot rewarded for earning Centurion rank in the Forging Steel vision.

Shiverpeaks (and others)Double-click to open. Contains loot rewarded for earning gold rank in the Shiverpeaks Pass Strike Mission.

Only FS is called a vision, not a SM. The official term for FS is “Public Mission“, or vision.

Forging Steel is the first instance of a new game content called “Visions of the Past”.ArenaNet put on it rewards that was supposed to be for Strike Missions, for reasons I don’t know (maybe just to not work on an unique reward system).

Considering Forging Steel is different from and way longer than any Strike Mission, and considering it already belongs to a different game content, I’d not add it to the Strike Missions we can access to from the portal in EOTN.It would be kind of like adding Dungeons to the Fractal portal, in case ArenaNet, for reasons, would decide to let them count for the repeatable Dungeon Frequenter achievement.

Forging Steel even has its own category in the LFG.

I’d support the idea of solving that confusion by removing Strike Missions reward from Forging Steel, replacing it with something different (just like Fractal has its own rewards, not mixed with the Dungeon ones). Anyway, I wonder if they are still willing to develop Visions of the Past.