Vermillion Wings Gliders is everything I wanted. (Details inside) - [Merged]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Josiah.2967 said:You are so lucky. It took me 72 keys. I had a friend waste 250 keys and not get it. My fiance got it in 12. You can technically not get it in 1000 keys. Which is depressing. :-( I think you should always get a chose an uncommon reward at 100.

&

@Dog.1472 said:5 keys is insanely lucky

I bought 1600 gems for 20€, got the Pyre & Storm Gloves for 500 gems each and thought to myself why not invest 450 gems into 5 keys to try my luck lolCrazy, I thought they were just an uncommon drop

@"Felipe.1807" said:not my thing, think is kind of weird having a pair of wings on not being able to fly lol not only that, but it clips a lot with weapons...its like the Black/White Wings but 10 times more obnoxious since they are all shiny and stuff.

Agreed. People have always liked their (tacky) wings though, so the "fashion meta" hasn't shifted in the slightest. A.net just caters to that for profit. It's cool to see them give people what they want.

Guess I've been relatively lucky then! Bought 25 keys and I got them at the 16th try. At the 17th opening I also got the Raptor skin, that for me it's meh, but whatever. I also like the guaranteed pouches dropping exotic weapons with very rare chances of precursors, even if they basically drop garbage exotics you can get lucky and recoup some the cost of the keys (I made roughly 40g from them, not that much). As a side note I also dropped 1 Fear Dye via the Kralkatorrik Dye Kit, which may be worth some gold in the next months if it will regain some value.

Them choosing to make it a chest exclusive now instead of making it available for direct purchase from the gem store, which already sells cosmetics, really speaks volumes about the direction that the gaming industry is heading with cosmetics and lootboxes.

A recommendation to all players looking to get these wings:Check how many Statuettes you have saved up, if you have at least 50, buy a "Gold Black lion key" first from the Black lion merchant, although not a guaranteed drop, it is a higher chance than the standard key.