Do you think Weakness should affect conditions too?

Vancho.8750

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:What if weakness reduced the duration of half of the applied conditions by % maybe 50 maybe lower.

There are already several ways to counter conditions. You can adjust the numbers on those to balance. Condicleanse, condi transfer, resistance, barrier, raw healing... why would you need a 6th way, this is already too complicated as it is.You forgot Auras but everyone forgot that those even exist or even what they do.Idk currently weakness doesn't do anything against pure condition builds its just there.

it reduces endurance regeneration and reduces power damage.suprise, condi builds run usually carrior with 900 power.My condi mes deals I guess about ~20-25% of its damage as power damage and relies on its dodge.Weakness is MUCH weaker against condi builds but its not useless.

EDITIn similar note, condi cleanse is not useless against power builds.Removing fear,immob,cripple,chill,weakness,blind and vulnerability is important too and when you have build like holo that can run 20-25might they can still apply 2k+ condi damage simply due to hight might.Well you have convinced me Weakness is an overloaded condition, it doesn't need more effects, it probably even needs nerfs.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:What if weakness reduced the duration of half of the applied conditions by % maybe 50 maybe lower.

There are already several ways to counter conditions. You can adjust the numbers on those to balance. Condicleanse, condi transfer, resistance, barrier, raw healing... why would you need a 6th way, this is already too complicated as it is.You forgot Auras but everyone forgot that those even exist or even what they do.Idk currently weakness doesn't do anything against pure condition builds its just there.

it reduces endurance regeneration and reduces power damage.suprise, condi builds run usually carrior with 900 power.My condi mes deals I guess about ~20-25% of its damage as power damage and relies on its dodge.Weakness is MUCH weaker against condi builds but its not useless.

EDITIn similar note, condi cleanse is not useless against power builds.Removing fear,immob,cripple,chill,weakness,blind and vulnerability is important too and when you have build like holo that can run 20-25might they can still apply 2k+ condi damage simply due to hight might.Well you have convinced me Weakness is an overloaded condition, it doesn't need more effects, it probably even needs nerfs.

chill and weakness are both really strong. and they can remain strong and be fine. My only beef with weakness its the RNG aspect of glancing hits.And since I play mesmer having chaos aura on me OR the enemy.... I have RNG to proc weakness that has RNG to lower your power damage....

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

chill and weakness are both really strong. and they can remain strong and be fine. My only beef with weakness its the RNG aspect of glancing hits.And since I play mesmer having chaos aura on me OR the enemy.... I have RNG to proc weakness that has RNG to lower your power damage....It is also RNG but not that RNG since on average is every second attack to reduce it damage by 75%, i'm no sure if there is anything else that can get to these numbers.

@Vancho.8750 said:

chill and weakness are both really strong. and they can remain strong and be fine. My only beef with weakness its the RNG aspect of glancing hits.And since I play mesmer having chaos aura on me OR the enemy.... I have RNG to proc weakness that has RNG to lower your power damage....It is also RNG but not that RNG since on average is every second attack to reduce it damage by 75%, i'm no sure if there is anything else that can get to these numbers.

they could just make weakness reduce power damage by flat 33% and get rid of the rng.Power mes burst from stealth consists off many small hits that add up, and let me tell you sometimes weakness doesnt do jack, and sometimes you eat like 80% glancing and 20% that landed didnt crit anyways. I would take reliability any day.