The newest meta is awesome and I thoroughly enjoyed it

Zacchary.6183

First time getting through it. Its long but there is nothing I have to gripe about.......... except for one serious problem towards the end.The final fight of the new meta has a waypoint less than 30 seconds from it. Its a blue circle. You click it when you die. Please click it when you die. You have no excuse to not waypoint in the final fight of the meta because the waypoint is right there. Please waypoint when you die. Thank you.

Otherwise, I love new content and find nothing wrong with it.

@Zacchary.6183 said:First time getting through it. Its long but there is nothing I have to gripe about.......... except for one serious problem towards the end.The final fight of the new meta has a waypoint less than 30 seconds from it. Its a blue circle. You click it when you die. Please click it when you die. You have no excuse to not waypoint in the final fight of the meta because the waypoint is right there. Please waypoint when you die. Thank you.

Do you have to complete the first meta for this to start? Also what happened with the champion run after the first meta?

@Solanum.6983 said:I haven't been able to try it yet. I don't know why but every drizzlewood map I've been on nobody or very few are actually trying to contribute to even the first meta.

To be honest you aren't missing much. It's just a straightforward zergfest with no interesting mechanics

However, you should be given the chance to make up your own mind. But like most metas, do not expect to just get into a map and hope for a group. It is imperative to use the lfg to taxi into a map. I was doing it in the ealy hours of last night (EU) and there were tons of groups doing it. You will find just going to a map as normal is likely just full of people doing story or exploring for achievements

Yesterday I was excited to play the new episode's meta. Before reading spoilers, I wandered around in the new map wondering where in the heck it was. Since I did not have 2+ hours to devote to doing the first meta ALL OVER AGAIN, I never got to it. Frankly I'm not feeling very inspired today either. We shouldn't have to re-play a previous episode's content to play the current one's.

@tinyasian.8941 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:First time getting through it. Its long but there is nothing I have to gripe about.......... except for one serious problem towards the end.The final fight of the new meta has a waypoint less than 30 seconds from it. Its a blue circle. You click it when you die. Please click it when you die. You have no excuse to not waypoint in the final fight of the meta because the waypoint is right there. Please waypoint when you die. Thank you.

Do you have to complete the first meta for this to start? Also what happened with the champion run after the first meta?

Yes and the second meta happens after the champ run.

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:Yesterday I was excited to play the new episode's meta. Before reading spoilers, I wandered around in the new map wondering where in the heck it was. Since I did not have 2+ hours to devote to doing the first meta ALL OVER AGAIN, I never got to it. Frankly I'm not feeling very inspired today either. We shouldn't have to re-play a previous episode's content to play the current one's.

Having one long meta dependant on finishing another long meta is not the best of ideas - I don't think this will go down well

@Braynz.2906 said:

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:Yesterday I was excited to play the new episode's meta. Before reading spoilers, I wandered around in the new map wondering where in the heck it was. Since I did not have 2+ hours to devote to doing the first meta ALL OVER AGAIN, I never got to it. Frankly I'm not feeling very inspired today either. We shouldn't have to re-play a previous episode's content to play the current one's.

Having one long meta dependant on finishing another long meta is not the best of ideas - I don't think this will go down wellYep, I've stopped playing Drizzlewood weeks ago because I was bored with the meta. Weeks before that, I stopped participating in the 40 chest run at the end for the same reason. I'm not at all inclined to start playing it again. I'll probably spend a few minutes trying to get into a map where the meta is in an advanced state whenever I log on, and find something else to do if that doesn't work out.

I thought the new northern assault portion of the meta was fun. It's definitely a non-stop action rush to assault the citadel and claw with no stopping to catch your breath anywhere along the way. I did feel a bit trolled by some of the cache keeper rooms between the meta phases having fewer caches, and some having none at all. But considering the number of caches that appear after the northern assault is done, that likely makes sense.

My only complaint is about how long the combined meta is. Dedicating that much of a block of time to run a meta from beginning to end is a challenge. It makes me try to find a map that is farther along and if I cannot find a map that is farther along, I'll give up and go do something else. I think now that the northern assault is added, the dev team should see if there's a way to creatively shorten the southern portion so it's still engaging, but won't take nearly as much time.

@Orion Templar.4589 said:I think now that the northern assault is added, the dev team should see if there's a way to creatively shorten the southern portion so it's still engaging, but won't take nearly as much time.

Or make the two metas independant - like Bjora Marches.Get everyone to muster at the Forward Camp in Legions' Alcove and assault from there.

All in all the entire map seems like it takes around two hours to complete. I am not sure how I feel about this, but I'm leaning towards 'good'; I really like engaging content that while not necessarily difficult, takes a good time to develop. Southern meta was competitive and I'm not sure if northern meta is competitive but at a glance it seems to be, especially as there's a non-RNG infusion to add value to time spent here.

I can totally understand if someone doesn't like the map because it takes so long to get to the Claw of Jormag but honestly I don't think I would want it to be changed to address that. There are already so many maps with metas that offer that 'in and out, 15 minute adventure' feel; you can hop onto a HoT train, you can hop onto a PoF/LS4 meta train for a meta or two, or you can hop into Silverwastes, Dragonstand or Dragonfall for half an hour or an hour.

What I'd really like to see would be something like Silverwastes Hero that says "you've been on this map for a fair while so we've scaled up your rewards" or "you've finished North meta, so now mobs in South meta will drop Dominion/Frost Legion commendations".

I probably wouldn't mind if the end fight and battle through the Citadel made it worth it - in the same way I can push through DS because the fights vary up the mechanics and the final boss is a fantastically animated model. The Claw of Jormag here is a less interesting fight than the original and the fight through the Citadel has a promise which isn't quite realised (I do like the Phalanx though).

There just seems to be a decline in meta quality over the years and boss fights in general. If you look at Tequatl, Gerent, Vineflower/Marionette, Triple Trouble - whatever the perceived difficulty, there was a gneuine attempt to put in unique or interesting mechanics that were appropriate to the fight. Then we get Kamadan, Death Branded Shatterer, Thunderhead, Drakkar and new Claw of Jormag which feel like definite downgrades in terms of design and are ultimately just zergfests polluted with extreme visual noise that Anet refuses steadfastly to never address or acknowledge.

The first meta - whilst long, is actually a pretty cool idea. I don't think it's the strongest map-wide meta when you compare it to Dragon Stand, Silverwastes and even DragonFall, but it still works, it rewards well, tells a strong story and is quite good fun. The second meta picks up from it, then seems to do nothing new or exciting.

I do wish the devs would look at their better designs from the past and try to inspire themselves to do better

Having the same problem like others that nobody is doing anything to contribute to the meta and most lfg groups are full maps anyways and they even advertise it as full then. I don't see why you would advertise for a full map. Either remove it or don't host at all.Anyways, it's a shame that nobody wants to do the new map meta as it's quite very profitable (got about 100g from just one run).I really enjoyed the "old" one and the new extension because it kinda feels immersive to me considering the lore behind the whole thing. Maybe I might enjoy this a lot more because of how much gold you can get out of the whole thing. :tongue:

The first Meta almost post me asleep and the second part didn't help me getting less sleepy.The 150 minutes exposure of pure, eye-hurting particle spam didn't help either.I couldn't even see half of the sources that damaged my HP.

I'm not looking forward to repeating this 9 times.

@Fueki.4753 said:The first Meta almost post me asleep and the second part didn't help me getting less sleepy.The 150 minutes exposure of pure, eye-hurting particle spam didn't help either.I couldn't even see half of the sources that damaged my HP.

Oh God yes! The flashiness. It hurts my eyes even more and everything goes down to 20 fps from 120+ which makes this even more a mess. I hate that everyone has to be a walking disco ball and be showing off these days. The flashy effects of the skills are bad enough. I really wish there was an option to hide legendary backpacks, legendary weapons, infusions and legendary armor effects from other players because that shit makes everything 100% worse.This game has sadly become a flashy glittery sfx abomination. :(

@Cynder.2509 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:The first Meta almost post me asleep and the second part didn't help me getting less sleepy.The 150 minutes exposure of pure, eye-hurting particle spam didn't help either.I couldn't even see half of the sources that damaged my HP.

Oh God yes! The flashiness. It hurts my eyes even more and everything goes down to 20 fps from 120+ which makes this even more a mess. I hate that everyone has to be a walking disco ball and be showing off these days. The flashy effects of the skills are bad enough. I really wish there was an option to hide legendary backpacks, legendary weapons, infusions and legendary armor effects from other players because that kitten makes everything 100% worse.This game has sadly become a flashy glittery sfx abomination. :(

Just reduce the number of character models.

But it’s really way too long. Wonder if it’s worth it at all.

@"Cynder.2509" said:Having the same problem like others that nobody is doing anything to contribute to the meta and most lfg groups are full maps anyways and they even advertise it as full then. I don't see why you would advertise for a full map. Either remove it or don't host at all.Anyways, it's a shame that nobody wants to do the new map meta as it's quite very profitable (got about 100g from just one run).I really enjoyed the "old" one and the new extension because it kinda feels immersive to me considering the lore behind the whole thing. Maybe I might enjoy this a lot more because of how much gold you can get out of the whole thing. :tongue:

I'd give it a couple of days before you say no one wants to do the meta. People are still doing story and completion and achievements, not necessarily the meta right away. I know i don't. It's only out one day so far.

And you have full servers you can't get into so someone is doing the meta.

The northern part of the map is gorgeous, and I happily charge around it, and currently am glad the run around for chests after let's you wander it. That could lose its novelty after awhile.The zerg definitely trivializes mechanics, and the lag is bad, but hopefully that'll alleviate itself as people move away.
Having said all that though, I had a genuine feeling of excitement charging as a group towards one of the Ice Giants. I think it was at that time someone's speech bubble said it felt like WOW's Lich King Raid.I failed to understand where the scrap for the cannons can be found in my one playthrough, and the conversion process really needs VO to set the story and the mood.
I think the Claw fight could really have done with a Boss camera, like Shadow Behemoth. It's hard to have it in your field of vision as you rush to the different corners of the stage, or looking for boulders against its wind attack. Apparently I have to relearn you keep your eyes on the big dangerous creature breathing ice at you.We see some added use out of the Drakkar rig here. Will need to change up the stomping attacks if used again. It's been done.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@"Cynder.2509" said:Having the same problem like others that nobody is doing anything to contribute to the meta and most lfg groups are full maps anyways and they even advertise it as full then. I don't see why you would advertise for a full map. Either remove it or don't host at all.Anyways, it's a shame that nobody wants to do the new map meta as it's quite very profitable (got about 100g from just one run).I really enjoyed the "old" one and the new extension because it kinda feels immersive to me considering the lore behind the whole thing. Maybe I might enjoy this a lot more because of how much gold you can get out of the whole thing. :tongue:

I'd give it a couple of days before you say no one wants to do the meta. People are still doing story and completion and achievements, not necessarily the meta right away. I know i don't. It's only out one day so far.

And you have full servers you can't get into so someone is doing the meta.

Ah, I thought people were already done with them, at least all the fellow "hardcore" players. I finished that stuff already so I have time for everything else now.Only got like 3 achievements left from the 38 total which are tied to the meta stuff anyways so that's why I was mainly focusing on the meta.Let's see how things work out in a few days even though I hate waiting to get all the achivements done and not be among the first to complete the whole thing like always.

@"tinyasian.8941" said:But it’s really way too long. Wonder if it’s worth it at all.If they didn't hide too many Mastery Points behind it, I wouldn't bother with it at all.

4 MP from the original commendation "achievements".1 MP from killing all the randomized Cache Keepers.2 MP from the new commendation "achievements"1 for killing the Claw 10 times.1 MP from the channelling point inside the Citadel.

If I forgot one mastery point that's hopelessly intertwined with this Meta, please someone tell me.

Finally having completed it today, I did rather enjoy it.

For me, it seemed to have the same "theme" as Dragonfall: the Commander and Co. are sneaking in the ruins (Commander and Co. are entering Kralk), and the Pact/Legion forces are assaulting the keep proper (Almorra leading the physical destruction of Kralk's body).

Further, this is kind of the theme everyone - and I use that term lightly - seemed to want, which was more "meta maps" after PoF was decried for being boring, although after HoT "everyone" wanted core Tyria maps with more local events, etc.

Just can't seem to please everyone. Not every map can be the best. There were some strong points and some weak points, and some pacing issues.

And while I don't know if I'll always enjoy it, I can see myself popping in once a while to run the meta if I have the extra time to spare.