New Special Mission unlocking

Galmac.4680

Hi,

do I see that right, to unlock the new special missions I have to exchange 20 old special mission scrolla to 1 (one) new special mission scroll, with now about 30s per old scroll on the TP? Or do the new scrolls drop somewhere but I just missed that spot?

@ffletcher.3468 said:This is the problem all right. By the time you have spent enough time on the map to unlock the missions, you (or I, at least) will have no interest in going back to get the mission completion. Really poor game design imo, and a recurring theme lately.

Same... if the meta is half an hr, sure, I'll go back, but I've lost interest today after joining a full meta from start to finish, it took... up to 3 hrs off-peak. With that amount of stuff done during this whole 3 hrs, I still couldn't progress my achievements because I haven't unlock them yet? No thanks.

Issue I am having now is that I got the Dominion and Corrupted missions all open and recently got a Corrupted Intel document that I cannot use now. I wish we could exchange it for one we don't have in addition to collecting the 20 special mission documents for the Charr Intel documents. All I can do is sell it for 5 silver....

@Aerinndis.2730 said:Issue I am having now is that I got the Dominion and Corrupted missions all open and recently got a Corrupted Intel document that I cannot use now. I wish we could exchange it for one we don't have in addition to collecting the 20 special mission documents for the Charr Intel documents. All I can do is sell it for 5 silver....

Well no, they listable on TP. One of those still 90s and char still 6 or 7 gold

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I unlocked my first northern special mission after doing the meta 4 times. At this pace, I'll never unlock them all.

I didn't realize at first that all the special scrolls can be purchased from the TP if you really want, the Charr ones are expensive, but the others are pretty cheap. You can at least get those out of the way and save up for the Charr ones with map currency

@Sylanna.1947 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I unlocked my first northern special mission after doing the meta 4 times. At this pace, I'll never unlock them all.

I didn't realize at first that all the special scrolls can be purchased from the TP if you really want, the Charr ones are expensive, but the others are pretty cheap. You can at least get those out of the way and save up for the Charr ones with map currencyI don't intend to because I don't see the point. In the south, the special missions were useful to advance the legion tracks. You got new missions hard and fast and they gave lots of extra commendations. If I'm going to have to pay to get the commendations faster, I'll just buy them at the Quaestors and save myself the trouble of having to frantically compete for mission achievement credit with other people in the mad zerg that is the northern meta.

@ffletcher.3468 said:This is the problem all right. By the time you have spent enough time on the map to unlock the missions, you (or I, at least) will have no interest in going back to get the mission completion. Really poor game design imo, and a recurring theme lately.

Heh, I'm already there, and have only 3 scrolls in my bags; in other words, I lost desire even before I could unlock the missions.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I didn't realize at first that all the special scrolls can be purchased from the TP if you really want, the Charr ones are expensive, but the others are pretty cheap. You can at least get those out of the way and save up for the Charr ones with map currencyI don't intend to because I don't see the point. In the south, the special missions were useful to advance the legion tracks. You got new missions hard and fast and they gave lots of extra commendations. If I'm going to have to pay to get the commendations faster, I'll just buy them at the Quaestors and save myself the trouble of having to frantically compete for mission achievement credit with other people in the mad zerg that is the northern meta.

Yea, it's pretty frustrating. Some of the north events end in about 4 seconds with the mega zerg

I think I've only seen one Charr Intel, one Dominion Intel, and one Corrupted Intel from natural drops in the time it took me to get 5000 Dominion Commendations. Also, during that time (doing the full meta multiple times), I only got about four or five miscellaneous scrolls from the original set. The conversion cost is absurd. I just bought my Dominion and Corrupted Intel from the Trading Post and ignored the expensive Charr ones for now.

They're dropping very rarely to never for me too. I bought 160 normal ones each day (I know, quite costy and my wallet still hurts) and exchanged them for the new ones.But the drop rate of newer ones is really a joke considering how much old ones cluttered up the inventory before the newest release.
Maybe next time it would be nice to inform us when we need something for the future. Not everyone can spend gems all the time for new bank spaces or even can buy more spaces because they're maxed out already.

@Cynder.2509 said:I bought 160 normal ones each dayuhh why?

The Dominion documents are on the TP for 10s each, and the corrupted ones are on the TP for 50 silver each. That just leave the 10 normal charr document special missions, and at 20 scrolls each, thats only 200 of the old documents to unlock them all. You shouldnt need to buy 160 docs more then once.