Why did you make us keep the T1 Stormcaller weapons?

" Stormcaller weapons are the legions' first attempt at harnessing the elements to battle Bangar's renegades. Expect these weapons to be capable of upgrades in the near future. "

So this line on each Stormcaller weapon was useless? Note that this line has been removed on each Stormcaller weapon since today patch. What was the point for T1 if you can just make T2 to begin with? Seriously, this is a big slap in the face and a waste of my time.

Because of all the inevitable support tickets from people who, even though the items explicitly states it will be upgradeable, deleted them for whatever reason and want them back. Obviously just a decision change after they saw how many people deleted them through their metrics.Because people are kitten kittens.

How is it a slap in the face? You can still salvage them. The bank space is recoverable you know. You don't have to leave them in there. How did it waste any of your time? You mean the 2 seconds where you transferred it from your inventory to the bank?

I've discussed this in the Living World section. For them to say for two months, or at least very heavily imply, that the weapons could be upgraded and then that vanishes today is disappointing. Why not make two paths to the Charged Stormcaller Weapons? One would be the recipes that dropped today, the second would cost less gold and use the Tier 1 Stormcaller Weapon. Make it so, ANet.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:Because of all the inevitable support tickets from people who, even though the items explicitly states it will be upgradeable, deleted them for whatever reason and want them back. Obviously just a decision change after they saw how many people deleted them through their metrics.Because people are kitten kittens.

How is it a slap in the face? You can still salvage them. The bank space is recoverable you know. You don't have to leave them in there. How did it waste any of your time? You mean the 2 seconds where you transferred it from your inventory to the bank?

Why are you defending a stupid design? Who cares if they warned you? Why design it that way? They've been doing collections for years where you just unlock the part you need and then you don't need it anymore. Is that not the smarter way to handle this than force people to hold off crafting or hold on to the items indefinitely until they need them?

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:Because of all the inevitable support tickets from people who, even though the items explicitly states it will be upgradeable, deleted them for whatever reason and want them back. Obviously just a decision change after they saw how many people deleted them through their metrics.Because people are kitten kittens.

Why are you defending a stupid design? Who cares if they warned you? Why design it that way? They've been doing collections for years where you just unlock the part you need and then you don't need it anymore. Is that not the smarter way to handle this than force people to hold off crafting or hold on to the items indefinitely until they need them?

Where did I defend anything there? I'm not defending it. I can just understand there are reasons for design changes and then I get over it.Oh, wait, ok I'll defend it. Adding the weapon to the recipe to craft the upper tier is exactly the same as legendary weapons so its not like there is no precident for this happening. The other benefit would be that because there are generally three materials used to craft a weapon, the item could have functioned as two of them and you could just put the weapon and a core to upgrade it. But designs change.

So, first of all, the notes were on the weapons to begin with to forshadow it can be upgraded in the future. So, now that the T2 is out, there isn’t really a need to have the forshadowing anymore since everyone knows there is a tier 2 and thus craft T1 and not destroy it. My next question is, I haven’t seen the T2 recipe yet, but has anyone seen what it takes to actually make the T2 weapons yet? I suspect the amalgamated draconic lodestone is one part, but I bet the T1 weap is another part. Similar to how Illuminated Boreal Weapons were made.

That’s a bummer. I had kept them all but 2, which I destroyed before reading. I then asked support if they could restore them and they would not, so today I made the 2 I was missing, costing me 17g for charged lodestones I was missing, and mats, and now you’re telling me I made them again for no reason?

Jesus ?

While this doesnt really affect me as I havnt even made T1 yet, I will say I think the 'warning' they gave on the weapons was terrible inadequate and I dont blame people for not noticing it.

• It took the place of flavor text, which most people dont read
    • It was in plain grey writing, instead of red
    • There are multiple other systems in game designed to prevent people destroying important items which work 10x better which anet chose to not use
    • Bjora set the expectation that even if the weapon was destroyed, a replacement could be bought for a small amount of gold/currency

There should be cheaper recipe that uses the tier 1 weapons. They went around for months telling people these would be needed to upgrade to tier 2. I spent a lot of gold and materials to craft them because of that, and now all of that gold and materials were basically flushed down the toilet and it was a complete waste of time. They shouldn't do that to people. Please give us a cheaper recipe.

Yes this is bullshit. The argument that people would create tickets is invalid. They did a similar thing with the boreal weapons. You can buy the discounted one for a few silver if you wanna craft the upgrade and don't have the original anymore.

And maybe I'm mistaken, but didn't it say somewhere you get a Stormcaller Core from salvaging these weapons? I kept them for the T2 and now that we don't really need them I figuered I would at least get some cores back.... nope.... ZERO cores from salvaging them. Was this stealth nerfed as well?

All in all I'm VERY disappointed in this release -.-

@Infusion.7149 said:Proof you can never satisfy everyone.

No, more like proof that inconsistency is a big negative, and ANET's most consistent quality is that they are inconsistent.

If they came to a realization and decided to change the design, they should create an official forum and maybe sign up a Twitter and Reddit account, and make an announcement so the player base is aware of the change...rather than just do a stealth removal of the weapon tooltips.

Wait? ANET already has an official forum and a twitter/reddit account? Oh. Well, that's all I have by way of excuses. How about you?

If you had been paying attention, Arenanet has been inconsistent about many things related to ingame content even before a pandemic was ongoing. I really don't think this is as much of an issue as people make it out to be, seeing how the only detriment is some people lost inventory spaces up until now and maybe obtained a title/mastery point they wouldn't have gone for. Anyone starting that content now is not going to expect T1 Stormcaller required for T2 Charged stormcaller weapons.

Of course there could have been a recipe that required fewer resources if you had T1 Stormcaller weapons unlocked, I know. Given that materials are thrown at you every step of the way in Drizzlewood coast it is probably just to balance the economy.

Before anyone says it didn't affect me, I had all T1 stormcaller weapons about a month after the last episode and they've been in storage.

@Infusion.7149 said:If you had been paying attention, Arenanet has been inconsistent about many things related to ingame content even before a pandemic was ongoing. I really don't think this is as much of an issue as people make it out to be, seeing how the only detriment is some people lost inventory spaces up until now. Anyone starting that content now is not going to expect T1 Stormcaller required for T2 Charged stormcaller weapons.

Of course there could have been a recipe that required fewer resources if you had T1 Stormcaller weapons unlocked, I know. Given that materials are thrown at you every step of the way in Drizzlewood coast it is probably just to balance the economy.

Before anyone says it didn't affect me, I had all T1 stormcaller weapons about a month after the last episode and they've been in storage.It's not just an inventory issue, it's also an issue of perhaps having crafted tier 1 weapons at all.

This is probably the reason why these new weapons are so expensive to make, around 300-500g fot the entire set, since they use amalgamated draconic lodestone.It goes like this: Exotic Inscription>2 Amalgamated Lodestone>10 Ecto>2 Storm Core, that's around 50g for each t2 weapon, the t1 weapons would probably be used instead of the Draconic Lodestones, making it a bit cheaper for people that crafted them, bummer.

But i will still hold all my T1, never know if Anet see the complains and put some new recipe that allows you to use your T1 weapons, or allow you to salvage them for cores at least hehe.

I won't be crafting the tier 2 weapons until they add the recipe that uses tier 1s. At the very least they could replace the amalgamated lodestones with the tier 1 weapon. I probably also won't bother with crafting any of the other weapons they add in future living story episodes, especially if they are supposedly "upgrade-able". Not after this.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:Proof you can never satisfy everyone.

No, more like proof that inconsistency is a big negative, and ANET's most consistent quality is that they are inconsistent.

If they came to a realization and decided to change the design, they should create an official forum and maybe sign up a Twitter and Reddit account, and make an announcement so the player base is aware of the change...rather than just do a stealth removal of the weapon tooltips.

Wait? ANET already has an official forum and a twitter/reddit account? Oh. Well, that's all I have by way of excuses. How about you?

but if ANet stops being inconsistent they will no longer be consistently inconsistent!

@Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:This is probably the reason why these new weapons are so expensive to make, around 300-500g fot the entire set, since they use amalgamated draconic lodestone.

Heh ... if only it was only 300-500g right now it is 1048g for the set

It goes like this: Exotic Inscription>2 Amalgamated Lodestone>10 Ecto>2 Storm Core, that's around 50g for each t2 weapon, the t1 weapons would probably be used instead of the Draconic Lodestones, making it a bit cheaper for people that crafted them, bummer.

Not really. If you take a look at the recipes they areT1 -1 weapon component 11 weapon component 21 inscription1 stormcaller core

T2 -10 ecto1 inscription2 amalgamated draconic gemstones2 stormcaller core

If they had stuck with the upgrade route it would have been much more likely to be closer tot1 weapon2 amalgamated draconic gemstone10 ecto2 stormcaller core

Just take a look of the boreal recipes ...T11 weapon component 11 weapon component 21 inscription10 eitrite ingot

T2t1 weapon2 amalgamated draconic gemstone10 ecto35 eitrite ingot

I am glad they reconsidered, and hopefully they stay away from having us hoard whole weapon sets for months to craft the next tier out of them. That's almost a whole bag slot gone just for skins and with that a pretty inefficient way of using said bag space.

@Locce.8405 said:I am glad they reconsidered, and hopefully they stay away from having us hoard whole weapon sets for months to craft the next tier out of them. That's almost a whole bag slot gone just for skins and with that a pretty inefficient way of using said bag space.

I'm fine with them reconsidering for the next weapon set... but they cannot be doing this mid-stream. They screwed over a lot of people with this move.

@"Will.9785" said:There should be cheaper recipe that uses the tier 1 weapons. They went around for months telling people these would be needed to upgrade to tier 2. I spent a lot of gold and materials to craft them because of that, and now all of that gold and materials were basically flushed down the toilet and it was a complete waste of time. They shouldn't do that to people. Please give us a cheaper recipe.

Where did ArenaNet exactly say you would need the T1 to upgrade to T2...certainly not by putting a little description that says: "Stormcaller weapons are the legions' first attempt at harnessing the elements to battle Bangar's renegades. Expect these weapons to be capable of upgrades in the near future. " All that says is to expect the weapons to be upgradable in the near future, now you can argue that including the word "upgrade" means you need the original to improve it, but that's not necessarily so, it's all in how you interpret the word upgrade. Had they said you need the T1 to upgrade to T2 in the near future then I can see the argument, the way it was actually written...I disagree it made it a complete waste of time. There was a purpose to it, to have you make the T1 weapon(s) before you could make the T2 whether you actually needed to use the T1 or not.