Rant on Fractal LFG in T1 When Working on Legendary Weapon Collection

I just wanna apologize if I post this in the wrong section.

I am working on Astralaria Volume III for the past day. I basically create a party under in T1 since I think it is not necessary to post it in the Master tier. At first, a random joins in the party and sees the achievement description. The guy is farming AP. However, the achievement quest for legendary is not unlocked unless it is bought from the NPC in Lions Arch. I specifically told him that and left. I didn't think of it too much so I created it again. Someone joins and leaves in a matter of seconds and I have to post it again. It happens again, so I create another party for the third time. A few minutes later, the party is full and I enter FotM. I didn't notice since I was doing something else when the party had ended up searching for any new members. This guy chose another fractal that I didn't specifically mention in my LFG description and changed it to the one I needed. He changed it up to the one he was trying to do. I spoke to him but I was greeted with dead silence and left. I am becoming a little more frustrated, so I thought of doing it later.

A few hours later, I made another LFG under T1 and someone effin' merged my party to people who were doing their dailies. I added in the description that I needed it for legendary collection and another person nuked my party. I am little salty at this point and started blocking people who were doing this. When I post it in T4, no one joins in, sigh. I am starting to hate quests that need any sort of party play. Idk whether these people are trolling or new since when I hover on their names they are offline. Some of them are new when I see that they have lower than 1k AP, but I cannot know whether they were trolling though it felt like one.

Anyways, I notice that any achievement collection for Sunrise legendary quickly fills up. Maybe not a lot of people are doing Astralaria collection. I basically chose to solo the thing although it took me longer than necessary, but I finally got the thing that I needed. Idk where to post it in LFG if I have to do another fractal quest for Astralaria's Vol IV, or am I doing something wrong?

I apologize I just wanna get this off my chest.

@"Tayga.3192" said:It's weird because I did my dusk collections with people.

I just named my LFG "Dusk 3 collection" and did all of the stuff with the one guy who joined in one or two hours or soI think I am just unlucky. I never had this problem before. I usually put in my description like "T1 6 Astralaria Vol III Collection" or "Astralaria Leg Collection - Volcanic".

Ahh, wish you posted it earlier I guess. I'm down for helping people do collections but LFG is not a great place to find people who want to do anything other than dailies. I'm on EU and completed the 4th Astralaria collection recently so most of it is still fresh in my mind - I ended up getting most of them just doing dailies and solo'ed a few of them when I didn't want to wait for them to cycle into the daily rotation.

T1 players are monstly new players, awkward ones, and generally are people that need guidance of the game. They probably thought the astralaria colleciton was a fractal thing and the proactive one went and selected the T1 daily when you were absent.

Its just a matter of explaining to them what are you doing and for what, I'd honestly just wait untl the fractal with the collection item becmes a daily so I can do it on T4s.There is a set list of fractals that happen in a 15 day cicle, you can check it in here:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists#Daily_Fractals

You're generally better off listing the fractal scale or waiting for it to be a daily/rec. I typically join T1/T2 fractals to help people out when they list them on LFG just to test builds that work but might not be optimal (for example, I wouldn't run power boon chrono in T4s but I would use it to help out T2 players who have lower damage).Nobody knows or cares why you're doing the level unless you are listing it in the T4 LFG with a T1 fractal that isn't a rec for the day. It's actually detrimental to your LFG unless you list the scale. For example if you put Astralaria collection, people assume that they will get the collection done if they have not even started the collection or are not eligible for it.

@Wolfb.7025 I don't mind helping new players. I sometimes drop by in T1 to give pointers to people new in certain fractals like in sirens reef. I specifically sometimes add in my description that I need it for Legendary and I do not need dailies since I have done them already.

I do fractals on a daily basis, so I am aware of the rotation. Sometimes I just want continue working on the collection when I have everything done except for the ones with fractals in them.

I apologize but thank you for reading my rant. That is out of the way and working on the last collection.

@Besetment.9187 said:Ahh, wish you posted it earlier I guess. I'm down for helping people do collections but LFG is not a great place to find people who want to do anything other than dailies. I'm on EU and completed the 4th Astralaria collection recently so most of it is still fresh in my mind - I ended up getting most of them just doing dailies and solo'ed a few of them when I didn't want to wait for them to cycle into the daily rotation.

I am on NA. I have noticed that as well and people do dailies or recs than some extra fracs. I am working on Astralaria for now and holding off Ad Infinitum. It seems that it is harder to find people who are doing T3 CMs imo. I see them posted in T4 instead of T3 iirc. T4 is more populated when it comes to T3, so I kind of understand. I haven't checked the collection for the rest of Ad Infinitum collection.

I am taking my time for the last collection and I apologize but thank you for reading.

I'm sorry to hear that. I recently completed my astalaria collection and I managed to get 2 people in who were also doing collections for leggies. So we just ended up doing all our required fractals together. People are more willing to help sometimes if you offer to scracth their back as well.

• 2 weeks later...