EU servers a catastrophe

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Mercure.6531 said:I'm not sure what you're all talking about, I had 0 ping.... Wait a minute...

Jokes aside, I had a similar issue a while ago as well, where my ping was insanely high in the Desert Highlands, forcing me to quit playing as I had an average of 1K ping and any action could take up to 5 seconds to actually occur. Today I had another lovely experience in the same map where the average action had a delay of at least 3 to 5 seconds, while supposedly at the unrealistic/impossible ping of 0. I'm kind of starting to regret buying the expansion on EU now... :/

I kind of expect at least some lag - I average around 300 ping at the best of times due to my location, it can't be helped - but this is literally unplayable.

Exactly the same experience for me on multiple occassions. Prior to my last break I'd played through a fair chunk of PoF, this was a while before they moved over to AWS. Upon my return two months ago this is now the norm. Quite disappointing to say the least and I'm thankful that I'm done with Desert Highlands for the short-term.

Just an FYI: ArenaNet moved to AWS at the time of Path of Fire's release. Been on AWS for nearly 3 years.

Something isn't good at AWS then, chances are good Anet have downscaled too. At release every map was smooth, even during peak hours. And since then from my side I've upgraded from ADSL to Fibre. PC is still the same, performance is way way worse.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh, it culd be nice if thay make poll for better serverswe culd donate togheter for better experience in game

best option culd be to make collector editions that cost 10$ small, 30$ big one, or 35$ for both and you only can get them if you pay, not by gems ingame

Small-> 1 uniqe mini, Toy, 80lv booster, 5 heroic boosters, 1 month of acces pass of any choise, Total Makeover KitBig-> 1 uniqe mount skin, 1 uniqe costume skin, 25 lion kays, 1 month bank acees scroll, 1 month auction house acess scroll

lets say thay gona make 1 collector editions per 3 months

Evry uniqe mini,toy,mount skin, costume, culd be puted to gemstore but only 1year after collection edition

Well... I returned to GW2 week ago and it's terrible in terms of server lag.

I've got decent internet connection of 1Gb/s download and 300 Mbit/s upload, never had any problems before with latency on any game at all. I refuse to believe that problem is on my point. GW2 shows avarage ping arund 35-45ms, but in game itself I've got constant freezes while playing with input lag of about 2-3 seconds.

I hope those are just temporary issues casue if it's stays that way - it's a deal-breaker for me.

I usually have a very stable connection to Gw2 servers, and in most cases any delays or disconnects were on my side - ISP, etc. - and I know, because it was happening at other games too.

However, lately I did notice that PvE maps in Gw2 tend to have some packet losses (ping jumps only to 80~90).I did run several tests and it really appears that the issue is on Anet's side - Bjora Marches, I get every minute some packet loss which rubberbands me or mobs back for 3-5 seconds. But sPvP or WvW is fine in this regard.

What really surprises me, is lack of response from Anet on those issues, as in previous times they were announcing some issues which were network related and when they were working on it in-game...

It's really disturbing where Anet is going with it's behavior toward it's playerbase..

@MarzAttakz.9608 said:

@Mercure.6531 said:I'm not sure what you're all talking about, I had 0 ping.... Wait a minute...

Jokes aside, I had a similar issue a while ago as well, where my ping was insanely high in the Desert Highlands, forcing me to quit playing as I had an average of 1K ping and any action could take up to 5 seconds to actually occur. Today I had another lovely experience in the same map where the average action had a delay of at least 3 to 5 seconds, while supposedly at the unrealistic/impossible ping of 0. I'm kind of starting to regret buying the expansion on EU now... :/

I kind of expect at least some lag - I average around 300 ping at the best of times due to my location, it can't be helped - but this is literally unplayable.

Exactly the same experience for me on multiple occassions. Prior to my last break I'd played through a fair chunk of PoF, this was a while before they moved over to AWS. Upon my return two months ago this is now the norm. Quite disappointing to say the least and I'm thankful that I'm done with Desert Highlands for the short-term.

Just an FYI: ArenaNet moved to AWS at the time of Path of Fire's release. Been on AWS for nearly 3 years.

Something isn't good at AWS then, chances are good Anet have downscaled too. At release every map was smooth, even during peak hours. And since then from my side I've upgraded from ADSL to Fibre. PC is still the same, performance is way way worse.

Just my thoughts exactly. Bet they wanted to cut costs and just closed a few servers and put multiple maps on the same or something. By the time the next expansion comes nobody is playing anymore coz Pof, Lws4 and probably more by then is literally unplayable. Makes a good impression as well to new players that bought the PoF/HoT expansion. Instant refunding and quitting coz they can't even play the expansion material.

However bad the EU ones here get, Lotros have been down everyday for the last week. Even though I'm mostly on a GW2 break, I return here because they are still more stable than some other MMO's.

Not that improvements (and acknowledgement) aren't needed here mind you because they are. Some areas of the game are often unplayable

@Zeeg.7340 said:I think it's not specifically ArenNet. AWS is known to be abysmal when it comes to bandwidth and availability. I think it's just a bad choice of provider to be honest.

It has to be much cheaper. It's cost cutting. The same reason why there is no voice over for LWS now. Covid-19 outbreaks come at the right time for them to use as an excuse.

Man people were not kidding. PoF and LW4 + Bjora are pretty much unplayable with permanent 5+ seconds skilllag and rubberbanding. Glad I'm not an OW player personally, but this needs to be fixed asap.I imagine this bleeds players by the day.

@Corrada.7304 said:Give us some UK, PL, CZ or SK servers. No more laggy DE servers (Frankfurt).

you do realize that AWS peering at Frankfurt is fatter than PLs, UKs, SKs overall peering?

I bet it is not AWS nor Frankfurt. My money is on ISP overselling bandwidht (which they all did) now biting them in the ass hard.

MY employer does sell online courses. Before COVID hit, no problems at all. But the moment everyone started to work from home, customers were lagging out and disconnecting all the time.

Maybe, just MAYBE it isn't ANET's or Amazon's fault?

An seriously - DE-IX.... if you think the problem is there, you should look up some stuff about the internet.