Northern Drizzlewood Cache ( DO NOT DO THIS TRACK! )

Smoosh.2718

After finally completing the whole track, here is what you get in the final box...

50 Dragonite Ore50 Empyreal Fragments8 Obsidian Shards2 Mystic Clovers100 Volatile Magic10 Testimonies of Heroics.

This is the worst chest line you can pick for rewards. There is bugger all inside (in the sense of it being worth while of a last chest) of it making me waste an entire wvw sesh just to get it.

So... I recomend to anyone doing WvW DO NOT DO THIS TRACK.

H65vRvM.png

Wow, that's bad. Thank you for your sacrifice.

This is super lazy. There's so much stuff that could have gone in there. Just off the top of my head:-a bag of assorted lodestones (the ones that you can use to make amalgamated draconics) (repeatable)-some shards of jormag blood, or maybe a icebrood corruption tonic or two (repeatable)-A selectable dominion weapon (non repeatable)

Would have expected shards of jormag in the minor chests and a dominion tribune weapon or charged stormcaller weapon in the end chest.

There shouldn't be volatile magic either, that ought to be charr commendations so it's probably copied from a Living World Season 4 track.

Ok maybe I am misunderstanding something, when people say new reward track, do they mean it's the same reward track but updated/modified? Or an additional track is supposed to appear with the same name as the previous (2 x drizzlewood coast reward tracks repeatable)? Because if the answer is that it was updated/modified then that makes sense to me

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Ok maybe I am misunderstanding something, when people say new reward track, do they mean it's the same reward track but updated/modified? Or an additional track is supposed to appear with the same name as the previous (2 x drizzlewood coast reward tracks repeatable)? Because if the answer is that it was updated/modified then that makes sense to me

It appears that the other Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track (the original one) is no longer available to be selected and has been replaced with this oddity. Which, as I mentioned, is a copy of the Dragonfall Reward Track.

Note: I've opened a bug report in the forum

@misterman.1530 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Ok maybe I am misunderstanding something, when people say new reward track, do they mean it's the same reward track but updated/modified? Or an additional track is supposed to appear with the same name as the previous (2 x drizzlewood coast reward tracks repeatable)? Because if the answer is that it was updated/modified then that makes sense to me

It appears that the other Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track (the original one) is no longer available to be selected and has been replaced with this oddity. Which, as I mentioned, is a copy of the Dragonfall Reward Track.

Note: I've opened a bug report in the forum

Thank you, I think you have finally answered my mystery! Drove me nuts lol. I saw your post in bug forum which is why I asked here as I wasn't sure. Now I can rest my last brain cell.

None of this track made sense to me, for a final chest the rewards are atrocious. You dont get one item to help you build the new weapons, the previous tracks gave you unlockable storm weapon skins.

Something must have been messed up with this track.

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:I remember before they used to have the item you get from doing every achievement on new map in track reward as long as you do the story.Since iceblood saga, they removed it. Wonder why.

I know there were complaints about how easy it was to get certain achievement rewards via popping 88 saved wvw potions versus hours of pve.

Also, with the latest season, there have been a lot of emotes as final rewards, and people love what may be referred to as a "prestige reward", but as of late (the last couple of years anyway) don't so much love "working" for these rewards.

And as a final suggestion for the lack of these rewards in wvw tracks versus pveing for them, most of the recent achievements have involved doing strike missions in order to complete the meta achievement, so maybe that's being emphasized.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:I remember before they used to have the item you get from doing every achievement on new map in track reward as long as you do the story.Since iceblood saga, they removed it. Wonder why.

I know there were complaints about how easy it was to get certain achievement rewards via popping 88 saved wvw potions versus hours of pve.

Also, with the latest season, there have been a lot of emotes as final rewards, and people love what may be referred to as a "prestige reward", but as of late (the last couple of years anyway) don't so much love "working" for these rewards.

And as a final suggestion for the lack of these rewards in wvw tracks versus pveing for them, most of the recent achievements have involved doing strike missions in order to complete the meta achievement, so maybe that's being emphasized.

But we want to play WvW and not strike missions for the most part. Are we just not supposed to get new stuff unless we decide to not play our game mode? I get what you're saying, all of the reasons you gave are obvious, they're just not valid reason for them to shaft us again.