Thank you Anet, for ruining the one Necromancer build I enjoyed playing...

jpsssss.7530

• 2 weeks later...

@"jpsssss.7530" said:I know Well of Corruption and Well of Darkness got buffed, but every other well lost a lot of good stuff AND got a cooldown increase if you were using the trait... As someone who uses wells on Necromancer, I'd rather all the well changes be undone. I actually liked having some good protection up-time to make up for being immobile. Thank you Anet for ruining the one Necromancer build I actually enjoyed playing...

In short, why nerf skills that have very little use? Like Well of Power and Well of Blood were already used very little... So why nerf them?

Anet is like "someone is liking necromancer? NERF IT AGAIN, APPEARENTLY WE DIDNT HIT IT HARD ENOUGH WITH THE PREVIOUS NERF BAT" then there is that elementalist on the side crying "stop! he's already dead!"

@Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

@"jpsssss.7530" said:I know Well of Corruption and Well of Darkness got buffed, but every other well lost a lot of good stuff AND got a cooldown increase if you were using the trait... As someone who uses wells on Necromancer, I'd rather all the well changes be undone. I actually liked having some good protection up-time to make up for being immobile. Thank you Anet for ruining the one Necromancer build I actually enjoyed playing...

In short, why nerf skills that have very little use? Like Well of Power and Well of Blood were already used very little... So why nerf them?

Anet is like "someone is liking necromancer? NERF IT AGAIN, APPEARENTLY WE DIDNT HIT IT HARD ENOUGH WITH THE PREVIOUS NERF BAT" then there is that elementalist on the side crying "stop! he's already dead!"

I almost missed your incessant whining.There have been a few builds that have been nerfed due to the Vampiric Rituals removal...but overall necro has been buffed. The change to Well of Darkness has been amazing. In T4's it shuts down everything under champion level, and by the time it's done, the target is dead. Reaper brings a lot of damage while also bringing a lot of debuffs (blind, chill, and yes even boon corrupt) as part of it's damage rotation. A profession doesn't have to deal 40k damage to be viable. And just in case you don't know, Reaper's at 34.3k benchmark, which is nothing to scoff at.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

I almost missed your incessant whining.There have been a few builds that have been nerfed due to the Vampiric Rituals removal...but overall necro has been buffed. The change to Well of Darkness has been amazing. In T4's it shuts down everything under champion level, and by the time it's done, the target is dead. Reaper brings a lot of damage while also bringing a lot of debuffs (blind, chill, and yes even boon corrupt) as part of it's damage rotation. A profession doesn't have to deal 40k damage to be viable. And just in case you don't know, Reaper's at 34.3k benchmark, which is nothing to scoff at.

necros still scoffed at in raids? yep, so no necro seems to still be crap

@Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

necros still scoffed at in raids? yep, so no necro seems to still be kitten

As others have said, people raid with necro all the time. Don't be so myopic. I have raided with Reaper and never had any issues, and this was when the benchmark was 31k. It's not the best to be sure, but it's viable. What VIABLE means is that the content is doable with that profession, it doesn't mean that the profession has to breeze through the content in speed clears because that's what OPTIMAL means. And for T4s, Reaper is amazing, especially now, for reasons I have already listed.

All you do is complain and sprout the same line over and over like a drug addict on pcp. Stop it. You're not contributing anything to any discussion you have been a part of on these forums. All you say is "Weeeeeq Necro doesn't do 50k dps so it's rubbish at everything it does...weeeeeq all necro does is boon corrupt". Do you even play the game anymore?

@Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

necros still scoffed at in raids?

Only if you choose to play that way.

But hey ... you don't play anymore right? Or was that just an empty threat?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65570/im-not-playing-gw2-till-necro-is-fun-to-play-in-pve-again/p1

The replacement for the well trait simply sucks and is useless in 95% of circumstances.

As for the trait in question, it was a fun trait. It wasnt really that good as it required you to take a lot of wells, which is not the most exciting gameplay. But the trait in itself was fun and had its moments. I would have prefered if they merged quickening thirst and banshees wail, putting the well trait into the master category, and brought in a really usefull grandmaster skill for good, life-sustaining solo play.

@Caedmon.6798 said:Dont worry thought theres lots of other viable builds around where you can spamm with your eyes closed and actually be decent.

This was a build that I've spent years tuning. In league of legends there was a phenomena called the Fiora Effect, where a character did JUST enough damage to get kills and had JUST enough survivability to not die. That was the build I had mentioned. Now I get to spend more time working on this because of Anet's incompetence in game design...

@Obtena.7952 said:

o i did quit for a long while, i hop on every know and then to check things out (mainly necro) i look at the LFG posts and still commonly see necros not being accepted into raids or 100's and such

@Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

o i did quit for a long while, i hop on every know and then to check things out (mainly necro) i look at the LFG posts and still commonly see necros not being accepted into raids or 100's and such

Right ... so basically what I said is correct. Just make the right the choices and you can play how you want.

@Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

I play every day, all day long in a NA server and I have never seen "No Necro" lfgs in either T4, CMs, or raids. Honestly, you have stuck in your head a certain perception that you keep projecting onto the game that just isn't real anymore.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

I play every day, all day long in a NA server and I have never seen "No Necro" lfgs in either T4, CMs, or raids. Honestly, you have stuck in your head a certain perception that you keep projecting onto the game that just isn't real anymore.

But it sure sounds good if someone thinks it will make the devs change the game and the class to how they want it to work don't it?

@jpsssss.7530 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:Dont worry thought theres lots of other viable builds around where you can spamm with your eyes closed and actually be decent.

This was a build that I've spent years tuning. In league of legends there was a phenomena called the Fiora Effect, where a character did JUST enough damage to get kills and had JUST enough survivability to not die. That was the build I had mentioned. Now I get to spend more time working on this because of Anet's incompetence in game design...

I had the same type of build, balanced with damage and survivability.

I was running scourge at plat 1/2, yes people attacked me for playing it lol (had many moments beating that same person running the usual meta 1vs1 which was great lol).

The build didn't carry at all, facerolling doesn't kill anything and you could not facetank like a core nerco.

You need to learn/know what build you against and the type of player. Basically you react to their attacks/buffs etc learn their combo which usually they just faceroll whole bar most time lol.

I loved it, really enjoyed whole playing smart, you know using the right skill at right time which traited Wells did play a decent part.

Meta players wasn't really using well but anet....are on drugs with this update!

p/p theif doing huge damage by pressing 1 skill with their auto save traits....fire guard faceroll to fart out stacks of burns automatically lol.

Stopped playing after the update... just pop on now and again.

I miss it too, protect on wells was great to have, specially since it was AoE protect so I could provide it to a group or party as well as use it as a form of self sustain.Necro doesn't have all that much in the way of group support so it sucks that we lost this because it was one of the better support utilities we had.

And the tradeoff.. Blood Bank, entirely selfish and largely useless trait except in PvP, WvW.. which just makes necros even more tanky and annoying to deal with at the expense of the group.. which they were already exceptionally good at anyway.

Necro didn't need blood bank, like at all.. if anything it's only made them even more annoying..One reason I guess why many are openly disgruntled about the loss of the trait.

@Teratus.2859 said:I miss it too, protect on wells was great to have, specially since it was AoE protect so I could provide it to a group or party as well as use it as a form of self sustain.Necro doesn't have all that much in the way of group support so it sucks that we lost this because it was one of the better support utilities we had.

And the tradeoff.. Blood Bank, entirely selfish and largely useless trait except in PvP, WvW.. which just makes necros even more tanky and annoying to deal with at the expense of the group.. which they were already exceptionally good at anyway.

Necro didn't need blood bank, like at all.. if anything it's only made them even more annoying..One reason I guess why many are openly disgruntled about the loss of the trait.

Except its not that useful in pvp or wvw because barrier only lasts 5 seconds. On top of that you're dumping a 30 sec cooldown for barrier... Its a god awful trait...

@jpsssss.7530 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:I miss it too, protect on wells was great to have, specially since it was AoE protect so I could provide it to a group or party as well as use it as a form of self sustain.Necro doesn't have all that much in the way of group support so it sucks that we lost this because it was one of the better support utilities we had.

Except its not that useful in pvp or wvw because barrier only lasts 5 seconds. On top of that you're dumping a 30 sec cooldown for barrier... Its a god awful trait...

It is only useful for wvw in zerg fights nothing else.