Please rid us of Rytlock and Ryland by the end of this season!

Ashantara.8731

I just can't stand Rytlock's whiney, aggressive tone any longer. He has the emotional maturity of a child that has no patience and no respect for anyone 90% of the time and who is freqently throwing tantrums. He's been like that from the beginning and there has been zero progress with him in that department. By now, the second I hear his voice (or imagine it when there is no voice-over) I cringe.

The same goes for his son, Ryland. Just as simple-minded and immature as his father.

Can we please get rid of those two by the end of this season? How about they form their own warband in order to work on their father-son relationship? They then could go on adventures together, far, far away from us. <3

P.S. Please don't have Rytlock die and have him replaced by Ryland in our midth. If he has to die then at least spare us having to deal with Rytlock 2.0.

Guild Wars 2 has had a problem of killing side characters by the dozens while the B-team remains invincible. Makes the story a little silly really. Having Jormag kill Rytlock, Taimi and... what the heck, let's throw Braham in there and that would solve most of Guild War's storytelling problems in one strike.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:My vote is for the humans and the asuran to be removed. I don't like Jory or kas and Taimi and whats his name are annoying...omg RIGHT???I effing HATE What's his name... and the writers keep shoving him in our face!

If the writers don't get rid of What's his name soon, I'm going to go play ESO, I swear it.They may have That Guy, but at least he's not What's his name.

I'm really wondering whether some people even bother to read what I wrote....

Where did I say that I wanted Rytlock killed??? :s

1. Read what was written.
  2. Respond afterward.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:I don't really see anything wrong with how he acted in the latest episode.

I'm not talking about his actions, I'm talking about his character, his manners, his behavior.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I'm really wondering whether some people even bother to read what I wrote....

Where did I say that I wanted Rytlock killed??? :s

1. Read what was written.
  2. Respond afterward.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:I don't really see anything wrong with how he acted in the latest episode.

I'm not talking about his actions, I'm talking about his character, his manners, his behavior.

His character is fine, he's flawed but any decent character is.

I love how these thread always pop up. Literally for every character besides Canach.Braham - AnnoyingTaimi - Annoying mary sueRytlock - AnnoyingJory and Kass - Annoying togetherYall literally just dont like the characters and need to accept the fact that living world probably earn ANet more $$$ than an other game made. I think the forums are an echo chamber.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:My vote is for the humans and the asuran to be removed. I don't like Jory or kas and Taimi and whats his name are annoying...omg RIGHT???I effing HATE What's his name... and the writers keep shoving him in our face!

If the writers don't get rid of What's his name soon, I'm going to go play ESO, I swear it.They may have That Guy, but at least he's not What's his name.

lmfao Its just I Can't remember what bug-boys name is, he was one of the two asuran from last living world. He just bugs me.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

lmfao Its just I Can't remember what bug-boys name is, he was one of the two asuran from last living world. He just bugs me.

Gorrik

@Mahou.3924 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Taimi needs to go first. Don't care how. Just as long as its gone.No. Killing characters just because you are annoyed by them is pathetic.

I agree. Hence my other suggestion.

But after playing this episode, I don't think I will have to worry about Rytlock 2.0 too much. So just keep the original away from me, thank you. ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Taimi needs to go first. Don't care how. Just as long as its gone.No. Killing characters just because you are annoyed by them is pathetic.

I agree. Hence my other suggestion.

But after playing this episode, I don't think I will have to worry about Rytlock 2.0 too much. So just keep the original away from me, thank you. ;)I find the fact you posted this rant about the story before actually finishing the episode to be rather telling. And as someone else mentioned it's a pattern you engage in.It's like you start playing these episodes looking for a reason to rage on the forums and take a break after the first 15 minutes to post without considering the entire thing.As far as GW2 character arcs go, Ryland's is not the worst we have seen by far.

Rytlock is fine and fits both the story and the setting. In fact he's been one of the strongest and most consistent characters - esp for a Charr - since the start. You don't always have to like him and that is intended, but his character has always worked. Plus he has an excellent double act with Canach and his fur....his fur is soooo soft...

Ryland on the other hand needs a bit more fleshing out (too late now mind you). Plus I don't think his fur is as soft