Architecture?

Bast.7253

For some reason I was thinking the old stone architecture we've kept seeing from Thunderhead Peaks cavern to the area under Drakkar lake, to now Drizzlewood was all Dwarven. But it seems it's Norn?

Or is it a mixture of both? If it's just norn how come we didn't really anything similar anywhere else in game before now? I mean I know new assets keep getting created but what's the shift from these intricate underground tunnel systems and lavish stone structure to wooden shacks?

If it's a mix then I suppose these were built closer to the time when the ancient races were more in touch with each other or more prevalent?

Just one thing that struck me as odd.

And we still haven't found any abandoned huge Jotun ruins which makes me pretty sad. :( I mean my hopes are probably unrealistic for the scope of a living world release but one can dream.

Another unrealistic hope I had was for another guild hall option in this area with some of these assets. Maybe a mixture of ocean/PNW forest, cavern systems, and snowy/jagged area or even aurene crystal area.

Anyway. A bit jumbled but yeah, what's with this architecture? Is it Dwarven and Norn just kind of repurposed it or did they just kind of live intermingled at one point? Or is it Norn and it just looks really similar to the stuff that was seemingly Dwarven?

In Bjora Marches, they used reskins of dwarven and exalted structures to make the various norn structures. In Drizzlewood, though, it seems to just be pure dwarven structures which is... weird.

One of the key differences I noticed in the Bjora Marches structures from Thunderhead Keep, etc. is the lack of those circle plates with nordic knot designs on them - the nordic knot designs are persistent on the walls, but the circle panels are lacking.

What's weird is that in GW1, norn structures were a much different design - the reuse of exalted structure with new textures makes sense there, just as Vabbian structures are reskinned Maguuma Wastes architecture or the reskinned Ascalonian ruins architecture being used to represent Turai Ossa's failed colony in the desert. But the dwarven design doesn't really match what we got of norn designs so it's more off-putting than other reskins.

As to abandoned jotun ruins - not surprising given we've largely stuck to EotN maps with Icebrood Saga, and there were no jotun structures in GW1.

I immediately assumed it was Dwarven too, and after the story ended it took me a moment before I realized; "Hey, wait there was nothing with Dwarves? Why the ruins?". Even when the Norn have their own architecture, TONS of assets in fact, Anet decided NOT to use that to represent Norn, instead opting for assets belonging to another race, and not altered in any way.

???