Jormag Rising.

Niteraven.1372

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I've only played the story so far, so the new meta is a bit unclear to me. Do we have to complete the No Quarter meta before we can start the Jormag Rising meta? If so, that's... not something I want to do. That will be a once and done thing for me. I'm done with that first meta. Please tell me this is not how this works.

I am so sick of the first Drizzlewood Coast meta. This next one may be one and done for me too.

The first drizzlewood meta finishes a lot faster now.

OK, that's really good news. Thank you!

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I've only played the story so far, so the new meta is a bit unclear to me. Do we have to complete the No Quarter meta before we can start the Jormag Rising meta? If so, that's... not something I want to do. That will be a once and done thing for me. I'm done with that first meta. Please tell me this is not how this works.

I am so sick of the first Drizzlewood Coast meta. This next one may be one and done for me too.

Yeah it has a dragons tand vibe now and the made the first part faster to acomodate the inclusion of part 2.

Sadly the scaling is still a meme and everything just melts.

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:

You are still looking at a good hour to an hour and a half time investment depending on group experience. Think the squad I was in took about an hour and a quarter from start to killing the Claw (where almost everyone wiped at 2% boss health..)

I preferred the story in this release over the previous. Charr felt more charrish and less human. The events in A simple negotiation were unexpected but at least fixed some questionable character directions made in the previous one. It wasnt anything spectacular, but given how much I hated No quarters story, I am happy with this.

The map itself is just more of the same. I am meh about it. Its good enough as filler content. Final boss battle was disappointing, literally just another 'smack the foot' boss and no more innovative than the original jormag we had 7 yrs ago. I was hoping for them to incorporate some of the advancements they have made in content design and combat to at least make it interesting. Reusing drakkars model was pretty bad too. We already have a full claw of jormag model so why chop him in half?The keep wasnt a very visually impressive area. Was hoping for more ice palace than frozen dredge base. I still think the rest of the map is beautiful and its my favorite of all maps from a purely aesthetic point.

I really dont like how the old meta needs to fully complete to start the new. I appreciate they have made participation easier to get, so its more of a drop in and out type of map, but 2 hours to complete the full meta is pretty extreme for a LW map. The WvW feel they were going for has failed IMO. The whole point of WvW is the back and forth between enemies capping bases but the dominion charrs are never a real threat and dont even push back in the new meta. Defeats the purpose.

The new adventures are half baked imo. The OX one is ok and fits well enough with the adventure model. The eagle one was disappointing, it should have been alot more challenging. The wolverine is literally just a boss fight instance that they called an adventure, it feels out of place and should have been just a story mission/strike imo.

Finally im disappointed there was no new fractal OR strike in this release. They could have easily made wolverine a strike boss without much effort. I am also still waiting on the legendary armory each release which seems to be never coming.

I was all right with this chapter. The characters felt more in-character and I didn't feel like I was being tugged around. I'm not sure how I feel about the map because nothing ever happened with the new half while I was there and I didn't feel like sticking around when I realized there were another three new masteries to learn and I've been stretching myself to my limits gathering the points to finish them as it is.

In the end, though, I just felt... like all I've done this season is passively observe an origin story video for the real plot. Even one of the last moments in the story, which was suggested to me might have supposed to have been a twist, was functionally what I predicted for the characters in a post I made when Bound by Blood came out.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:I got excited for a min in the story where it sounded like you were going to divert your story to go with Smodur or to go with Braham, and it didn’t exactly happen that way. Would have been cool for replayability of the story if there were different paths like they made it sound.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:I got excited for a min in the story where it sounded like you were going to divert your story to go with Smodur or to go with Braham, and it didn’t exactly happen that way. Would have been cool for replayability of the story if there were different paths like they made it sound.

Sadly they abandoned the branching paths of classic guild wars 2

@LucianDK.8615 said:

I was sure we got a choice, but in the end I was just disappointed instead of chocked by the event that follow (no spoiler)

@rylien.3824 said:Then we understand nothing: one blow the owl is alive, one blow it is no more: have had no revelation...Uhh Owl is still alive, not sure where you got the idea it died immediatly after it was revealed to still be alive

@rylien.3824 said:So I noticed a strange thing... there was "epilogue" at the last instance, would it be over? Season 5 is over? If so, I am disappointed. And in addition, it would like to say that Jormag for Cantha... OMG...@"Aaralyna.3104" said:The ending of the story is vague, suddenly you see a few seconds "epilogue" before ported (so the next we get is an expansion?).Nope, there's still 4 more episodes, and probably two more Visions of the Past type updates before the next expansion comes out. This is only the half way mark of Icebrood Saga.

@"zealex.9410" said:

Bangar was done dirty like Lazarus was done dirty like balthazar was done dirty like Joko was done dirty (the only redeaming factor is that they killed him in his height so he didnt live long enough to become a bad villain and lets not even talk about smoldur.

I really want to know, what did you expect to happen to Bangar if this is "doing him dirty"? The dude was the major baddy for nearly a full year, the central focus of 5 releases, and his fate was a fitting irony given his nature. There is no non-dirtyer way they could have done it.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

I've got to say though, of all the fake-outs they've done on branching choices, that was the most effective one yet. They used it well.

Well, I'm... not pleased with this story chapter. Right now, I don't even feel like logging in again, that's how disconnected this story chapter has made me feel. It might get better when they add the VA, but I don't think it'll be enough. (And I even waited the whole night to see if my dissatisfaction would tone down. It's worse now.)

(I'm not sure this is the main cause of my displeasure but) The thing with Smodur just felt so cheaply done... Like - "hey, let's not give them all of our leaders in one place" then Ryland pops up in a place with all the leaders together and takes out ONE of them. And then, the worst kitten in this episode "sure, let's ignore the Iron Legion's second-in-command (what's Anet's problem with them, is that some kind of second-in-command phobia?) and every other next-in-command and make them follow this guy from another Legion who was an enemy a few months ago" and they apparently actually DO follow this former enemy quite happily. What. The. Kitten.

Honestly, it feels like a pretty shallow episode. Even shorter than usual. I stopped to fail at some At's for like an hour but if I had focused on the story it feels like I would have been done in 30 minutes. The only interesting thing happened at the end and even that just feels like set up for the next part. It's cool we got to see who we got to see, but it was kind of predicable from the start.

Bigger issue I believe is that the second half of the map just feels pointless. There's some extended woodlands area that seems to only exist for adventures and the second half of the map in general is small and seems to only really exist for the meta to take place. The meta that doesn't begin until the first half's meta is done. I get that you wanted to try something new, but I think people will quickly get tired of this.

I really love the jagged frozen area near the citadel but outside of the meta the whole area just seems barren and pointless. No events, and for a brief time you're completely locked out because of the damaging frost stuff. Honestly would have loved to see the whole second half of the map look like this area. Stunning area, but nothing there outside of meta...

It feels like this episode should have never been released in two parts. Probably would have gotten a lot of praise if it weren't.

I am quite enjoying this story. It is fun for us charr main! There are a lot of subtle details that can get lost for people if they are not very observant, though. Having no VA is unfortunate, but understandable.

Either way I am loving it and can see the devs have put a lot of work in the cinematics and other fun stuff in the map!

@Randulf.7614 said:

You are still looking at a good hour to an hour and a half time investment depending on group experience. Think the squad I was in took about an hour and a quarter from start to killing the Claw (where almost everyone wiped at 2% boss health..)

Ppl didnt expect the enrage.

@zealex.9410 said:

Ah is that what it was? By that point my interest had waned and the amount of visual noise going on made it too messy to follow. Was quite funny to see almost the entire squad downed

@Randulf.7614 said:

Ah is that what it was? By that point my interest had waned and the amount of visual noise going on made it too messy to follow. Was quite funny to see almost the entire squad downed

Dodmt get the visual noise from the encounter personally but i did drop my guard because the fight was not engaging.

The boss has like 2 attacks so i found it fairly easy to identify each.