No default PVP builds in UI, pvp weapons not provided. pvp only characters are RIP

dmh.7435

Hi,I am coming back to the game after not that long away and there is no longer a section to seleect a pvp build when i click on hat in the pvp lobby. The area where it normally is is completely blank but I swear i saw it not that long ago. Furthermore, pasting an equipment template that uses weapons the character does not own is not providing the pvp weapons.This has made making a new character to exclusively PVP on extremely difficult and unusable compared to before

which vendor? i'm in the pvp lobby. At any rate posting workarounds is besides the point

If you open the pvp build ui, do you have a default builds section? If so, can you screenshot where it is and to get there?

I also was trying to show the game to a friend who's never played before and has no interest in pve and this is now a much harder sell

@"dmh.7435" said:I should clarify, on a new character the 3 tabs are empty build templates

make a build, then. the templates are at the top of the character equipment screen. if they are empty, you will have to find a build. if they gave you a default build, you wouldn't make it out of bronze. it requires a significant amount of trial and error to create something viable, and meta builds are changing all the time. I told you where to find builds. either godofpvp.net or metabattle, or make your own.

again, if they DID remove "default builds", its for the better. they are noob traps. none of the default builds were ever good.

so again, its not some "workaround to an issue". the only issue here is the fact that you relied on default builds in the first place, and somehow missed the fact that weapon/armor vendors have existed in the Mists since its inception.

Ignoring the stuff you didn't address, why are you assuming I rely on default build templates? Attack me all you want but I am simply pointing out I'm looking for a feature that was around for a very long time on the UI and they are nowhere to be found despite all of the current game literature referring to them. I'll make sure anyone I know with a new or passing interest in gw2 doesn't come to me for help and that they prepare and study some metabattle templates ahead of time , wouldn't want someone interested in trying the game using a non meta build =)

@"dmh.7435" said:Ignoring the stuff you didn't address, why are you assuming I rely on default build templates? Attack me all you want but I am simply pointing out I'm looking for a feature that was around for a very long time on the UI and they are nowhere to be found despite all of the current game literature referring to them. I'll make sure anyone I know with a new or passing interest in gw2 doesn't come to me for help and that they prepare and study some metabattle templates ahead of time , wouldn't want someone interested in trying the game using a non meta build =)

you would be next to useless using a default build. if that was your introduction to the game, you'd just quit.

you're being dense for no reason other than asking for a feature that wasn't a feature, it was a handicap.

you need to be able to create your own builds and meta-game for yourself if you want to be good at pvp. default builds were always garbage. they shouldnt have been a thing, and should not be re-added.

you dont even have to "study" the template. you just have to copy and paste it for christ's sake. is that really a difficult concept for you? maybe pvp isn't for you and your friend.

@NaramSin.2693 said:yes they changed for no reason, and it's obviously worst then ever, btw now it's what we have...

lol. there isnt even an argument here guys. the default builds were as good as nothing.

there is no loss to the game for having them removed. you would've literally had to change every trait, amulet, sigil, rune, and even weapon sets from the default builds to be any sort of effective. if a new player is so inept at the game that they are unable to make choices or pick these things for themselves, they should start in PVE and actually learn how to play the game before stepping into pvp. that's just how it is, and that's how it has always been. Go to PVE. Learn how to play.

im not going to entertain this thread any longer. i told you how to do everything you asked. where to find builds, where to find items. those were your main concerns. you have the ability now to be just as effective as everyone else in this game, because they ALSO go to metabattle or godofpvp, that's literally what 99% of the playerbase does.