Flashbang: Reduced blinded duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.

Still gonna be blinded every few seconds and hit for massive damage. 'Nade damage nerf hur dur!' Nade Barrage is still gonna remove half your health, and EE still doesn't get removed on missed attacks. Can I have this back on Shiro's heal when charges only got used if the attack hit? How come Engi gets to keep theirs?

Reducing the length of blind applied is probably the most useless nerf I have ever seen. Do they even know how Blind works? Reducing duration works perfectly fine with most conditions but with blind it's so pointless, noone is going to stand around for 2 seconds not hitting after getting blinded especially when it's spammable.

Meanwhile mesmer blind spam (Blinding Dissipation) got nerfed to ground (now utterly useless) even though it was actually LESS spammable than Flashbang currently.. What a joke. Throw an ICD on blind and problem solved. It's dumb spammy gameplay that shouldn't be rewarded.

And don't get me started on the other 'nerfs' on holo.. Still easily outperforming every single class in the game.

@"dronte.3416" said:Reducing the length of blind applied is probably the most useless nerf I have ever seen. Do they even know how Blind works? Reducing duration works perfectly fine with most conditions but with blind it's so pointless, noone is going to stand around for 2 seconds not hitting after getting blinded especially when it's spammable.

Meanwhile mesmer blind spam (Blinding Dissipation) got nerfed to ground (now utterly useless) even though it was actually LESS spammable than Flashbang currently.. What a joke. Throw an ICD on blind and problem solved. It's dumb spammy gameplay that shouldn't be rewarded.

And don't get me started on the other 'nerfs' on holo.. Still easily outperforming every single class in the game.

Well I could have written a huge TL;DR post explaining why these sort of "Pretend balance" changes do more harm than good, since they demoralize the community when we read them. Hopefully the point has been made by this alternative method of putting just as much effort into making this thread as the effort that was put into this specific balance decision.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@"dronte.3416" said:Reducing the length of blind applied is probably the most useless nerf I have ever seen. Do they even know how Blind works? Reducing duration works perfectly fine with most conditions but with blind it's so pointless, noone is going to stand around for 2 seconds not hitting after getting blinded especially when it's spammable.

Well I could have written a huge TL;DR post explaining why these sort of "Pretend balance" changes do more harm than good, since they demoralize the community when we read them. Hopefully the point has been made by this alternative method of putting just as much effort into making this thread as the effort that was put into this specific balance decision.

CmC can't change how the skill works so this was all he could do. Why the skills team thought flash bang was a good idea, however, is a good question.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

CmC can't change how the skill works so this was all he could do. Why the skills team thought flash bang was a good idea, however, is a good question.

they could nerf it to 0,5s or 0,75s or 1s duration where waiting out the blind is legit counterplay strategy.but with 2s duration you have to get through the blind anyways.

@dronte.3416 said:Reducing the length of blind applied is probably the most useless nerf I have ever seen. Do they even know how Blind works? Reducing duration works perfectly fine with most conditions but with blind it's so pointless, noone is going to stand around for 2 seconds not hitting after getting blinded especially when it's spammable.

Pretty much this.Can we then unerf blinding dissipation ? :)Mean it's fun how things considered unfun and cheesy on mesmer (hello clone on death average 1k5 versus pre patch warrior unblocable 3k evade, old pof start holo bomb on evade, damage on rupts etc....) are given to every class without problem during a long period.

You know it's like if you have a gun, someone come telling you it's OP because he only has a knife. You drop the gun away.Then your neighbour come to you with the said gun and kill you ⊙﹏⊙ ⊙﹏⊙⊙﹏⊙.Mean why something is considered OP on mesmer and not on other class ?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

they could nerf it to 0,5s or 0,75s or 1s duration where waiting out the blind is legit counterplay strategy.but with 2s duration you have to get through the blind anyways.

There is one thing I don't understand.

Even with the 2 seconds duration of the blind currently, you can do something similar. You can just throw out an attack at the engineer you don't mind missing like an auto attack.The blind is not coming instantly out of nowhere, it is telegraphed. You see them dodging? Then you know there is a blind incoming. Simple as that.

Now you can just throw an auto attack at the enemy to get rid of the blind, which basically is the same (or even less depending on the speed of your weapon) time investment than your suggestion here to wait out a 1 second blind.Why am I the only one who doesn't seem bothered by a telegraphed blind? I see them dodging, I know I will get blinded and won't used a burst skill immediately afterwards, but first get rid of the blind by wiffing something meaningless at them.

@viquing.8254 said:

@dronte.3416 said:Reducing the length of blind applied is probably the most useless nerf I have ever seen. Do they even know how Blind works? Reducing duration works perfectly fine with most conditions but with blind it's so pointless, noone is going to stand around for 2 seconds not hitting after getting blinded especially when it's spammable.

Pretty much this.Can we then unerf blinding dissipation ? :)Mean it's fun how things considered unfun and cheesy on mesmer (hello clone on death average 1k5 versus pre patch warrior unblocable 3k evade, old pof start holo bomb on evade, damage on rupts etc....) are given to every class without problem during a long period.

You know it's like if you have a gun, someone come telling you it's OP because he only has a knife. You drop the gun away.Then your neighbour come to you with the said gun and kill you ⊙﹏⊙ ⊙﹏⊙⊙﹏⊙.Mean why something is considered OP on mesmer and not on other class ?

I am not that familiar with mesmer, but in general you can say: context matters.

Different classes have different tools available. Which means that one thing can be underpowered on one class, while being busted on another simply because of synergies.For example, as far as I can find mesmer has a trait that enhances blinds by making them add confusion on top. Engineer on the other hand has absolutely no interaction with blinds in traits.

@Kodama.6453 said:

Even with the 2 seconds duration of the blind currently, you can do something similar. You can just throw out an attack at the engineer you don't mind missing like an auto attack.The blind is not coming instantly out of nowhere, it is
telegraphed
. You see them dodging? Then you know there is a blind incoming. Simple as that.

Now you can just throw an auto attack at the enemy to get rid of the blind, which basically is the same (or even less depending on the speed of your weapon) time investment than your suggestion here to wait out a 1 second blind.Why am I the only one who doesn't seem bothered by a telegraphed blind? I see them dodging, I know I will get blinded and won't used a burst skill immediately afterwards, but first get rid of the blind by wiffing something meaningless at them.

you misunderstand.Right now it lasts 2s. You HAVE to remove it with cleanse/auto to get rid of it before big skill, some classes like warrior cant even do that.if it lasts 1s, you can wait 0,4s, THEN start casting skill during blind and it will hit as blind ends, bypassing it by waiting VERY short duration.As it stands the 3s->2s change did nothing

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Even with the 2 seconds duration of the blind currently, you can do something similar. You can just throw out an attack at the engineer you don't mind missing like an auto attack.The blind is not coming instantly out of nowhere, it is
telegraphed
. You see them dodging? Then you know there is a blind incoming. Simple as that.

you misunderstand.Right now it lasts 2s. You HAVE to remove it with cleanse/auto to get rid of it before big skill, some classes like warrior cant even do that.if it lasts 1s, you can wait 0,4s, THEN start casting skill during blind and it will hit as blind ends, bypassing it by waiting VERY short duration.As it stands the 3s->2s change did nothing

Why shouldn't a warrior be able to get rid of the blind? Most builds I can find use greatsword, which has a ranged skill by being able to throw the greatsword at your enemy and also a dash to close the gap to auto atack.

Another build uses axe, which also has a ranged attack. Even with a charge mechanic, so they can throw one axe at the enemy to get rid of the blind and still have one for damage.

Sword: also has a leap to close the gap, either getting rid of the blind immediately or following up with auto attack after closing the gap.

And most classes have some kind of small ranged attack they can use for that task, don't they?

@Kodama.6453 said:

telegraphed

Why shouldn't a warrior be able to get rid of the blind? Most builds I can find use greatsword, which has a ranged skill by being able to throw the greatsword at your enemy and also a dash to close the gap to auto atack.

Another build uses axe, which also has a ranged attack. Even with a charge mechanic, so they can throw one axe at the enemy to get rid of the blind and still have one for damage.

Sword: also has a leap to close the gap, either getting rid of the blind immediately or following up with auto attack after closing the gap.

And most classes have some kind of small ranged attack they can use for that task, don't they?

those skills ARE the damage of warrior, using them to remove blind wastes good chunk of the damage

@Kodama.6453 said:

telegraphed

The axe throw crits for 5k+, you absolutely do not use that to clear blind.Passive, zero resource cost aoe(?) blind should not exist. Blind is too powerful of a condition to be handed out for free, you should always have to commit something to gain blind.Herald AOE blind on gaze of darkness is also an issue as it has zero resource cost.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

telegraphed

The axe throw crits for 5k+, you absolutely do not use that to clear blind.Passive, zero resource cost aoe(?) blind should not exist. Blind is too powerful of a condition to be handed out for free, you should always have to commit something to gain blind.Herald AOE blind on gaze of darkness is also an issue as it has zero resource cost.

Your definition of passive and no resource cost seems off.