"Jormag Rising" Guild Chat: We want your questions!

Rubi Bayer.8493

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this release, you introduced the Vermillion Wings Backpack, another shiny backpack that is fully dyeable. Ignoring the fact that drops in the predatory RNG-in-paid-lootbox format, it brings up the question of when will we get dyeable versions of all of the legendary backpacks? If we aren't ever going to get dyeable legendary backpacks, why do you feel that your endgame rewards that take significant effort to get deserve to be outshined consistently by gemstore items?

And on the subject of dyeable legendary gear - when will we receive the promised dye fixes to raid legendary armor? Remember how good the heavy armor looked in your preview youtube video? I want to look that good too.

What is the intended strategy for the tribune part of the north meta. Most of the maps I have been on just go as one big group from one tribune to the next and I was wondering if this is the way you envisioned it or should people split into multiple groups to do multiple tribunes at the same time? Thanks!

Okay. Fine.

Nobody asked for this.
When there's a response to the story, it's either lukewarm, or uninterested, with a very small number of responses as positive (less than 1/40).There are however, a ton of people asking for elite specs, some kind of long-term gameplay expansion, or begging for completion of dropped story threads.
I don't have all the data, and it's entirely possible that what's visible isn't correct, but it makes no sense to push 1000% in a direction the playerbase is lukewarm or aggressively against, instead of giving the players what they want. Heck, I went into Icebrood, saw Braham following me, and went back into Core. (where I'm having a lovely time) I guess the question is:

Why Anet? Why this direction? Most of the visible playerbase is angry or resigned- heck, most of the people on the forums are angry or resigned- just look at the lore discussions, the people reacting to the majority of the content being released are salty about it. And it keeps coming. Instead of elite specs, instead of a long-term game mode, instead of the story that people want. It's the same thing as the last four years. You know! You have to know!!!

It doesn't make any sense to me.

Hello! I would like to preface with the fact that I really enjoyed this episode, and the gags throughout the story run were on point, so whoever thought them up (like the annoyed eagle screech part) has my props. The new meta, while long, really gives you a great feeling like you're storming an enemy base, and I loved the mission impossible-esque touch to the first story instance. I have a few questions, but am aware some might be things for a future episode to address.

1. What's actually keeping Crecia from simply assuming the Imperator position at this point? It seems safe to say she has everyone's support. Is there nitpicking about her ancestry that hasn't been addressed?
  2. I really loved seeing Ember Doomforge coming back to a degree of relevancy. I loved her in Ghosts of Ascalon and was happy to see her and hear she's Tribune rank. I do have to wonder, though, is she still being involved with guild initiatives? Or is this just a momentary call to duty with dealing with Bangar and Jormag?
  3. Will we get a chance to see Mia Kindleshot in future episodes? She was a big sweetheart in LS4 Episode 5 and I'd love to see her again.

Why does Jormag look so skinny? ?

Are they plans to make the Claw harder?

I couldn't quite understand that Owl's return scene and it was so confusing s/he returned but then we didn't want him/her to return and suddenly the Owl opens the gate too, I was confused by that Owl thing...

Who is responsible for "motherf..."? ?

Hey Arenanet!I have always loved this game and there's something ineffable about it that draws me to it time and time again- you have truly accomplished something wonderful in the making of this game.

Given the amount of people who hold the same opinion as I do, I have always wondered why you never seem to pay attention to the performance and optimisation of the game. The new maps released with PoF, LS4 and all the maps thereafter have been conspicuously riddled with lag and are nigh unplayable. As someone who plays MMORPGs exclusively I find that even the ones released before GW2 seem to run perfectly fine at 60+ fps at max graphics in busy towns.Lion's Arch on the other hand brings my PC to it's knees.Please do something about the performance of this game as no amount of upgrades to the PC seems to fix it, I simply want to enjoy the game at 60 fps. ?

Is it out of the question to have more mastery insights per episode? That way we could have more options to pick and choose from to level our masteries and aren't stuck doing some of the more mundane tasks like completing the Jormag Rising/Drizzlewood Coast meta 10 times.

As others have mentioned. Please adjust the end chests not to be scattered around the map after the final meta or at least explain why this was done. It would also be nicer if this meta was a bit shorter. Long metas with no time for breaks is exhausting.

The new Phalanx warriors are awesome.

What lead to their creation, design-wise?Any chance of seeing them in a Strike Mission?

Also, to Matthew Medina, what's it feel like to be releasing GW2 content again?With your Design Deconstructed series reflecting on your past releases did you gain any insights that you applied to this episode?

Lastly, can we get the final Drizzlewood chests moved closer together? It's quite a chore to run around collecting them after the marathon meta.

This kind of "meta" maps are incredible and very repeatable, i totally love Drizzlewood Coast, even though the meta is veryyy long with a lot of downtime inbetween objectives. Are you considering any adjustments in the future ?

Also as for feedback, make the metas more challenging, don't be afraid, go all in we love challenging content.

Thanks for the awesome episode!

Can you set EVERY adventure a button to reset? There isnt any since pof and it's unnecesseraly boring to unlog relog or suiciding.

Is it possible to have /gg working in personnal story? The fight vs bangar was so bugged that i had to unlog relog

Where is caithe since dragonfall? How did the transformation of aurene affect her? Did she die?

Why is logan leading the seraph and not the pact? Why is braham the only norn helping the commander against jormag?

The stories, Living World episodes, and expansions of Guild Wars 2 often delve deeply into the lore of one region of Tyria, while the Pact Commander leaves past regions and allies behind to face new threats. As we delve into the far north, diving into the lore of the Charr and Norn, what are a few minor story notes going on in other regions?

The Captain's Council in Lion's Arch. The soldiers and allies still stationed in the Maguuma Wastes and the Heart of Maguuma beyond. Seraph fighting White Mantle, Asuran Krewe's researching unbound magic, and Valiants cleansing Orr. Elona left without a leader and recovering from a war with a God in the north, and our allies cleaning up from a battle with an Elder Dragon in the south.

@"Tuna Bandit.3786" said:My questions are simple

1. What was the idea with the Snipers? There are so many, that you cannot really enjoy the map. You are constantly on edge because of the OP range and the sheer amount. Even my deadeye cannot range shoot them due to their strategical positioning, yet they can harm her. I have a 2fold question about that. First: Why so many with such range that we cannot really go out and Explore and secondly, why do NPC's not have to follow the same rules of direct path? This is seriously obstructing a proper way to counter them.

i was wondering the same thing, then i saw the new mount skill, "stealth". so they dont intend on ever doing anything about the insane range of these snipers, they are saying (with the new stealth skill) that it is here to stay, and wait till the next map, lol

i believe if this is the case, i will not be venturing any further from here.

Any chance for pieces of our story content to be recycled as endgame content like fractals (f.e. the phenomenal Balthazar bossfight)?

Is there any chance for the rise of difficulty of content released after LWS4?

Are we going to see more difficult and challenging content in the upcoming months? Some of us like to wipe a few dozen times before killing that boss.

Are you guys feeling OK? If current situation ever makes you choose either deadlines or personal health - please choose health. We are patient, we can wait for content.

Any chance to regrow love with reddit community and attempt healthy, civilized day to day conversation with fanbase there? We're here for you and we're here to help.

Is the broken tusk where the Fang of the Serpent comes from? If so why does the Fang of the Serpent not match the texture of Jormag's teeth? And what was the reasoning for changing it from a broken tooth from a knocked out whole tooth?

Smodur's personality seems to have calmed down a lot in Episode 4 compared to Episode 3. Why was this? And what was the reasoning for his anticlimactic death?

How do you think the lack of voice acting has affected view of the story?

After hearing feedback about the meta, are there any plans to shorten or streamline it, like it was done with Drakkar?

What was it that caused Jormag to bleed to create this large flood of Jormag's blood?

Jormag's blood in liquid form bears a heavy similarity to Nulfastu's crevice in GW1's Eye of the North. Was this intentional? Is there any lore relation between the two?

@"Sajuuk Khar.1509" said:After the near constant backlash against strikes since Grothmar, I suspect ANet has gotten the message. Most of the playerbase doesn't, and wont, care about dungeons, raids, or strikes, no matter how hard you try to force them down people's throats. I wouldn't be surprised if they just stop making them due to it not working.Not caring about them wasn't why there was backlash, but because the vocal minority want fractals and raids over "repeat story bosses as easy 10 man content". Stopping development of strikes won't fix that unless the people making them are now doing a raid.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Not caring about them wasn't why there was backlash, but because the vocal minority want fractals and raids over "repeat story bosses as easy 10 man content". Stopping development of strikes won't fix that unless the people making them are now doing a raid.No, there's those people, but I've seen pretty lengthy threads in the past with people who hate ALL of that kind of content saying they dislike strikes, and the game trying to force them to do them.

The people who want raids will never be happy, even if Anet makes a new raid, because they will never put out new raids fast enough to keep raiders entertained. Its not worth it to make that many raids, since most players don't like, or want to like, raids, so Anet isn't going to spend the money to make them, when they could spend that money on pretty much anything else and make more people happy in the process.

That was what strikes were supposed to be for, raid primers to get more of the general pop into a raid mindset, but that hasn't worked at all, and, if anything, has made the majority of the playerbase even MORE anti-raid then they were before.