How Long Do I Have to Claim the Jormag Rising Episode?

ElonsMusk.2054

Like Aninnke said, ti's free until the next episode hits, hopefully in about 4 or 5 months.I really hope they take more time with the next one, so it at least reaches decent quality.

Just piling up these subpar story chapters and putting unnecessary grinds into the achievements does not contribute towards a positive feel for the game.

They usually don't release new chapters that overlap with festivals. Festival of the Four Winds will likely show up in a few weeks. It is possible (though seems unlikely) that next chapter will come in September. October is basically Halloween, so I might expect next chapter to drop after that (and before Wintersday), so November?

@ElonsMusk.2054 said:Thank you all for your answers! I did not expect such a high claim window, I was thinking it would be available for a week or so.

It's always been the case that an episode is free until the next one is released. I think the shortest window was 2 weeks, but that was during Season 2. During this season the gap between episodes has been roughly 2 months, with a festival in between each one. (Festivals don't affect LW episode availability.)

They don't announce the next episode right away, but usually about a week or two before it's released so you'll always have at least that much notice to pick up the previous one if you haven't already gotten it. And if for any reason you're not able to log in at all during an episodes release period you can buy it for 200 gems, which is currently about 70g.

@"ElonsMusk.2054" said:Thank you all for your answers! I did not expect such a high claim window, I was thinking it would be available for a week or so.

When you log in during a new story have been released it should be enough to get it added to your account. You can check it in your Hero Panel>Story section and you should see a chest (that indicate that you have access, but not started that part of story). If you haven't been logged in and misses an episode, then it will show a lock symbol and you need to purchase that Living Story part. Do it in Gem Store and newer from that panel where you see your stories in Hero Panel. The reason is that you often will get a price reduction from Gem Store, but never when you go directly from Story section.

Here is link to dates for Icebrood Saga: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Icebrood_Saga#Dates_of_free_access