Hackers in competitive modes - Remove FTP access to Competive Modes

TDC.1627

Looking at the increase of hackers in both PvP and WvW is it time to ban FTP accounts in competitive modes?

If Anet actually did something about hackers and banned the accounts there is nothing stopping a hacker from starting a new FTP account. Or we have established players hacking on FTP accounts to protect their main accounts.

What are the thoughts on removing access to PvP and WvW on FTP accounts? If you want to play in these modes you need a paid account.

I can guarantee you removing ftp from these modes won't stop it, and you'll be stopping the legit people who could turn into buyers, and also bleed players from the mode. There are hackers for sure but this isn't one of the ways to deal with it (my opinion of course). If this happens, you'll just see the same thing with black market accounts surging (yes, they exist). WvW is already hard to get people into it. This would be a very selfish move when other alternatives exist.

@TDC.1627 said:Looking at the increase of hackers in both PvP and WvW is it time to ban FTP accounts in competitive modes?

If Anet actually did something about hackers and banned the accounts there is nothing stopping a hacker from starting a new FTP account. Or we have established players hacking on FTP accounts to protect their main accounts.

What are the thoughts on removing access to PvP and WvW on FTP accounts? If you want to play in these modes you need a paid account.

Anet just needs to perma ban them. Just a few days ago i saw the same warrior flying around, very obvious, through EB. Nothing changed in years. Another F for Anet. I would rate them worse but F is the bottom already.

@MiniMe.1960 said:

@TDC.1627 said:Looking at the increase of hackers in both PvP and WvW is it time to ban FTP accounts in competitive modes?

Anet just needs to perma ban them. Just a few days ago i saw the same warrior flying around, very obvious, through EB. Nothing changed in years. Another F for Anet. I would rate them worse but F is the bottom already.

Agreed, I don't know why they are so quiet on this front. The only problem is they can permaban but they can come straight back in on an FTP account unless ANET IP ban then but even then a VPN will solve that.

@diomache.9246 said:Why would you hack in wvw? There is nothing to win in this game mode.

Most of the hacker in wvw or pvp just play for making fun of normal players, they do not need loots. They get a few laugh playing god mode and seeing other get mads.

Just saw 2 teleport hack players in WVW just now, N server (or linked S server) NW* guild name, even one is platinum wvw rank, both is rev, always teleport away when low HP. So come to forum to check, not disappointed seeing few threads.We just left the map to another map, not to give them any fun.

• Confused 1