Possible to play at friend's PC ?

Hey, I'm currently experiencing some crashes that make the game unplayable to me ( basically as soon as I log in my screen turns a random color and my whole PC freezes ) I don't have these issues with any other games, but support and I went through it and we couldn't find the source of the issue, so I'm assuming it has to do with my somewhat outdated graphics card.Now it's gonna be a bit until I can purchase a new one, and I just went on a trip to see a friend for a week. The trip was planned a bit ahead of the crashes becoming like this, sadly. Now my friend has their own account. Would it be possible to log into my account from their pc ? Or would I violate some rules ? I'm really curious, bc I wanted to experience the new patch and like I said I might not be able to for a bit.

You'll be fine. You can log into your account from any PC which has the game installed, and use multiple different ones if you want to. At one point there were 3 different accounts being logged into from my home IP address, and every few weeks I'd log in to my account from my parents house instead.

I think Anet will sometimes pick up on suspicious activity, but I think it has to be fairly extreme - like your account logging in from the other side of the world a couple of hours after you logged out.

And yeah, don't let your friend play on your account or play on their account. I'm not sure Anet could detect that, but at the very least it would mean if anything happened as a result support wouldn't help you. If your friend forgot which account they were on and got into an argument in PvP which got them banned or, did something to get flagged as a gold seller or whatever "it wasn't me, it was my friend using my account" is not a defense.

@"Jesse.5029" said:Thanks you two ! Yeah I don't intend to do anything suspect or abuse it in any way, and I trust my friend they won't either. Hope everything will go well then.

If you have two-factor authentication activated on your account, you will be asked to put your friend's IP on the white list. You can remove it later when you log into your account on the website; the IP will be listed under "Security", if I recall correctly.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Jesse.5029" said:Thanks you two ! Yeah I don't intend to do anything suspect or abuse it in any way, and I trust my friend they won't either. Hope everything will go well then.

If you have two-factor authentication activated on your account, you will be asked to put your friend's IP on the white list. You can remove it later when you log into your account on the website; the IP will be listed under "Security", if I recall correctly.

and you 'friend' should not have access to your password.