Stormcaller Weapons, Tier 2 -> Tier 1 deleted

Ashantara.8731

Some tracks are repeatable, but the one for drizzlewood coast is not. It's sad, because that could have been a solution too. I would happily do a couple of wvw tracks to get the weapons back over farming materials for them. But alas.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Dunno, I'd read that more as:

• the weapons are craft-able
  • the weapons are trade-able

It would make little sense for the developers to go out of their way to implement a warning, only to then reimburse players who salvaged the weapons again. So I would keep my hopes and expectations in check if I was affected and expect the worst case scenario, which is basically some gold cost.

We'll know for sure in 8 days.

Dunno how deep your pockets go, but I would say it cost more than some gold. Regardless, you are right. I should expect the worst case scenario.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If content is released that will be upgradable in the future it really shouldn't be released until all tiers are available. Having us tie up inventory slots for months at a time to maybe craft something we'll like in the future just feels like a cheap tactic to sell bag and bank slots. Not saying this is the case, but it feels like it.

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:I prefer that the devs count the unlocking of the weapon skin as proof of the previous tier weapon instead of the actual weapon itself. That would save a lot of storage space and annoyment for the ones who deleted the old weapons.

This right here is the answer. Maybe a dev will read the forum and see this...

Not to disagree, but Anet makes money selling storage space and therefore has a vested interest in getting us to fill our inventory. But I do hope they will once more offer a chance to buy copies of the ones we trashed accidentally. Like most people, I'm sure, the only part of the description I read is whether I have unlocked the skin yet or not.

Yeah, I'm not too happy about this but for a different reason than seems to be the popular one here. I crafted the T1 on the premise that I would be able to upgrade them to T2 just to find out that T1 is a throwaway tier, I could have skipped them and just made T2. At the very least they could have had 2 recipes, 1 for people without the T1 that is full price, and a second for those of us with the T1 that is discounted, maybe only 1 core and 1 draconic lodestone. But as it is this decision pretty much undermines the whole thing that they set up with the previous release.

@"Moira Shalaar.5620" said:Yeah, I'm not too happy about this but for a different reason than seems to be the popular one here. I crafted the T1 on the premise that I would be able to upgrade them to T2 just to find out that T1 is a throwaway tier, I could have skipped them and just made T2. At the very least they could have had 2 recipes, 1 for people without the T1 that is full price, and a second for those of us with the T1 that is discounted, maybe only 1 core and 1 draconic lodestone. But as it is this decision pretty much undermines the whole thing that they set up with the previous release.

I agree with you. I crafted some T1s because they were called upgradeable.... maybe there is a second way to acquire T2? Hence my questions if anybody knows. If it turns out T1 is indeed a "throwaway" tier I'll be less than happy.

Wait, so that warning didn't matter? Huh. Well, glad I'm not being forced to make the T1s again. Still, kinda weird to have had that warning in there then. According to a comment in that reddit post, the description for the weapons were also removed with this patch. Perhaps it was a last minute change of mind.

Edit: Just checked. Yep, it's gone. https://i.imgur.com/ITZlfy4.jpg

Edit2: Having looked at the recipe for T2 again and seeing the visual difference between the two weapon tiers (literally just more particle effects), I've decided they're not worth the trouble. Good luck to whoever tackles this monster of a weapon collection. I sure am not.

You know, if more people are happier with the change, great. But to say for two months that "these weapons will be able to be upgraded" and then do the last-minute switch, grrrr. Best-case scenario would be to have TWO ways to get the charged weapons, either craft from scratch or craft for less gold using the first tier weapons. Maybe that's a hidden feature that we just haven't seen yet.

Thankfully, I am only missing two, but had to spend 17 gold buying enough charged lodestones to remake them. I had submitted a ticket early on in the last episode, after I caught my mistake, but they wouldn't restore them. That's okay, no harm no foul.

I like the ideas people had upstream about making it tied to the achievement. Additionally, if they were not salvageable, then the idea of 'farming support for materials' kinda goes by the wayside. And of course, if they'd make them for sale on a vendor for karma and area mats, that would be great too.

Update: now I’m reading I wasted 17g and mats making the two I was missing again. Nice. ?

Anyone want to place a bet that next week ANET will change their mind again, and maybe let you salvage the T1 for a chance at the mats you need for T2, but by then many players will already have disposed of them?

I wish I was making a joke here - I seriously believe ANET is capable of this.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:Yeah, kitten that. I feel tricked, which is souring me on the whole episode. It's like dangling something in front of us for two months and then jerking it away.

They changed it last second I bet. That's why the warning got removed from the weapons too. Too many tickets/complaints on forums

This.

Chances are high that this also made the Tier 2 weapons more expensive, since now the T1 weapons were no longer needed.

There is a good chance that the original recipe for the T2 weapons had the T1 in them. Probably not requiring the duplicate materials which we now see AGAIN being used in the crafting of the T2 weapons.

The upside here is:The developers obviously are aware of the problem with upgrade able items, which can be destroyed, spread over multiple episodes.

The downside:We all now get to pay a hefty premium for the second batch of weapons. Even the players who trashed their T1 weapons now have to spend another couple of hundred gold. Still if this means in the longer less of these types of issues, I'd say not to high a price to pay.

The crafting recipes don't seem to make a lot of sense either, unless they're misrepresented on the wiki. There are no weapon parts in it. The greatsword and the axe use exactly the same ingredients. I'd say they all do but there's a bit of variation because there are a couple of different inscriptions used among the set. I suspect they were originally intended to have the tier 1 weapon as an ingredient instead of an inscription.

@"Vancho.8750" said:There should be another recipe that involves the t1 weapons simple fix ain't it.Also these should be Ascended by looking at the cost.

+1 for ascended Charged Stormcaller weapons.That is my only gripe. We had ascended weapons for far cheaper ; in Istan & Thunderhead Peaks there were ascended "upgraded" weapons.

If they're trying to get more of the playerbase in ascended and exotics it would be a good idea to make the Illuminated Boreal weapons (Berserker stats) also ascended but the ship has sailed on that.

edit: seems Charged Stormcaller weapons are salvaged for Memories of Otter achievement. However, point about Illuminated Boreal weapons still stands.

For someone like me that crafted 25 t1 stormcaller weapons for a chance of better profit this last second change is infuriating...they even removed the frigging text message on the t1 weapons like it was nothing and AFTER THE UPDATE...by joko what a fail...