Meta wil be worse without condi revs heres why

Condi rev was keeping in check these 2 button condi builds like condi thief and burn guard that can 100-0 you instantly if you dont have a decent amount of cleanse. Now other easier side node builds like core guard, renegade, ranger ( with passive pet ccs , passive dmg) will take its place. Condi rev was actually not hard to fight if u knew how the class worked, i was able to beat condi revs on a power thief, power rev, symbolbrand, power soulbeast. A bad condi rev would still die very fast to thief +1 aswell cuz u could easely steal into their block and kill them pretty easely. Some side node builds r legit not killable even if the player is rly bad cuz its way too tanky, like core ranger with protect me and passive pet ccs, they just afk on node while the pet is taxing your health and you can lose a 1v1 because you got hit by a random cc that interupts your heal.

It was a healthy side node build aside from the fact that it was shutting down some condi builds too hard which they should have nerfed res uptime by 20-30% and not 60% making it a low damage build, low moblity and also low sustain.

We all know there is not enough cleanse in this game and condis are way overtuned to have any sort of counter play against them, alot of condi builds barely have an animation and once u get condi bombed, even if u heal u still gonna die cuz condis are ticking theres just not enough counterplay. The fact that condi rev became a side noder just proves how broken condis are in this game.

I hope you all will enjoy pvp with tons of burn guards and condi thieves, and symbol core guard, rangers and renegades as side noders dropping aoe on node while being afk. The truth is once u nerf something, other things that are far more toxic will become meta and take its place.

@Skyronight.6370 said:I hope you all will enjoy pvp with tons of burn guards and condi thieves, and symbol core guard, rangers and renegadas as side noders dropping aoe on node while being afk. The truth is once u nerf something, other things that are far more toxic will become meta and take its place.

So other builds will rise. Then those builds will get balanced and again other builds will rise.

Potential change or cycling of what is fotm is never an excuse not to balance.

As someone who played burn guardian, I never viewed condi rev as a threat. Condi cleanse > resistance.

Burn guardian (core at least) viability stops at G3. That will never change unless core guardian gets a mobility buff.

I keep hearing about condi thief but never see it played. I do not play enough (actually close to at all now). So maybe it is. Not that it had any interaction with condi rev.

Some dumber condibuilds might get into the meta, sure. Will it be worse though? Absolutely not. 2 button condi bursts are so much easier to deal with!For example burn guardian gets 90% of burning from F1 procs, for every third they land on you. You need to tank 20-30+ hits to get enough burnstacks that can 100-0 you. Literally anything else can kill you in 20-30 hits. The same way you outplayed condirev, you outplay burnguard. I'd argue it's even easier. Steal into their heal, dont camp in their symbols, etc.Condithief was toned down somewhat, so you can definitely get a heal/cleanse off before it downs you. Don't have tools to deal with condiburst? Don't 1v1 it, stay out of its reach in teamfights.

Condirev might be overnerfed now, they took away both its damage and sustain. However, the build was extremely unfun to play against after the february update. It erased literally all other condibuilds from the meta, and you had to resort to insane CC-spam just to mitigate some of their condition pressure. So while this is bad balance, I'm still glad the build is basicly dead.

I'm more interested in what new sidenoder builds will rise now that the so dominant condi rev is significantly weaker. People say condi builds will be stronger but who knows, maybe side noding turns into a more aggressive meta and warriors start to pop around? Maybe soulbeast gets back into the scene? Condi, power? Hell, maybe even holosmith turns back into a more sidenodey meta, with the grenades and mobility nerfs. Honestly, right now it is impossible to say for sure.

@Sorem.9157 said:I'm more interested in what new sidenoder builds will rise now that the so dominant condi rev is significantly weaker. People say condi builds will be stronger but who knows, maybe side noding turns into a more aggressive meta and warriors start to pop around? Maybe soulbeast gets back into the scene? Condi, power? Hell, maybe even holosmith turns back into a more sidenodey meta, with the grenades and mobility nerfs. Honestly, right now it is impossible to say for sure.There is this bunker scourge thing for some reason that does the same that rev did, counters melee power by corrupting everything and putting all the cc conditions and cleansing all possible conditions put on it, hope the cd nerf keeps it from being borked, but who knows, people just like the laziest builds ever to make the game miserable for everyone.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Sorem.9157 said:I'm more interested in what new sidenoder builds will rise now that the so dominant condi rev is significantly weaker. People say condi builds will be stronger but who knows, maybe side noding turns into a more aggressive meta and warriors start to pop around? Maybe soulbeast gets back into the scene? Condi, power? Hell, maybe even holosmith turns back into a more sidenodey meta, with the grenades and mobility nerfs. Honestly, right now it is impossible to say for sure.There is this bunker scourge thing for some reason that does the same that rev did, counters melee power by corrupting everything and putting all the cc conditions and cleansing all possible conditions put on it, hope the cd nerf keeps it from being borked, but who knows, people just like the laziest builds ever to make the game miserable for everyone.

As much as Scourge can soak up a lot of damage it will never see much use as a solo sidenoder for the simple fact that it can be easily shutdown by a +1, due to having no channeled blocks/invulns, low mobility, little access to stab and stunbreaks. Scourges cannot disengage or rotate fast when necessary and until that is addressed, it won't see much use outside of teamfights where the other players can cover up for those weaknesses.

My opinion on the matter, at least.

@Sorem.9157 said:I'm more interested in what new sidenoder builds will rise now that the so dominant condi rev is significantly weaker. People say condi builds will be stronger but who knows, maybe side noding turns into a more aggressive meta and warriors start to pop around? Maybe soulbeast gets back into the scene? Condi, power? Hell, maybe even holosmith turns back into a more sidenodey meta, with the grenades and mobility nerfs. Honestly, right now it is impossible to say for sure.

The mobility nerf on Holo was absolutely pathetic. Getting Superspeed every 4 seconds over 2 will do nothing to slow them down when it still cleanses all movement condi from you and is still easily spammable. Before anyone goes 'It was a 100% CD nerf!', going from 2 seconds to 4 is quite possibly one of the most baby handed nerfs possible.

@Sorem.9157 said:

As much as Scourge can soak up a lot of damage it will never see much use as a solo sidenoder for the simple fact that it can be easily shutdown by a +1, due to having no channeled blocks/invulns, low mobility, little access to stab and stunbreaks. Scourges cannot disengage or rotate fast when necessary and until that is addressed, it won't see much use outside of teamfights where the other players can cover up for those weaknesses.

My opinion on the matter, at least.Hope you are right cause i don't think i can handle another scourge meta the start of PoF was too traumatic.

Still dont really understand Anet again.

People complain in the forums about CondiRevs sustain -> sustain gets nerfedComplains stopped COMPLETELY -> sustain (resistance) gets nerfed again. This was completely unnecessary

Condi rev will stay meta, doesnt matter how bad it is or will be. It cant be removed out of the meta, without changing meta from condi/bunker to power again.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Skyronight.6370 said:I hope you all will enjoy pvp with tons of burn guards and condi thieves, and symbol core guard, rangers and renegadas as side noders dropping aoe on node while being afk. The truth is once u nerf something, other things that are far more toxic will become meta and take its place.

So other builds will rise. Then those builds will get balanced and again other builds will rise.

Potential change or cycling of what is fotm is never an excuse not to balance.

They will get balanced.

Needing 6 months going from broken to op and another 6 going from op to almost not op.

Thing about ranger and especially symbol guard is that they were, even played as full tank like nature magic ranger or dh symbol guard, they were half as good when plussed. To even be effective on these builds you need to kite extremely well when plussed, meanwhile condi rev could not only survive a plus but barely kite and sometimes not actually kite at all skillfully and still survive 1v2, which is kind of wild and let even a full tank build carry ranked very well becuz even just semi experienced played would survive forever in matches where a full bunker ranger would’ve died 3 times.

@Sorem.9157 said:I'm more interested in what new sidenoder builds will rise now that the so dominant condi rev is significantly weaker. People say condi builds will be stronger but who knows, maybe side noding turns into a more aggressive meta and warriors start to pop around? Maybe soulbeast gets back into the scene? Condi, power? Hell, maybe even holosmith turns back into a more sidenodey meta, with the grenades and mobility nerfs. Honestly, right now it is impossible to say for sure.

My guess is guard will be the next hated thing. And I suspect holo or scrapper will still be busted.

@otto.5684 said:As someone who played burn guardian, I never viewed condi rev as a threat. Condi cleanse > resistance.

Burn guardian (core at least) viability stops at G3. That will never change unless core guardian gets a mobility buff.

I keep hearing about condi thief but never see it played. I do not play enough (actually close to at all now). So maybe it is. Not that it had any interaction with condi rev.

interesting viewmyself being p2 on burn guardian this season, condi revs are the absolute worst counter to burn guardsyou can only avoid mallyx f2 with RF, so im curious how perm resistance with unevadable f2 is not a threat

All they had to do is remove Resistance from Fiendish Tenacity, they've ruined the whole legend playability outside of core in PvP. Mallyx has weak damage and it's sustain with Demonic Defiance and Spirit Boon was the only redeeming factor to allow damage because energy exists. 1 second is not enough to accomplish anything, let alone survive properly on the legend that's very vulnerable to CC.

Transfers were just a bulk of punishment for people who facerolled their damage into the sustain, to which I agree'd a thousand time the radius should have been nerfed while Permeating have it's numbers restored to 3 considering the telegraph.

If they were to actually give 2 seconds of Resistance baseline on Empowering Misery, it would already alleviate the biggest problem this legend has, it cannot be efficient without Demonic Defiance because of this lack of Resistance. Having to spend 40% energy to Heal properly is asking for too much and having it telegraphed under legend swap was even more.

@DonNee.5128 said:

@otto.5684 said:As someone who played burn guardian, I never viewed condi rev as a threat. Condi cleanse > resistance.

interesting viewmyself being p2 on burn guardian this season, condi revs are the absolute worst counter to burn guardsyou can only avoid mallyx f2 with RF, so im curious how perm resistance with unevadable f2 is not a threat

Resistance uptime is not 100% (not even close to that). In that window if shield is on CD the rev has no condi removal at all. On the other hand, I am running smite, CoP, smite on heal and virtues line picking the 5 condi removal. Burn guardian is much more susceptible to power than condi damage. Guardian in general as well.

To be clear, I don’t think burn core guardian Has much viability (for other factors), but it has little issues with condi damage.

@otto.5684 said:

Resistance uptime is not 100% (not even close to that). In that window if shield is on CD the rev has no condi removal at all. On the other hand, I am running smite, CoP, smite on heal and virtues line picking the 5 condi removal. Burn guardian is much more susceptible to power than condi damage. Guardian in general as well.

To be clear, I don’t think burn core guardian Has much viability (for other factors), but it has little issues with condi damage.

i dont disagree with this actually, but for prenerf resistance you could easily have on demand resistance all the timeas for now, pain absorption in a teamfight still gives 5+ sec of resistance and f2 isnt changed so high burn remains riskyguards can have great on demand cleanses as well ye, cant argue with that

....you are high, plat + condi rev destroy any burn guard ever existed. resistance is perfect because so rev can save up burn stacks and transfer it back to guard

@felix.2386 said:

....you are high, plat + condi rev destroy any burn guard ever existed. resistance is perfect because so rev can save up burn stacks and transfer it back to guard

If you're self aware, Resistance is pointless to have and so are transfers. There's no reason to dump everything when Herald Condition is on the defensive just to have it all tossed back to you afterwards.

The reason why it worked is because people faceroll everything into 5 seconds of Resistance and then expect it to work, it only gets worst when they have their transfer up because there's only one way to reliably transfer good conditions and it's stacking them, you can only stack them with Resistance and Resistance is pointless to have if the conditions it nullifies are as little as possible. Now there's no Resistance at all and so people can just faceroll altogether, Mallyx became an useless legend again rather than being properly nerfed where the REAL problem is.

Aka, if people cared. This wouldn't be a problem. The average doesn't care to play well.

@felix.2386 said:

If that was the case, why condi rev has not been relevant till after the Feb patch? The resistance access and condi transfer have always been the same (until this patch cut). Back when mirage was meta, and even out performing, no one used condi rev as counter. No resistance, was never ever preferred over condi cleanse and never will. Condi cleanse is not subject to RIP, it has much easier on demand use and has no down time, beside CD. And much of it (at least for guardian) has no cast time and can be used even while CCed. Ya, core condi guardian sucks in platinum, but not cuz it has issue with condi classes. And pre Feb patch any burn FB, condi mirage, necro or weaver would have mopped the floor with condi rev.

@otto.5684 said:

If that was the case, why condi rev has not been relevant till after the Feb patch? The resistance access and condi transfer have always been the same (until this patch cut). Back when mirage was meta, and even out performing, no one used condi rev as counter. No resistance, was never ever preferred over condi cleanse and never will. Condi cleanse is not subject to RIP, it has much easier on demand use and has no down time, beside CD. And much of it (at least for guardian) has no cast time and can be used even while CCed. Ya, core condi guardian sucks in platinum, but not cuz it has issue with condi classes. And pre Feb patch any burn FB, condi mirage, necro or weaver would have mopped the floor with condi rev.

? because meta isn't evolved around burn guard?condi rev trash burn guard has nothing to do with why it's meta or not.because burn guard is a meme.

also you realize power build trashes condi rev before feb 25, for how many damage power builds output right?man you really clueless...