If now you could remove : Rabid Amulet, it would be great thanks

We removed : Knight, Cavalier...why is Rabid still inside the mode when it should have been removed alongside those other tanky amulets? Today I have decided to give PvP a try after months.....oh boy I regret that decision now, within 2 matches , out of 18 players..9 were necromancers, I don't want even start a discussion , simply remove Rabid Amulet please.

@Arheundel.6451 said:We removed : Knight, Cavalier...why is Rabid still inside the mode when it should have been removed alongside those other tanky amulets? Today I have decided to give PvP a try after months.....oh boy I regret that decision now, within 2 matches , out of 18 players..9 were necromancers, I don't want even start a discussion , simply remove Rabid Amulet please.

wait, you think necromancers will go away if you remove rabid amulet or what?

I don't want to talk about it and be told I'm wrong so just do this please because I think it's the reason I am losing and not doing as much damage as I want/think I should be doing.

They remove the others since they were primary stat toughness. Rabid is secondary stat toughness.

It's also the only pure Condi amulet left.

Those amulets were removed because they allowed some classes IE Rangers to have high damage denial while still able to deal high damage because of their traits / skills.

Necromancers don't rely on toughness, Vitality is more beneficial to them because of Life Force. Rarely do people use Rabid because toughness doesn't help them survive both type of damage over time as good vitality would, especially if you're condition yourself because damage overtime doesn't beat direct damage in term of kill potential.

Rabid is a very niche stats selection that is not often used and removing it wouldn't solve anything that you mentioned. Plus, people have already said it. Toughness main stats amulet were removed, Rabid is not a toughness main stats.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:I don't want to talk about it and be told I'm wrong so just do this please because I think it's the reason I am losing and not doing as much damage as I want/think I should be doing.

They remove the others since they were primary stat toughness. Rabid is secondary stat toughness.

You forgot Carrion and Sinister, they both have 1200 condition damage as well.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:I don't want to talk about it and be told I'm wrong so just do this please because I think it's the reason I am losing and not doing as much damage as I want/think I should be doing.

I didn't include them because they're essentially Condi heavy hybrid amulets. They both have 900 power.

Rabid in the only amulet that has condition damage on it that also doesn't have power. i.e pure condi.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

I didn't include them because they're essentially Condi heavy hybrid amulets. They both have 900 power.

Rabid in the only amulet that has condition damage on it that also doesn't have power. i.e pure condi.

I guess, but do we have any traits that benefits from crits anymore?

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:I don't want to talk about it and be told I'm wrong so just do this please because I think it's the reason I am losing and not doing as much damage as I want/think I should be doing.

Did you cry/care when they removed other amulets used by other professions?...Were you crying before about other professions?...Hell Yeah! Think about all the times you came to the forum to "cry" thinking to be god's gift to mankind and only broken build could defeat your l33t combo!

@Shao.7236 said:Those amulets were removed because they allowed some classes IE Rangers to have high damage denial while still able to deal high damage because of their traits / skills.

Necromancers don't rely on toughness, Vitality is more beneficial to them because of Life Force. Rarely do people use Rabid because toughness doesn't help them survive both type of damage over time as good vitality would, especially if you're condition yourself because damage overtime doesn't beat direct damage in term of kill potential.

Rabid is a very niche stats selection that is not often used and removing it wouldn't solve anything that you mentioned. Plus, people have already said it. Toughness main stats amulet were removed, Rabid is not a toughness main stats.

So it's fine to remove other amulets when it's convenient to you.....such integrity

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Shao.7236 said:Those amulets were removed because they allowed some classes IE Rangers to have high damage denial while still able to deal high damage because of their traits / skills.

So it's fine to remove other amulets when it's convenient to you.....such integrity

I don't use Rabid nor play Necromancer, don't know where you're getting this from but removing it because /you/ think that's what people use is not the way to go, you have no facts or statistical proof that Necromancers as you claimed them were using Rabid.

paladins gave both vitality AND toughness, it was made to counter both condi and power builds.Rabid is SUPER niche, you might see it picked when you have full on power roster with rune of the undead to hardcounter you but its not much used.Its a punish for having full power team.

• to make value out of the amulet not only most if not entire enemy team has to be power but you ALSO have to have some on crit condi traits.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:I don't want to talk about it and be told I'm wrong so just do this please because I think it's the reason I am losing and not doing as much damage as I want/think I should be doing.

Did you cry/care when they removed
other amulets used by other professions?
...Were you
crying
before about other professions?...Hell Yeah! Think about all the times you came to the forum to "cry" thinking to be god's gift to mankind and only broken build could defeat your l33t combo!

Sounds like your projecting your behaviour on me. Hey you do you man.

Rabid is worse than carrion because VIT gives max life force and all life force gains are % based. VIT also gives HP which is good against ALL damage and not just power. You also get 50% DR while in shroud so longer shrouds are much, much better. Rabid also doesn't have power so your lich forms suck.

@Arheundel.6451 said:We removed : Knight, Cavalier...why is Rabid still inside the mode when it should have been removed alongside those other tanky amulets? Today I have decided to give PvP a try after months.....oh boy I regret that decision now, within 2 matches , out of 18 players..9 were necromancers, I don't want even start a discussion , simply remove Rabid Amulet please.

you know necros typically don't use rabid, right?

also even if you remove carrion, i dont use that either. I use wizard amulet.

so... remove carrion, rabid, wizard.... honestly just remove condi damage on ammies, right? is that what you're suggesting? cuz then i would switch to swashbuckler ammy, and STILL kill you, so you're gonna have to remove that one too.

what about celestial? that one has condi damage AND toughness AND vitality!!!! BROKEN!!!!!

here's an unpopular opinion: amulets were never the problem, and removing an amulet has never fixed a problem. builds were always the problem, and removing an amulet because of an over performing build is like throwing everyone in prison because one dude broke the law.

PvP balance has never been achieved in 99.9% of all other mmos to date.

Lets look at history of some of the more popular mmos that have a focus on pvp:

UO - Not even closeShadowbane - Not even closeDaoc - Arguably one of the better ones but still far from actual balanceWarhammer - Not even closeWow - Hate to admit it but this is probably the closest due to esports and the trinity. ( arena game play only )Blade and Soul - Pretty terribleArche Age - LAWL-LAWL-LAWLBDO - I don't have enough space to explain how bad the balance is there

Balance is the unicorn of mmos.

At best we should only hope for baseline balance. Anything beyond that and you have what we have in Gw2 - a continued cycle of chasing a carrot on a stick. We never move forward and continue to move backward.

@Shao.7236 said:

I guess, but do we have any traits that benefits from crits anymore?A curses minior trait applies bleed on crit. But carrion is way better and meta for core necro.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Barbed_Precision

• Running around with base health and base life force is suicide for core necro.
  • The 900 power from carrion have way more damage potential than these laughable, short, 33% bleeds from barbed precision.
  • In pvp the dmage is so low that nobody needs toughness. Vita is always superior (esp. for necro, because it improves the class mechanic).

No sane person would prefer rabid over carrion.

I used to joke about removing all but 3 amulets, so you get to choose the power, the condi, or the support amulet... because the game shouldn't confuse you with choices. Than a-net removed 50% of the amulets. And then some. And then some.

This isn't funny anymore.

I feel obligated to say no because the last time one person asked for amulets to be removed, they actually got what they wanted.

The less options we have, the more boring this game gets. It's already at the point where playing for anything more than dailies feels like a chore.

Repeatedly removing and nerfing things in ways that aren't exciting or creative makes PvP more boring and less diverse.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Barbed_Precision

• Running around with base health and base life force is suicide for core necro.
  • The 900 power from carrion have way more damage potential than these laughable, short, 33% bleeds from barbed precision.
  • In pvp the dmage is so low that nobody needs toughness. Vita is always superior (esp. for necro, because it improves the class mechanic).

No sane person would prefer rabid over carrion.

1s bleed on crit, 33% chance to proc. rabid amulet confirmed OP

@Azreell.1568 said:PvP balance has never been achieved in 99.9% of all other mmos to date.

Lets look at history of some of the more popular mmos that have a focus on pvp:

UO - Not even closeShadowbane - Not even closeDaoc - Arguably one of the better ones but still far from actual balanceWarhammer - Not even closeWow - Hate to admit it but this is probably the closest due to esports and the trinity. ( arena game play only )Blade and Soul - Pretty terribleArche Age - LAWL-LAWL-LAWLBDO - I don't have enough space to explain how bad the balance is there

Balance is the unicorn of mmos.

At best we should only hope for baseline balance. Anything beyond that and you have what we have in Gw2 - a continued cycle of chasing a carrot on a stick. We never move forward and continue to move backward.

IN BDO there is AOE dps class that has ability to make themselves and 10 other allies immune to damage and CC for 8s.sooo, you can have 11 wizards immune to and and all dmg and cc for 88s steamrolling you.:)small scale fights are fine but large scale are a joke