Do you think Weakness should affect conditions too?

Vancho.8750

@anjo.6143 said:If u as a necro loses 1x1 against thief, u are that bad.

99% of thieves, super easy. 1% of thieves that actually know how to play, might actually prove as a huge annoyance, and if you're at 80% health, a good thief can probably finish you off.

get to my rank before u say anything :dizzy:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Caine.8204 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:i just said SOME. and as long as there are condi spikes that are far far beyond possible power spikes, its not really how it should be.

condi spike being better than power spike is not a thing. 1 condi cleanse and all that damage turns to 0. what amazing spike.

the thing with condis is that the POTENTIAL is very high, but compared to power, the ACTUAL DPS is very low. it starts being very good towards the end of the fight when people run out of cooldowns. that "condi spike" you talk about, is actually them landing 10+ skills in succession on you when you no longer have condi cleanse, which is how condi builds are played.

wait for condis to stack, then cleanse. don't cleanse the second you get 1 bleed and 1 poison. wait for them to waste more of their skills, and THEN you cleanse.

This guy gets it.

@Caine.8204 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:i just said SOME. and as long as there are condi spikes that are far far beyond possible power spikes, its not really how it should be.

condi spike being better than power spike is not a thing. 1 condi cleanse and all that damage turns to 0. what amazing spike.

the thing with condis is that the POTENTIAL is very high, but compared to power, the ACTUAL DPS is very low. it starts being very good towards the end of the fight when people run out of cooldowns. that "condi spike" you talk about, is actually them landing 10+ skills in succession on you when you no longer have condi cleanse, which is how condi builds are played.

wait for condis to stack, then cleanse. don't cleanse the second you get 1 bleed and 1 poison. wait for them to waste more of their skills, and THEN you cleanse.

Or spam skills on cooldown while being a brick and apply all the damage cause it comes from ranged attacks and pulsing circles ou and heck if its 1 bleed and 1 poison more like 3 stacks of 3 different conditions + a cripple and if you dont get that one slow off your ass and run you are going get pelted with more conditions, cause why the fuck a condition skill needs telegraph just slap some dumb ass apply on x trait, it is a surprise gift and the surprise is crap.

Well yes, but also no. Not the way you describe, anyway.

Weakness working on condis somehow? Sure why not. Resistance is nowhere NEAR as available as weakness, for anyone who is unable to read tooltips and plays the game blindfolded. Maybe an outgoing duration debuff, or just damage debuff. I do think they should rework weaknesses' -endurance regen though - having -dmg for all dmg types would be overboard if it kept -end regen too.

Having it only work on non-damaging condis would also be an interesting way to go about it.

Bare minimum though it should be a flat reduction - RNG defense you may or may not be able to rely on is bogus and it feels horrible to play with. 'okay so my backstab might crit for a nice amount orrrr if I get unlucky it's going to hit for maybe 1k' is ridiculous.

Or anet could stop fooling themselves into believing Resistance's current design is at all decent, make it reduce condi dmg taken by a percentage and then rework its availability.

Anyway I guess what I'm trying to ultimately get across here is nerf thief.

@Curennos.9307 said:Well yes, but also no. Not the way you describe, anyway.

Weakness working on condis somehow? Sure why not. Resistance is nowhere NEAR as available as weakness, for anyone who is unable to read tooltips and plays the game blindfolded. Maybe an outgoing duration debuff, or just damage debuff. I do think they should rework weaknesses' -endurance regen though - having -dmg for all dmg types would be overboard if it kept -end regen too.

Having it only work on non-damaging condis would also be an interesting way to go about it.

Bare minimum though it should be a flat reduction - RNG defense you may or may not be able to rely on is bogus and it feels horrible to play with. 'okay so my backstab might crit for a nice amount orrrr if I get unlucky it's going to hit for maybe 1k' is ridiculous.

Or anet could stop fooling themselves into believing Resistance's current design is at all decent, make it reduce condi dmg taken by a percentage and then rework its availability.

Anyway I guess what I'm trying to ultimately get across here is nerf thief.Well Resistance is used more to stop conditions effects then damage, it works more like stability, for those 2 to 4 seconds you are not hindered by blind,slow,cripple,chill, could be reworked like stability and have stacks and work as preemptive cleanse, but conditions are too easily available so how many stacks should you get, should it work on every condition or only on disabling ones, which one count as disabling and which as damaging since torment,confusion and poison exist.The current design is simpler and for these 2 to 4 seconds you are not hindered, and after it ends the conditions are still on you and you will feel their effect, basically it is reduce condition duration by 2 to 4 seconds. Probably it is fine as it is now.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:You are refusing to learn important part of the game ( cleansing and condition management ).Instead you want blanked condi nerf that will make bunker meta where build with perma protection, toughness and perma weakness can counter both condi and power and thus never die/be pressured.

Pretty much.

Also seem to neglect that this wouldn't be the only change. If this got put in it would come with nerfs to cleanse. They would still die and complain about dying.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:You are refusing to learn important part of the game ( cleansing and condition management ).Instead you want blanked condi nerf that will make bunker meta where build with perma protection, toughness and perma weakness can counter both condi and power and thus never die/be pressured.

Pretty much.

Also seem to neglect that this wouldn't be the only change. If this got put in it would come with nerfs to cleanse. They would still die and complain about dying.So you both agree that you have nothing constructive to add and just say people are bad.You know attacking the person and not the argument means that you lost the argument.

@Vancho.8750 said:

Pretty much.

Also seem to neglect that this wouldn't be the only change. If this got put in it would come with nerfs to cleanse. They would still die and complain about dying.So you both agree that you have nothing constructive to add and just say people are bad.You know attacking the person and not the argument means that you lost the argument.

Im not attacking you, I am saying that you there are ways to deal with conditions. Use them instead of pleading developers to deal with them for you.I understand that in your mind conditions are OP and nerfing them is good, but I am certain that if condi nerf will just bring bunkers back online.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Pretty much.

Im not attacking you, I am saying that you there are ways to deal with conditions. Use them instead of pleading developers to deal with them for you.I understand that in your mind conditions are OP and nerfing them is good, but I am certain that if condi nerf will just bring bunkers back online.And the double down.Why is it so bad to have more then one avenue to deal with conditions. And the current bunkers are condition based, so the fear you have is already here.

@Vancho.8750 said:

Pretty much.

Im not attacking you, I am saying that you there are ways to deal with conditions. Use them instead of pleading developers to deal with them for you.I understand that in your mind conditions are OP and nerfing them is good, but I am certain that if condi nerf will just bring bunkers back online.And the double down.Why is it so bad to have more then one avenue to deal with conditions. And the current bunkers are condition based, so the fear you have is already here.

there is MANY ways of dealing with conditions, MUCH MUCH more then dealing with power. Its a fact.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Pretty much.

there is MANY ways of dealing with conditions, MUCH MUCH more then dealing with power. Its a fact.States "Its a fact", doesn't give examples. With power you can kite, you can use protection, you can dodge(most conditions come from pulsing aoe fields which you have to double dodge out of or they come from passive traits of the type next hit will do x conditions and most attacks are not well telegraphed), you can use channeled block( this stops also conditions that are thrown but not the ones on you) , you can get toughness, you can get vitalit, you can use Agis, you can use healing, you can use CCs they are not doing damage if they can't move , you can use traits or abilities that make you uncrittable , or traits that give % reduction and most of all you can use all kinds of conditions to reduce power too nothing slow, chill, Weakness, cripple, immobile.Ranged power damage is probably the worst but it can be reflected, while condi ranged damage reflected is bad since you need to be condition build to make use of it since it scales by the defenders condition damage.

@Vancho.8750 said:

Pretty much.

there is MANY ways of dealing with conditions, MUCH MUCH more then dealing with power. Its a fact.States "Its a fact", doesn't give examples. With power you can kite, you can use protection, you can dodge(most conditions come from pulsing aoe fields which you have to double dodge out of or they come from passive traits of the type next hit will do x conditions and most attacks are not well telegraphed), you can use channeled block( this stops also conditions that are thrown but not the ones on you) , you can get toughness, you can get vitalit, you can use Agis, you can use healing, you can use CCs they are not doing damage if they can't move , you can use traits or abilities that make you uncrittable , or traits that give % reduction and most of all you can use all kinds of conditions to reduce power too nothing slow, chill, Weakness, cripple, immobile.Ranged power damage is probably the worst but it can be reflected, while condi ranged damage reflected is bad since you need to be condition build to make use of it since it scales by the defenders condition damage.

dodge, block,blind, los,cleanse, heal through, convert, use resistance, toss at someone else, reflect/proj block if its projectile, invulnerable the application or the damage, convert into healing with glint/defiance stance. you can also build extra condi defence with traits/runes like resistance rune or -% condi duration with mirage on heal trait for example. Plenty of options

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Pretty much.

dodge, block,blind, los,cleanse, heal through, convert, use resistance, toss at someone else, reflect/proj block if its projectile, invulnerable the application or the damage, convert into healing with glint/defiance stance. you can also build extra condi defence with traits/runes like resistance rune or -% condi duration with mirage on heal trait for example. Plenty of optionsStatement was that there are "MUCH MUCH more ways" to deal with it which is incorrect, by looks of it they are less options to deal with conditions. They are pretty binary you have enough cleanse to deal with them or you don't pretty predetermine.

@Vancho.8750 said:

Pretty much.

dodge, block,blind, los,cleanse, heal through, convert, use resistance, toss at someone else, reflect/proj block if its projectile, invulnerable the application or the damage, convert into healing with glint/defiance stance. you can also build extra condi defence with traits/runes like resistance rune or -% condi duration with mirage on heal trait for example. Plenty of optionsStatement was that there are "MUCH MUCH more ways" to deal with it which is incorrect, by looks of it they are less options to deal with conditions. They are pretty binary you have enough cleanse to deal with them or you don't pretty predetermine.

you decided to ignore 15 other ways of dealing with conditions, shrug

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Pretty much.

you decided to ignore 15 other ways of dealing with conditions, shrugMost of which affect power damage more then they do to conditions.

@"Vancho.8750" like conveting,cleansing, tossing them away, going invulnerable, gaining resistance or healing through them, converting into healing, eating through with shroud right ?

EDIT Just look at meta builds and how many ways each of them has to deal with condis.Ever power rev "know" for its weakness to conditions has resistance rune that reduces its duration by 25%, gains 4s of resistance due to it, and has skill that converts damage into healing that equals full heal against most condi builds.Most builds have even easier time

@Vancho.8750 said:

Pretty much.

1. Conditions can be cleansed, retroactively negating all damage. There are plenty of skills and traits and runes and weapon skills that will cleanse or convert conditions.
  2. Conditions can be negated with resistance.
  3. Multiple runes have -% based incoming condition duration.
  4. A large number of traits provide the -% based incoming condition duration or flat -% based incoming condition damage reduction.
  5. Conditions can be retroactively negated with true invulnerability. You can have 1,000,000 damage in conditions on you but if you activate an invuln before they tick and they don't last longer than the invuln you will survive it suffering 0 damage. Invulnerability will block power damage and condition damage, but it won't undo the effects of a power damage attack the way Invuln stops a condition attack that's already landed before the skill effects have any result.
  6. Conditions can be brute forced through with straight healing in ways power damage can't be. If you have 4k health and take a 5k power attack you go into down state. You die, you don't get to try to heal through that. If you have 4k health and take a 5k condition damage attack and your healing skill heals you for 5k, you can still cast your heal through the condition damage and at the end of it you'll still be at 4k health and you'll live, provided we aren't talking about poison in specific.

These are all ways conditions can be countered that don't apply to power damage due to the over time nature of condition damage. Power damage has it's own weaknesses; toughness, protection, weakness, % incoming damage reduction through things like traits (Which tend to be minor like 10% max while the traits that reducing incoming condition damage or duration tend to be 20%-30%). I also don't think there's any runes in the game that provide a flat -25% passive incoming power damage reduction the way there are for conditions.

Not to mention that condition attacks still operate on the same principals as power damage and are just as avoidable with evades, blocks, blinds, preemptive invuln. Conditions have never been this unstoppable thing that's just impossible to avoid. There's more counter play to conditions but I'd still say they both have plenty of counter play.

I will say the randomness of weakness does feel particularly bad to suffer under for power builds. I wouldn't mind seeing weakness instead of being a 50% chance to deal a glancing blow to be a flat -40% outgoing power damage to nip some of the randomness out of it. I'm actually not sure the exact dps number weakness actually cuts power damage. 50% chance to glance, glancing blows do -50% lower damage and lose all critical damage not sure exactly what percentage damage reduction that ultimately comes out on average.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:What if weakness reduced the duration of half of the applied conditions by % maybe 50 maybe lower.

should cleansing heal back all the damage you took recently?should resistance make you 100% immune to power damage?Find out on the next episode of forum in a nutshell.BTW power builds are starting to dominate over condi builds again, yet you people keep thinking up elaborate ways to nerf condi every time.If condi builds become a problem you take resist or rev rune and you are fine, or slot more cleanse. If power builds like rev/thief overperfor then there is no counterplay to that lul

Cleanse heals now?

@zealex.9410 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:What if weakness reduced the duration of half of the applied conditions by % maybe 50 maybe lower.

should cleansing heal back all the damage you took recently?should resistance make you 100% immune to power damage?Find out on the next episode of forum in a nutshell.BTW power builds are starting to dominate over condi builds again, yet you people keep thinking up elaborate ways to nerf condi every time.If condi builds become a problem you take resist or rev rune and you are fine, or slot more cleanse. If power builds like rev/thief overperfor then there is no counterplay to that lul

Cleanse heals now?

reading and understanding failed you friend

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Cleanse heals now?

reading and understanding failed you friend

I guess missed smth that made that make sense mb.

There are already several ways to counter conditions. You can adjust the numbers on those to balance. Condicleanse, condi transfer, resistance, barrier, raw healing... why would you need a 6th way, this is already too complicated as it is.

@Vancho.8750 said:

Pretty much.

Takes part in discussion, pretends he doesn't know what the other guy is talking about. Congrats, bro! You win the internet!

@Bazsi.2734 said:

There are already several ways to counter conditions. You can adjust the numbers on those to balance. Condicleanse, condi transfer, resistance, barrier, raw healing... why would you need a 6th way, this is already too complicated as it is.You forgot Auras but everyone forgot that those even exist or even what they do.Idk currently weakness doesn't do anything against pure condition builds its just there.

@Vancho.8750 said:

There are already several ways to counter conditions. You can adjust the numbers on those to balance. Condicleanse, condi transfer, resistance, barrier, raw healing... why would you need a 6th way, this is already too complicated as it is.You forgot Auras but everyone forgot that those even exist or even what they do.Idk currently weakness doesn't do anything against pure condition builds its just there.

it reduces endurance regeneration and reduces power damage.suprise, condi builds run usually carrior with 900 power.My condi mes deals I guess about ~20-25% of its damage as power damage and relies on its dodge.Weakness is MUCH weaker against condi builds but its not useless.

EDITIn similar note, condi cleanse is not useless against power builds.Removing fear,immob,cripple,chill,weakness,blind and vulnerability is important too and when you have build like holo that can run 20-25might they can still apply 2k+ condi damage simply due to hight might.